• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stupid noob question - Training my pet :)

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I get from first training to next?
I have started training and completed to 100%
I spend the points on resists and strengths and have now 1 point left.
Do I need to "Cancel Training" in order to restart it for next training level?

I have read the guides stickied to the top here, but it doesn't really say what to do when you have applied the points?

1614771875300.png

Thanks in advance

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So here is some more NOOB question to add to yours. Why add to intel, Ninjitsu 120 and Frenzied Whirlwind when almost everybody says just go with Chiv-AI?
Those points could go for more Mana/Hit Points, Stam regen, 120 Tact. I am not saying your build is wrong just trying to understand why some people go with WXYZ and some just stick with the WX build

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Wait with ai until last lvl since it will just drain your pet out of mana, add fww instead so it's start train ninjitsu.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So which is better Chiv/AI or Chiv/AI/Ninjitsu/fww. Which takes down a MOB faster.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
So which is better Chiv/AI or Chiv/AI/Ninjitsu/fww. Which takes down a MOB faster.
I love my Chiv/AI/FWW Triton personally. It deals a lot of damage at any type of event. I've used him for the Roof, Tears of the Ice Dragon, Undead Lords, Blackthornes, and other as well. The AI hits hard on bosses and the FWW hits hard to clean up those random spawns that show up on bosses like the roof. It can heal and cure itself so if I get taken off-screen for a few seconds it will hold up and not die. It's an all around great pet that will work well in a multitude of situations. For Undead Lords it was the only pet that could really handle itself without me constantly healing. I have a FWW/PB Naja (which I also love), but even with poison immunity I was constantly healing and working to keep it alive (this pet has 930 hp). The Triton was a tank.

In the end a Chiv/AI triton will deal more single target damage and survive very well. But the FWW hits will take down a lot of mobs at once and really help keep spawns in check during the roof or other similar encounters.

Downside, it trains incredibly incredibly slow since Chiv and Ninjitsu take forever by themselves, but the build is great.

Now an important note here, the ninjitsu is passive so it does not have both chiv and ninjitsu spells. Just the passive ninjitsu which determines the effectiveness of your FWW.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all your comments - I was talking to a guildy and he said that this particular Triton would be a very good "Tank", so I should build this with Feint. And then find another Triton or a Legacy WW for dps if I needed that.
However I do think that I really like this all rounder with both single and multi target.
Would it be wasted on this Triton? Should I build the tank?

I do have another account with a tamer also, so I guess having a tank on one account and a dps on the other makes sense if I want to "solo" stuff.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks for all your comments - I was talking to a guildy and he said that this particular Triton would be a very good "Tank", so I should build this with Feint. And then find another Triton or a Legacy WW for dps if I needed that.
However I do think that I really like this all rounder with both single and multi target.
Would it be wasted on this Triton? Should I build the tank?

I do have another account with a tamer also, so I guess having a tank on one account and a dps on the other makes sense if I want to "solo" stuff.
So someone suggested you use a 128 wrestling Triton as a Tank?

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Imho that's a classic Chiv/Ai Triton. I'd wait for a higher intensity one to make a Fww/Chiv/Ai build. Just my 2 cents

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imho that's a classic Chiv/Ai Triton. I'd wait for a higher intensity one to make a Fww/Chiv/Ai build. Just my 2 cents
How high should intensity be before going Fww/Chiv/Ai?
This one is 58% and according to CAH calculator, this should be ok for Fww/Chiv/Ai?

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pawain and I disagree on a lot of different pet related issues...

being confused on why someone would say make a 128 wrestle Triton a tank is not one of those times.
So... what is a good base Triton to use for a Feint Tank then? What skills/stats/Intensity would you use for this?
Thanks!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So... what is a good base Triton to use for a Feint Tank then? What skills/stats/Intensity would you use for this?
Thanks!
Opinions will likely vary greatly on this... but for me, Tritons already have a tanky nature imo, so any one of them could be made into that. I am more advocating for any Triton with over 126-127ish Wrestling being a more offensive build, not a defensive one. They max at 130 Wrestling so not taking advantage of the ones close to max is a waste imO (not a fact, just opinion :) )

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Opinions will likely vary greatly on this... but for me, Tritons already have a tanky nature imo, so any one of them could be made into that. I am more advocating for any Triton with over 126-127ish Wrestling being a more offensive build, not a defensive one. They max at 130 Wrestling so not taking advantage of the ones close to max is a waste imO (not a fact, just opinion :) )
Again. Was about to say the same. Tritons are tanky out of the box. If you use GoR or consume they are a super tank.

If the starting strength is 200 plus. You have room for a passive magic also.
I only use feint on the one my archer who can't heal or vet uses.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again. Was about to say the same. Tritons are tanky out of the box. If you use GoR or consume they are a super tank.

If the starting strength is 200 plus. You have room for a passive magic also.
I only use feint on the one my archer who can't heal or vet uses.
I see - very good. Not building a tank then.
I wonder thou how effective the Whirlwind will be... I will be doing Shadowguard mostly and extra mobs spawn on end bosses and some of the other rooms also have multiple mobs. Is it really needed or should I just do the Chiv/AI classic build?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I wonder thou how effective the Whirlwind will be... I will be doing Shadowguard mostly and extra mobs spawn on end bosses and some of the other rooms also have multiple mobs. Is it really needed or should I just do the Chiv/AI classic build?
At 128 Wrestle that FWW will be good to go.

and this is where opinion will vary greatly... a lot will suggest the Chiv/AI build but for Shadowguard? I love my FWW/Goo Triton there. It makes running it solo so much easier.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see - very good. Not building a tank then.
Build this one Like Kylie says. Find one with >200 str and >125 Wrestling, and build an AI/FWW/Chiv. Or just FWW/Chiv.

