• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Streamer Spotlight: Veetus

Stratics News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran

Name: Veetus
Channel: Twitch.tv/veetus
General Streaming Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday evenings in the West Coast NA timezone
Main Focus: Everything! But any type of PvP is my favorite content to stream.

How did you get into streaming? How long have you been an Albion streamer?
I have been a Twitch viewer for a little over 11 years now. Ever since then, I have always been intrigued by playing games with an interactive chat by my side. I started streaming about 5 years ago. Once I found Albion in March of 2017, I knew this was going to be my game of choice to focus on streaming.

How is streaming Albion different from streaming other games?
It’s mostly different because you have a lot of things that you cannot show or broadcast. Certain communication audio, in-game text chat, and your zone location. I mean, you certainly can broadcast these things, but it enables the viewer to attempt to “stream snipe” you and that can get tiresome after a while.

What is your general approach to streaming? Do you plan out activities in advance, or head out into the world and see what happens?
I sometimes log in prior to going live, and see what activity is happening within my guild/alliance. If I can get on a Hellgate team, or a fame farm or gank/dungeon dive group – I will usually go live as soon as I can get in those groups. I prefer group-oriented content to stream. I will often not stream solo content.

Do you have a favorite stream, or a favorite moment you can share from one of your streams?
This is a hard one! Losing my first battlemount was a big one. I am so glad it was captured on stream. My face alone when you see my reaction hopefully conveys my heart rate was very high. I wish I had a heart rate monitor for my viewers to see during that time, because I felt like I was having a heart attack. What a moment!

Any ideas of new content for future streams?
I would like to get more into GvGing. I love the content so much as it gets my heart pumping! I foresee myself doing more 5v5 content (HGs, Scrims, GvGs) now with the item caps making it easier to form teams and get out there and have fun.

Do you have any advice or tips for other players who are considering being Albion streamers?
To any and all interested in streaming Albion – please do! It’s a unique game, an even more unique game to stream. Do not get discouraged by the stream snipers. It will happen. You will die. You will lose loot. Sometimes it can feel worse knowing that you’re losing precious loot in front of viewers. But look at it from the perspective of it being CONTENT. Losing loot in Albion is a beautiful thing – it’s what makes the economy stay in check and it usually gets people’s adrenaline and heart pumping during their final moments of death.

In short, I would say: stream a lot, stream often, and it’s OK to die. Try to have fun with all of it.

Anything else to add?
I have been streaming for a long time now, and playing Albion for almost 2 years. I am no expert nor professional, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to reach out to me on stream, in-game, on discord (Veetus#6591) or any of my other social media outlets. I do plan on someday creating a “How to stream Albion” guide of some kind - showing overlays + OpSec techniques.

Can you share some of your favorite clips with us? Doing a BAD job of opsec - meant to say this muted and didn’t:
twitch.tv/veetus/clip/CallousDignifiedGarageNotATK

Damage on the choke:
twitch.tv/veetus/clip/EsteemedBlazingLasagnaM4xHeh

Spider terrified me mid stream:
twitch.tv/veetus/clip/EnjoyablePlayfulRaisinCclamChamp

Raging after we got megawiped:
twitch.tv/veetus/clip/QuaintCuteRhinocerosUnSane

Ganked by spider again:
twitch.tv/veetus/clip/CrunchyDreamyHyenaBrainSlug

Getting our ONLY kill at the end of a Crystal GvG - BIG HYPE moment:
twitch.tv/veetus/clip/HomelyTolerantShinglePMSTwin

Accidentally left the guild: