• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

stratics wiki

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Nexus so I have been trying to post an animal lore reading to the stratics wiki but all I keep getting is an error message after filling in the form.

Firstly the wiki wouldn't recognise this stratics account and kept saying it didn't have an email address associated with it, which it does, as I have it written down and it hasn't changed in yrs, but wouldn't send me a password reset due to that. Even though I also know the password for this Stratics account.

So I made a new Stratics account for the wiki, All good logged in finally went to submit the lore report and got the error message whenever trying to submit so I guess it is broken for submitting lore results?

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
can you please get with @BrianFreud about the error message?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I'm not sure what error you were getting, but the edit did take. Looks like you were adding a reading to the Dragon Wolf? Revision history of "UO:Dragon Wolf" - Stratics Community Wiki

EDIT: I think I might know what you saw, and thought was an error. The old way you purged a page (ie, forced it to update, which I need to do to update with the new lore results), MediaWiki now sends you to a "are you sure" page which I had it set to auto-click "yes". There's a way to bypass the need for that confrmation; I just made a few small changes to the code to do just that, so you shouldn't see that intermediate page now when you submit a lore result.

You may have to force your browser to update the cached javascript that's stored locally in your browser for the wiki before you see the change. In Chrome or Firefox, go to any wikipage, then press CTRL + F5 to do a forced cache refresh page reload. :)

Last edited:

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was a dragon wolf and the 'error' happened and appeared on screen as soon as I hit the submit button. It said upon hitting submit "an error has occurred on this page please try again later" right next to the submit button, it was not an 'are you sure page' but a direct error message. I put in the info again and got the same message. Not like i haven't done a few of these. I will see what happens next time and copy screen shot if it happens again.

Still have no idea why it wouldn't let me edit as MissEcho, I was logged into stratics, my email on this account has never changed nor the password. It wouldn't accept either so I created a new account called MissE.

You back now @BrianFreud ?

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Somewhat, at least, though my free time is near nonexistent, lol.

The old wiki logged you in via the old stratics login. When stratics was upgraded recently, we had to "detach" the wiki - the software to bridge the two systems hasn't been (and likely won't be). updated to handle the new version of xenforo. Most won't see much difference, but for those who had ever edited they old wiki, like you, your old account still exists, but needs @Nexus to do an account reset for the new wiki so you can log in there.

Not sure What was triggering that error, but my best guess is, if you were trying to submit an edit before. Logging in the new account, It was denying the edit because you weren't logged in. (That wouldn't have happened at the old Wiki, because you have always already been logged in via the bridge to the main stratics site.)