• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stubby's confession

S

Stubby

I Have played with a lot you wonderful people, and love to be able to chat when playing. I have been playing with some of the younger crowd lately and realized that I am a bit slower and sometimes it is hard to understand my typing if I hurry. I am dyslexic, (I tend to leave whole words out), with ADD, and that combination often slows me down. I also tend to panic when things look bad. For instance, yesterday I was doing a mint with randoms and I was so anxious, I couldn't make it through one of the puzzles and they finished off the supervisor before I could get there.

I am NOT saying you should ever put yourself in jeopardy when playing with me, but yesterday's mint made me realize that it was me that was the cause for the outcome, I did not blame them at all.

So, I just wanted to let you guys know that this is why I seem slower than most when playing.:popcorn: If any of you want to ask me questions, feel free either on this thread or pm, I am willing to share. I spent a lot of time educating the teachers and staff about my daughters Bipolar Disorder when my she was in school. Since I am also bipolar, I had firsthand knowlegde and made it easy for me to explain things.

S

soupandquackers

Well thats pretty mean that the other toons left you:fight:

S

Steveo

Sandi, Anytime you need a mint, DA, Factory, or CGC just let me know and I will help you. I have played with you before and you are not slow. I am sorry they ran off and left you. I am not in any hurry when I do these mints and DAS. I know I cant speak for everyone toon out there but No matter what you need wait for your party before running into the supervisor. All the people I know on this board wait.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know I cant speak for everyone toon out there but No matter what you need wait for your party before running into the supervisor. All the people I know on this board wait.
No toon left behind!

That was pretty mellow for a confession thread. I was afraid I'd read you were an 80 year old man wearing a bikini and eating dog food or something.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was pretty mellow for a confession thread. I was afraid I'd read you were an 80 year old man wearing a bikini and eating dog food or something.
Me too! I've never noticed anything different from your play than with others.
That mint thing is mean, no different than someone new to the mint who has trouble getting through the puzzle. Heck even when I was almost maxed I would fall of the gear room puzzle, and people would spazz. It is good to know though, just in case we have to think Stubby is going crazy on us! But like I said, I've never noticed such craziness from playing with you.

L

Little Sadie

That is terrible that they left you. It shouldn't matter how slow one is. If it looks like someone is lagging, trying to do a puzzle, maze, mint gears, or whatever, I wait. I remember trying to do parts of the mint where I tried and tried and couldn't get it. I was thankful no one left me and they were randoms. Thank goodness everyone puts up with my slow typing because I'm no typest either. Half the time I have words are misspelled. LOL! If you ever need help just let me know.

L

Little Sadie

No toon left behind!

Didn't we have a real good confession in here a while back? Elga? LOL! Now THAT was a pretty cool confession!:popcorn:

S

soupandquackers

Wow trish, wondering whats going on in your head.lol

G

Granjell

Sandi - don't blame yourself for greedy, impatient toons being unwilling to wait for a member of their party. I know, I've been through several mints now with randoms who run ahead and won't wait for someone who has trouble jumping up those *$#% gears, or who falls into the soup a couple of times. I usually start whispering "wait" and if at least one gets the message, the others aren't normally brave enough to start the final battle with just two. If it's a random, I always tell the others wait and don't proceed without the one having trouble.

I've battled with you a lot, I think, and you are a GOOD player! Keep telling yourself that, and go ahead and blame the idiots for making you have a bad day.

M

MissPoodledoodle

Aww, Stubby your not slow!! That is mean of those toons to do that to you. Now as for me, I'm a really slow typer. lol. No toon should ever be left behind. :sad2:

S

Sheriff Tricky

As a certified special ed. teacher, I have seen what you are talking about Sandi. As far as I have noticed, I have noticed NOTHING! It was just plain rude for those toons to leave you, whatever the reasons.

Elga needs to repost the youtube video so people can know (since it is not on this board - or at least I don't think it is).

F

Flippers

Hey I understand fluent typonese. Thats certainly not enough to leave you but hey I'm not young.

Smusher is CGC-less. When I started 2 weeks late with boss because of compatibility, there was still a window where people needed close to the same thing. Now it's a chasm and we can never sync up.

Iron Ham should be doing his JNs. He's supposed to be my Law hero. If you want to pig up, lemme know!

Grumble XD grumble...

L

Lady Glow

How many times must I tell you, this game has improved your reflexes and reactions and attention span tremendously. I've been watching you play for months now and I agree with everyone else, you are not slow. Stop being so hard on yourself.

As for others leaving you behind, you already know how I feel. Don't let toons like that damper your spirits, you play WAY better than I ever did. I just wish I had the attention span to play with you.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

Stubby,

Don't sweat the small stuff. I can speak from personal experience. There have been a few conversations I have been in where I got confused and lost track of what was going on. You see when I type I have to look at the key's. If not it would look like a toddler was typing. So by the time I look up from a long speech I usually miss something. So like I said "Don't sweat the small stuff!". Just wing it. Most times the other person gets just as confused which brings me to tears laughing:lol:.

About the Falling behind thing. The first time I went into a mint I didn't know my butt from a hole in the ground. Luckily the people I went in with were nice enough to wait while I played MEXICAN JUMPING BEAN on the rotating cog gears. Then they waited again while I tried to jump around and around the room to get to the next level. After a few attempts one asked "have you been here before?' Great little mouse. I wish I could remember her name. when I said no she showed me the thru the wall book trick. I have since been thru there with some newer toons and have enjoyed helping them their first time. I am an avid believer that NO TOONS LEFT BEHIND is the TT meant for the game to be played.

I would go thru any obstical, building, mint, or whatever if you ever need me too. I got nothing but time when I play.

WOW I type too much for a guy that can't type lol.:lol:

W

Winky2008

Ugly really is a TT addict. He plays way too much. I just got your sf codes and put them in my list. I am Winky - purplish- multi colored rabbit, Laff 64 (as of today) working on my last gag track ( will be drop ) and trying to build up my gags. It just takes me forever. Ugly is home most of the day so he plays more often then I do. I myself can't take sitting there as long as he does. I'll be around somewhere. And don't worry about the dislexic thing. Sometimes I wonder about myself.

W

Winky

If it means anything at all I too suffer from Bipolar Disorder

S

Stubby

Thanks Winky for saying that. Are you the little mouse I fought with at the VP Sunday night? You went sad during the second round. Not a lot of people will admit to it. When my daughter was diagnosed at age 11, almost 10 years ago, nobody really know much about it. Most doctors did not even know that kids could be diagnosed with it. The old fashioned doctors that she saw during different trips to the hospital refused to beleive she was bipolar. I researched extensively and realized that she had symptoms since she was about 5 years old. She is almost 21 and not taking meds anymore and is relatively stable.

Mine is under control as much as it can be, with taking several medications. I have been on disability for almost 4 years because of it. I lost a job I was really good at and enjoyed and was at for 8 years. :popcorn:

W

Winky

Yes I was the mouse that went sad, but Trish got a revenge run going for me and we got proffessor pete. :)

I suffer from early-onset Bipolar (Im 14) and a case of Social Phobia, I understand being disabilitated I havent been to school in 2 years its so bad for me but we live and learn I guess.

Glad to know im not the only person with Bipolar, kinda obvious but it feels good anyways.

P

Pinky Pepperpow

Kudo's to you for your honesty and humbleness hon. BTW, I've never noticed anything...maybe cuz I'm older and slower too...LOL! As for the bad toons that left ya...well that would never ever happen with me. You go in as a team and you come out as a team....alway's help a fellow toon even if they're a noob!

Also hon, I'm sure that you're not the only one here diagnosed with a disorder. Hey makes ya interesting I say! After all, we must all have some issues since we're totally addicted to a kids game and playing it half or our waking moments.

TT and other gaming is a great escape from reality. You can't get hurt, die or go to jail for playing. You meet some honest good people and sometimes it feels safe to have online friends.

You are very brave to be so honest and open and I think absolutely nothing negative about your conditions. I have my own issues too!

Squishy Hugs,

S

Stubby

Yes I was the mouse that went sad, but Trish got a revenge run going for me and we got proffessor pete. :)

I suffer from early-onset Bipolar (Im 14) and a case of Social Phobia, I understand being disabilitated I havent been to school in 2 years its so bad for me but we live and learn I guess.

