• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Strongest humanoid?

S

Splup

What is the strongest humanoid that can be Dryad Allurered in this game?

Ogre Lord?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
or arctic ogre lord also there are meer eternals and such but i find ogre lords or arctics most usefull as meat shields as they have high hps

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're fighting fire based creatures, the ogre lord.

If you're fighting anything that poisons (including mages), the arctic ogre lord

If you want a fun friend that will kill itself, the Meer Eternal (really, they do! If they don't kill you first)

Orc Brutes aren't that bad either (but don't hold up to the ogre lord test)

If you have a different tank, you could do a lot worse than titans.

But just to be safe, go with the frosty ogre lord every time.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or if you have something else to tank (or if you are the tank), there's also the meer captain. Ranged attack and has chivalry, will also run around like air elementals to avoid melee combat.

Low HP though...

But normally, I go with Artic ogre lords too. Even though they take more damage from fireball, explosion and flamestrikes, I can just cast G Heal, without worrying about them being poisoned and needing to cure them first. I hate it when they get re-poisoned after I cure them and have started on casting my G Heal...

R

RichDC

~You all forgot about Chiikkaha the Toothed, a basically paragon ratman mage! Around the same HP as an Artic ogre lord and will dump 200+mana in seconds!

Youve all fought those mages at spawns, imagine controlling one!

R

RichDC

Yep, and the named ettin down there as well, wouldnt suggest that ettin though, about the same hp as an arctic but you cant beat the 120+magic resist in that comparison.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just tried to charm both Chikkaha the Toothed and Moug Guur and got the message in both cases, "You can't charm that."

Are you saying you can charm them?

R

RichDC

Yea i have done it before, i noticed on uoguide it mentioned you could...went to test it and got it(the mage didnt bother with the ettin)