Many of us like building.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It is addictive. Which is why I constantly watch vs (when it works) for those slot increase tokens. Three tamers across 3 accounts and all of their stables are full :thumbup:

mihali

Sage
Necroing old thead, and a question, since by now many folks may have used the Chiv/AI/FWW spec.
Any last words? Still people using the spec? Any last words/progress/ideas about the spec?
Thanks in advance.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Necroing old thead, and a question, since by now many folks may have used the Chiv/AI/FWW spec.
Any last words? Still people using the spec? Any last words/progress/ideas about the spec?
Thanks in advance.
Build this one Like Kylie says. Find one with >200 str and >125 Wrestling, and build an AI/FWW/Chiv. Or just FWW/Chiv.

mihali

Sage
I did a little testing on TC1 and in game. I suspect it would be best to have 2 specialized Tritons to deal with Energy/Physical Resist Foes. The one for spawning would be FWW+Any other "gathering AoE", like poison breath or goo, etc. I have this one and it works nicely with spawns.
More important question for me though is the below, for highest damage output against one creature in PVM: Is CB useful?
The other one would be for things like Boss type creatures and EM events, and what I am thinking of is CHIV/AI but wonder if I should add conductive blast to diminish the boss energy resist momentarily? Also does CB work well and does it stack fine with EoO and AI? Is it worth it? Or just wasted points? Have people seen some benefit from it? Ty in advance.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did a little testing on TC1 and in game. I suspect it would be best to have 2 specialized Tritons to deal with Energy/Physical Resist Foes. The one for spawning would be FWW+Any other "gathering AoE", like poison breath or goo, etc. I have this one and it works nicely with spawns.
More important question for me though is the below, for highest damage output against one creature in PVM: Is CB useful?
The other one would be for things like Boss type creatures and EM events, and what I am thinking of is CHIV/AI but wonder if I should add conductive blast to diminish the boss energy resist momentarily? Also does CB work well and does it stack fine with EoO and AI? Is it worth it? Or just wasted points? Have people seen some benefit from it? Ty in advance.
AI/Chiv does the most single target damage. CB is fine. Pets turn EoO on and off so often you can not count on that. AI ignores armor so CB does not matter for that. CB makes normal hits do more damage. And more damage from any other energy attacks.

mihali

Sage
Sad that the present state of artificial intelligence of pets does not recognize that EoO is on already. But with CB, sounds that both EoO and Cons Weapon (if the lowest enemy resist is energy indeed) may do more damage, if I understand correctly. Only issue of course would be the very randomness of pets casting these spells. I think I will try the Chiv/AI/CB spec. Triton (a 63% intensity one, and wrestling of 127, dex 187, magic resist of 170) would also save 600 tps for boosting other things (scrolls, stats etc.). I this line of thinking correct? Appreciate info in advance!

I will need to get a 120 chiv scroll should not be too hard.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would make a fine Triton. Also Consecrate on pets just does it for one hit, not on a timer.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
It is addictive. Which is why I constantly watch vs (when it works) for those slot increase tokens. Three tamers across 3 accounts and all of their stables are full :thumbup:
How can you buy slot increase ? I thought it is account thing. I buy directly with sovereign and it gives me no toket. Is it some tokens from past event ?

mihali

Sage
Interesting observation: The above triton, with 127 Wres, 63% intensity and high resist. I tested it in a couple of noob places one the dragon turtle ants (1st level spawn), and sphynx. Chiv is 83, healing 99.6 now. With just Chiv/AI I saw the highest damages and high rate of proc of EoO damages up to 200 on the bugs, high on sphynx also. Then I added Cond. Blast : So it was Chiv/AI/CB. I saw a definite drop in damages max damage to 140-150, and not procing the EoO as much at all. So it looks like a DPS loss. On ants that do not have much of any resists anyways. Interestingly there was a loss of DPS for sphynx also. It looks like adding CB also does not help much since it is one more thing to proc, and takes away from Chiv casts for the pet. The CB lasts extremely shortly, nd there were no dps spikes when that was on at all. So CB as far as I can see looks like not a very good thing to add, esp lasting so extremely shortly, Best for single target DPS is just like you said
use Chiv/AI alone. Lesson learned for me. Also I noticed that Chiv/AI/FWW is less dps than Chiv/AI alone, but not as bad as Chiv/AI/CB. What do you think? Input appreciated.
I think I will train another Triton with just Chiv/AI alone.
Any thoughts on this @Pawain , or is this line of thinking correct? Ty in advance.

Last edited:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you buy slot increase ? I thought it is account thing. I buy directly with sovereign and it gives me no toket. Is it some tokens from past event ?
If I understand this correctly, it is referring to a stable slot increase "token", which you purchase from the UO store. It is account bound, but any character on the account can use it. Each Token adds 3 stable slots up to the maximum. Stable Slot Token.jpg

Last edited: