• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stygian Abyss: Pkers are descriminated!!!

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yesterday I buy 3 upgrades to SA , I log after patching and I go look for the SA entrances in Felucca . I have 11 red chars and one blue char ( ie my mule) which is not red cuz I really never use it .

I find the first spawn, Primevil Lich or something , it takes quite a lot to finish the spawn, we were 5 necros. The area is large but not too much, there is a tunnel that brings to a dead end ( Trammel passage....) . We finish the champ, it's pretty easy the final monster....

After we go check the other champ spawn, we find it , and decide to do the spawn this evening...

Anyway question is....STYGIAN ABYSS in felucca develops itself just with 2 champions?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

We won't get the Stygian Abyss dungeon which was well developed?

OH

MY

GOD?

why?

If tbh Felucca has just 2 champs, it's pretty sad. Why EA hates Felucca so much? If you would revamp Felucca you would get tons of old subscribers back. SA just gives us 2 dungeons? I thought tbh we could have loads of new fel contents... :(

I hope I am wrong!!!

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This information has been available for some time. Two new champs in Fel ruleset SA. The rest of the expansion is Trammel ruleset.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You wouldnt get old subscribers back if you did a Fell revamp anyway.
They would only return if it became skill based once more rather than item based.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not talking about the info,if it's like this, it's simply stupid. the Stygian Abyss should have been also in Felucca . Ppl could have the option to do PVM in a EASY way, or to do it in a DIFFICULT way (ie in felucca).

At the moment, like this, there is just the EASY WAY .

also the CUSTOMERS who pay to play uo in the DIFFICULT way should be satisfied and not discriminated.

D

Der Rock

Yesterday I buy 3 upgrades to SA , I log after patching and I go look for the SA entrances in Felucca . I have 11 red chars and one blue char ( ie my mule) which is not red cuz I really never use it .

I find the first spawn, Primevil Lich or something , it takes quite a lot to finish the spawn, we were 5 necros. The area is large but not too much, there is a tunnel that brings to a dead end ( Trammel passage....) . We finish the champ, it's pretty easy the final monster....

After we go check the other champ spawn, we find it , and decide to do the spawn this evening...

Anyway question is....STYGIAN ABYSS in felucca develops itself just with 2 champions?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

We won't get the Stygian Abyss dungeon which was well developed?

OH

MY

GOD?

why?

If tbh Felucca has just 2 champs, it's pretty sad. Why EA hates Felucca so much? If you would revamp Felucca you would get tons of old subscribers back. SA just gives us 2 dungeons? I thought tbh we could have loads of new fel contents... :(

I hope I am wrong!!!
STOP ! what is wrong here??????????????????

YOU (as a REAL Pker) YOU need champ spawns to PvP ?????
YOU need PvM to do PvP ????????????

:coco: :coco: :coco: :loser: :lol:

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

FYI players gather groups and try to raid champ spawns => PvP so it's a good way to get action. PvM on the other hand.. lets just say that in Trammel you can't kill off the competition.

D

Der Rock

also the CUSTOMERS who pay to play uo in the DIFFICULT way should be satisfied and not discriminated.

aha, if you and your other heros ambush a honest PvM Champ group ,YOU calling THIS the DIFFICULT way
:lol:

D

Der Rock

FYI players gather groups and try to raid champ spawns => PvP so it's a good way to get action. PvM on the other hand.. lets just say that in Trammel you can't kill off the competition.
FYI: ambushing a PvM player is NO PvP
to say it clearly: THERE IS NO REAL PVP in UO :wall:

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aha, if you and your other heros ambush a honest PvM Champ group ,YOU calling THIS the DIFFICULT way
:lol:
No, the difficult way he's referring to is to hunt mobs in Fel actually having a risk of getting killed. Something that Trammel doesn't have.

Besides, there's nothing wrong killing a champ group. They did, after all, agree to non-consentual PvP by coming to Felucca.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you obviously don't know much about UO don't you?

We pvp always in the same areas since 12 years... I would have expected more new places for Pkers to pvp in...

P.s. DIFFICULT ---> felucca---> you cannot pass though monsters, you can be attacked by other players , fields are working...a Stygian Abyss in Felucca would have been much more challenging .

I just can't get the reason why they cannot put a STYGIAN ABYSS in felucca also. It's simply discriminating felucca once more.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have actually 3 skills to train, after that always the same places to pvp in, except 2 new dungeons....

lol?

when Tram gets a dungeon very well designed with tons of things to do ... bah....

Just stupid.

A stygian Abyss in felucca would have been fun tbh , doing pvm and pvp in a kewl new area which is incredibly beautiful to pvp in, all the uber traps you can do in that dungeon...bah

It's just stupid.

we pay for SA and we don't get the SA dungeon.

D

Der Rock

Besides, there's nothing wrong killing a champ group. They did, after all, agree to non-consentual PvP by coming to Felucca.
oh,and because of that you ALL cry for "revamp" "repeople" ....fell :wall:

YOU feel abandoned NOT we :lol:

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pkers discriminated:

One red town:

Buccaneer's....which is totally unplayable due 3 server lines connecting there.

Simple facts.

Pkers are discriminated:

Factions:

No new contents since the creation, except this year the develop ( well developed) of the faction items. But that's it, in like...8 years? just that....

Champion spawns :

Always the same things to do , but wait, they put a second bridge in DEspise after 12 years and they drop Replicas now ( very good idea, which sincerly I was the first one to reccomend, when I said " give the event items to everyone by doing champs, don't delete them" )

Bounty Stystem:

A very funny thing to do for blues against the best pkers...it was easy exploitable long ago, it could have been revamped and with some modifications it would have been really fun. instead it has been deleted, cuz it was too cruel... lol tbh.

I thought this expansion would have revamped everything, but it's gonna just make Trammel FULL cuz of the SA dungeon and Felucca EMPTY.

Wait, let's not call it anymore Felucca, maybe it's better to call it Feluffa , it sounds fun .

Fel players are descriminated. Simple.

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thread moved into the rants = discrimination .

When Felucca will be dead, Uo will die. You'll see.

UO with milk and biscuit wasn't meant to be.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI: ambushing a PvM player is NO PvP
to say it clearly: THERE IS NO REAL PVP in UO :wall:
PvP = Player vs. Player. Doesn't necessarily mean it's fair, justified or right. But combat between two players is PvP nevertheless.

W

Wolfways

I think PVPers are very lucky in UO when you consider what EA Mythic did to RPers in Warhammer Online. Not enough players on the RP servers? Give players the option to transfer their characters to another server and then close the servers. If players don't choose a server to transfer to they get a forced transfer to <insert server name here>.

Hmm i quite like that idea...

Give players the option of transfering their characters to Siege (or a european version of Siege) and remove Fel completely. If players don't choose to transfer to Siege (or the european server) their characters will be transported to Trammel and turned blue.

Actually i love that idea!
But then i'm sick of Fel getting stuff (more resources/powerscrolls) to try to "entice" players to go there so the pk's have more easy targets.

(Note: pk and PVP are totally different things.)

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not a pvp'er and I hate PK's but I have to agree that they should have gotten the dungeon too. It seems a little weird to me that they only put it in Trammel. If you have all red characters then you don't get to check it out. That is kinda not fair IMHO.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think PVPers are very lucky in UO when you consider what EA Mythic did to RPers in Warhammer Online. Not enough players on the RP servers? Give players the option to transfer their characters to another server and then close the servers. If players don't choose a server to transfer to they get a forced transfer to <insert server name here>.

Hmm i quite like that idea...

Give players the option of transfering their characters to Siege (or a european version of Siege) and remove Fel completely. If players don't choose to transfer to Siege (or the european server) their characters will be transported to Trammel and turned blue.

Actually i love that idea!
But then i'm sick of Fel getting stuff (more resources/powerscrolls) to try to "entice" players to go there so the pk's have more easy targets.

(Note: pk and PVP are totally different things.)
Some PVP'ers already have homes and stuff on their shard. I would not want to give up my homes and up and transfer to a different shard. They should get the same dungeons we have in Trammel.

W

Wolfways

Some PVP'ers already have homes and stuff on their shard. I would not want to give up my homes and up and transfer to a different shard. They should get the same dungeons we have in Trammel.
Many RPers in WAR didn't want to move to pve servers but had no choice.
I'm just saying that it was the lack of players on those servers (all the european RP servers) that made EAMythic close them, yet people have been complaining about Fel being empty for years and what do they do? Add "incentives" to get players there.
Tbh i'm surprised that Fel is still there.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many RPers in WAR didn't want to move to pve servers but had no choice.
I'm just saying that it was the lack of players on those servers (all the european RP servers) that made EAMythic close them, yet people have been complaining about Fel being empty for years and what do they do? Add "incentives" to get players there.
Tbh i'm surprised that Fel is still there.
Yeah I suppose. I just wouldnt want to up and move is all. I really dont know what happens in Fel anymore so I cant comment intelligently on it. I have gone to the Yew moongate a few times and was amazed that no one was around. That place used to be a constant battle ground. BUT I still don't get why they didnt put the abyss on both facets. Just seems weird

C

Capt.E

I'm not sure what game you have been playing for the last 6 years, but how much money have you made off 120 scrolls? Fel definetly is smaller than tram(its been that way for awhile now) but has far better rewards. There are new artifact drops from champs and new 120 scrolls also being only 2 spawns should be better, less places to go means more action in those 2 places. Unless of course your one of those miner pk'ers. In which case I could care less.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
3 upgrades and you can't enjoy the trammel content? You seriously have 21 reds (minus a crafter or two)?

You are hard core, guy.

D

Dain

They would only return if it became skill based once more rather than item based.
The statement that UO is an item based game (especially at the PvP level) it's entirely incorrect and somewhat delusional.

UO in my opinion was very cleverly made; the way items and availability work has successfuly made it so that top end, almost maxed out suits are extremely easy to attain (This was my opinion BEFORE Faction-Arties were released, which has further enhanced this belief).

One would say that everyone having high end suits with similar stats is exactly the same as everyone having average suits, or the same as everyone having no suits what-so-ever. The ONLY time UO has ever been item based was during the release of AoS when it was possible to have 4fc and very few people could manage to exceed 2fc, let alone 3.

Recently I have had a few people disagree with this opinion and so I endeavored to justify myself. About 7 weeks ago I opened a new account (my 3rd), and I vowed to keep that account completely separate from my others, I did not help it at all. Even basics like full spell books, basic LRC suits, weapons, insurance money, PS etc I worked for from scratch on the new account.

it took me roughly 2 1/2 weeks to have 3 characters trained (2 PvM, 1 PvP) with virtually maxed out suits (given that I did use faction arties) and all 120 trained where necessary. This was all achieved through nothing more then hard work and an extensive knowledge of the game.

There are only two reasons that suit quality varies now from the standard;

1. Trams that rely on the wrong arties (e.g Sorcerers suit) and don't realize how much they limit themselves (With the money you would spend on a sorc suit, you could make a suit twice as good).

2. The only really variation in quality/value of suits at the PvP level is Skill Bonuses, which allow more variation and 'gimpation' of templates.

I apologize for so off topic, but this needed to be said!

K

Krrom

Requiring non-consentual PvP to get some items such as Powerscrolls is one of the reasons why this game has a tiny fraction of the players that WoW has. The game still has a ton of potential and I believe its by far the most open ended complex game on the market. However, until we get past the gotta play in 2d, use cheat programs to beat totally unprepared PvP newbs stage we will always have a few ten thousand subscribers.

Flame on...I got Stygian Abyss and you reds didn't. I have to buy powerscrolls I cant get on my own so live with it.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With faction arties and imbuing, items no longer really play a role. Everyone is on the same playing field.

If, even now, you can't get items to be competitive then 'ur doin it wrong'.