Glad to know im not the only person with Bipolar, kinda obvious but it feels good anyways.
You are brave to put this out there in public. I have been in your parents shoes, as my daughter, Vicki, started acting out at age 6 or 7. By the time she was 10 she was out of control and it took a year to diagnose Bipolar for her. Another two years of trying to balance medications for all her different ailments, including OCD which was out of control, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, NO Impulse control whatsoever, Panic Disorder, several phobias, and anxieties. She was medically released from school at 15 by her doctor. They said she had 'school phobia'. Her explosive rages were awful. She was bigger than me and her dad when she started to beat me up pretty good several times, she nearly killed our dogs, and even broke some of her Dads ribs. She began shoplifting, vandalizing, compulsive lying, the list goes on and on. We had to have her arrested several times. She was 11 years old and I watched her being tackled to the floor by the police, handcuffed behind her back, and taken away in the police car. I thought I would die as I watched it happen. Long story short, they had to take her to the ER, where they called us and we decided to put her in psychiatric hospital as opposed to jail. She is 20 now and doing very well, off her medications and the mood swings for her are no longer the ultra rapid type and they are manageable.

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

You are brave to put this out there in public. I have been in your parents shoes, as my daughter, Vicki, started acting out at age 6 or 7. By the time she was 10 she was out of control and it took a year to diagnose Bipolar for her. Another two years of trying to balance medications for all her different ailments, including OCD which was out of control, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, NO Impulse control whatsoever, Panic Disorder, several phobias, and anxieties. She was medically released from school at 15 by her doctor. They said she had 'school phobia'. Her explosive rages were awful. She was bigger than me and her dad when she started to beat me up pretty good several times, she nearly killed our dogs, and even broke some of her Dads ribs. She began shoplifting, vandalizing, compulsive lying, the list goes on and on. We had to have her arrested several times. She was 11 years old and I watched her being tackled to the floor by the police, handcuffed behind her back, and taken away in the police car. I thought I would die as I watched it happen. Long story short, they had to take her to the ER, where they called us and we decided to put her in psychiatric hospital as opposed to jail. She is 20 now and doing very well, off her medications and the mood swings for her are no longer the ultra rapid type and they are manageable.
That is amazing. I can't even begin to think how I would react if this had happen to me. It takes a very stong person to stand up and do the things you did and come out and tell people about it. Outstanding. You are truly a strong and wonderful person. It's my pleasure knowing you.

E

Electroflap

Wow! this is so interesting to find people that are similar to me.. I suffer from a few mental disorders as well.. a mix between anixiety and social disorders.. I am in a long wait for disability and cant work cause I am afraid to be out in public.. Toontown has been very soothing for me.. it allows me to have a social life again while also feeling safe.. Some people around town think of me to be foolish and not understand any of my problems or my strong connection to toontown because of it.. I am so glad to see that I am not the only adult that loves interacting with other toons!! I am so glad you posted this thread!

S

Stubby

Thanks Joe for saying that, but I tell it because I feel its important to educate people about it. My oldest brother and his wife did not understand. They never had any health issues to deal with. They kept telling me it was my fault and Vicki needed more discipline. It wasn't until my own suicide attempt that they began to question their belief. After I lost my job and went on disability, my sister in law asked my mom what it was like for me and there happened to be a commercial on the tv where the lady is sitting at the end of a conference table in a meeting and her thoughts kept switching as if it were a tv changing channels that she couldn't control. Of course, that's only a small part of it, but it gave my sister in law something she could think about and grasp. My daughter and I feel very strongly that people don't take mental illness seriously. Many feel it is not a 'physical' problem. It is very much a physical problem and I was all over the petitions to sign for a parity law for mental health coverage. It did pass and now insurance companies must cover mental illness just like any illness.

With people out there like Tom Cruise and others that practice his whatever it is, they hamper everything us REAL people are trying to do. But that is a whole different thing, I won't get started on that. I could rant for hours.

Anyways, bottom line is that people need to be aware of these things and the fact that people who are mentally ill aren't running around screaming with half of their hair pulled out, peeing on themselves and doing crazy stuff. For most of us, it adds lots of challenges to those of us that are afflicted.

I am currently at a point where I am taking as much medicine as my doctor will allow. Which means that there are aspects of this illness that I have to deal with no matter what. They want to start me on a drug that they give Alzheimer's patients, but decided that it would be too much and that my memory 'blackouts' aren't detrimental to my health. My doctor has threatened to suspend my drivers license, but we only have one car and my husband and daughter assured him that I drive very little now. Besides, I am in walking distance of almost every thing I need.

Well, sorry I got so long winded. Its way past my bedtime! Feel free to ask me anything about me or my daughters medical stuff, I am an open book!
Take Care - Sandi