• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] Suddenly My Gargoyle Can't Hit The Side of a Mountain?

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know most think this is a worthless skill but I also enjoy supporting the best Zoo on any shard so please let that part of my post go without comment.

I can no longer hit ANYTHING when using a throwing weapon. All my combat skills are set to increase, my weapons have plenty of durability and if it matters I am using the original client. I also have the Crystal Ball of Knowledge turned on and it doesn't mention any of my combat skills as my weapons whiff through the air. I was getting optimal gains from ghouls and such but now I can't even hit a snake or mongbat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Are you holding a shield?

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I did just switch to a shield. Is it a bug that a shield is causing the issue or is this as it is designed?

Thanks for the help

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
The shield is the problem. This has been a major complaint about the throwing skill: when you hold a shield, your hci goes in the crapper. Supposedly your parry skill reduces the hci penalty, but I've never seen anything to prove this. Bottom line is, if you're a thrower, you either need to have parry/bush or no parry/bush. Plain 'ol parry will kill your hit chance.

Here's the official down low:

Shield Penalties: All throwing weapons are one-handed, and thus Gargoyles can equip shields.

o Causes Hit Chance and Defense Reduction penalties while holding a shield. This penalty is reduced by your skill in parrying.
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30774