C

CandleJack

Anything after T2A ruined the game imho trammel also ruined the game tbh and another problem is to much land people used to fight over something simple now there is so much land almost everywhere is baren

roninaxx

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no the whole reason the game is still even online is trammel, the rampant p.k. and murder /stealing from new players/crafters etc had dropped the members to an unsupportable level then there came tram where people could play a game without bullies forcing they're version of the game on every one else, the champ spawns were created to let the pvp player have a way to make gold( powerscrolls0 since they no longer could kill and loot your armour and put it on thier vendor. Then it was insurance is killing the game, so you still have a second way to make gold, kill the pvm players and collect a bounty, oh its getting too diffuclt to kill tamers nerf them pet slots oh 255 isn't enough stats gimmie items with skill and stat bonus . scripting and you whining 10% have just about ran every casual player off , double resources if fel was because the select few fel is dead give the trammies a reason to come to fel so we can 4 to 1 a miner for his insurance . point blank you want to play fel go play life isn't fair and no you don't always get your way, un happy with change play one of the other ultima's or go to wow. you want to pk fine why I don't go to fel, 7 chars x5 accts only ones over 100 are smith and tailor, won't buy your scrolls won't rez or help the spawn guilds who play in tram, no i don't rp but I play the game I pay for the way I want without whining about fair or discrimation , life try it not fair or always fun but it can be interesting out side your room,.Also this almost a repeat of the whine about samuria empire why wasn't there a toko fel ? most of the players play tram , simple. i agree you want to pk do it just don't expect special treatment for 1 playstyle.

V

Vre13

PK are part of UO. Best part or worst - it depends in which side you are. I'm here since beta test. I remeber MDK raids on cities, when they totaly cleaned cities out of players:), remember Death Jesters, KoC and other legendary PK guilds. It was part of game allways. Its like real life - there are criminals and bad guys too. Thats life. One of best things in UO was former bounty system, which was removed long long time ago. A lot of blue players in groups or solo hunted for "well prized" bad guys to kill them, chop head and bring it to guards. I think it was one of wors ideas in whole UO history to remove bounty system. That was really fun part of game and UO community.

R

RichDC

Fel = UO

It was there from the beginning and will be there to the end, this is coming from a "trammy"

There should have been a fel version of the dungeon, no need to have a seperate area for the spawns, just a seperate dungeon.

I know i would be in the Fel abyss alot more than the trammel one, although its kinda fun in the trammel one. once youve killed all the mobs, whats the point??

More Farming.

Either coins, books or ingredients its all back to farming. Add a bit of Risk in that and it would be more fun! The dungeon is so huge it would imo be difficult for a PK to find all the trammies in the dungeon(although some healers would be needed in the dungeon). Either that or no insurance in the trammel dungeon and your corpse lootable by all when it turns to bones.

M

maroite

First of all this thread should have been named "Gankers are desc riminated against." and all following pvp/pvpers should be replaced with ganking and gankers respectively.

Second, Fel does NOT = UO. Not even a shadowy figment of the image that was UO pre Ren/AoS.

The OP would never have survived in Pre Ren/AoS UO because reds were desc riminated against. If anything, reds are easy mode now. Its a shame, and any red who did play around 1997 knows how lame reds are now.

The only thing this guy wants to do is hit innocent pvp newbs for fun and ple asure. Despite popular belief, this is NOT pvp. Its ganking. PvP is when you fight someone who is actually challenging. AKA Go to Yew, and fight people who actually go there to PvP.

I think its fine that they didn't make a fel ruleset. Why? Because on most shards there are certain guilds who "rule over" fel, and anyone not in their clique gets harassed. Then fel is given bonuses to entice players to go there ie power scrolls and higher resources, and better stats on items that drop) but the only thing this does is give the lording guilds access to better items, more resources, and power scrolls to horde money. It does nothing to entice the general public to play in fel.

In the day, when red meant something, Fel was nice, because going red was a BIG decision. Now, you may as well just remove red and allow people to kill others whenever they want.