• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics team.....over a month now

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whens the old forum returning?? It's been well over a month now.
I'm not saying what you got going on now isn't too bad, but there's alot of valuable data we can't retrieve.

M

Moby Grape

Yeah, what she said!

This suits me fine, eyes only cross half the time, in the navigation of these fourms.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I miss from the old boards is the rich history of information.

Though, if we were to go back to the old forums and abandon this one, we'd lose all the info from this one.

Tough decision I bet!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I beleive we are sticking with these forums and slowly integrating the old info into these ones.

I do like these ones, they are growing on me, just need to figure out a few new things and hopefully I will be able to post news ONCE and not TWICE very soon *laughs* but yeah I think that's the plan...I know that's posted somewhere around here...I gotta find it.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to find the professions forums rich with valuable insight as to skill gains and a various assortment of templates to look over.....that's the data I miss.

I can't see much of a difference in forum layouts myself.....

To much info is getting purged regardless.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This forums software is lightyears better than the old forums software, but I definitely do miss all the great info on the old ones.

G

Gallahan

We've been working very hard on migrating the old content in to these boards. That's a very laborious process and it's done mostly in the background but when we are ready (very soon) you'll log-in and all the posts from the old boards will be here.

T

timbeOFbaja

It was a miiiiiiiiiighty strange coincidence that the forums got "overwritten" by a careless data center staff right after a widespread SQL injection attack was going on. I read about those attacks and wondering which of the forums I visited would get hit by them. Then the Stratics forum is down and I'm like "Hmmmmmmmmm." Then, days later, we get this weird excuse about a data center employee overwriting it and the backups which had been outsourced weren't actually being done. :bs: They send the hard drive to be recovered, but they also said the server was running like six hard drives, so that probably means raid 10, and to access those drives the recovery place would need multiple drives. At any rate, the data would be back by now if it were being recovered. If it was deleted, it won't be back ever.

It's alright, I wouldn't admit to my code having been hacked either. :stir:

--------edit---------

Sigh. There goes my conspiracy theory. :(

G

Gallahan

The server actually had eight drives in a RAID 10 but your theory is still wrong :p

The actual recovery of the data (i.e. us getting raw data back from the recovery firm) was done many weeks ago. However, taking the data as it is recovered (just a giant pile of raw data) and then a) migrating it in to VBB from UBB and b) merging it with the posts and other data generated by the temp forums is an extremely painstaking task.

Also, while it'll be nice to have the history of the forums back, it's less emergent than say recovering a lost weapons database for a game or something where there can't be any thing "temporary" -- that DB isn't there until it's set back up off the recovered data. Those situations were treated as more critical.

You'll see the old posts back here shortly :)

T

T_Amon_from_work

The only thing I miss from the old boards is the rich history of information.

Though, if we were to go back to the old forums and abandon this one, we'd lose all the info from this one.

Tough decision I bet!
What I understand is this ... these formats are staying. What's taking the time is to prepare and test out merger of recovered old data into this format. And remember, we (UO-land) are not the only game Stratics supports!

As an IT person with >30 years doing conversions and format changes, I guarantee it ain't no walk in the park. Plus Admins and Staff (mainly volunteers)and the good techie folkses are all learning new abilities and software while trying to keep the rebuild in progress.

Not excuses but just one persons opinion based on his RL life experience. I know no more than this that I can share. Sorry.

C

Cinnamon

I mostly miss my paid stratics plus perks, like not seeing ads, among other things.

I do like the new format though.

J

Joyous2K

I mostly miss my paid stratics plus perks, like not seeing ads, among other things.

I do like the new format though.
I don't see ads and I am not + but they added some irritating thing to the left of the screen now. Some link to other pages or something. That should go. It knocks everything off center and I just minimize it anyway.

T

Tazar

I don't see ads and I am not + but they added some irritating thing to the left of the screen now. Some link to other pages or something. That should go. It knocks everything off center and I just minimize it anyway.
There are many programs (and other browsers) that will block the ads.

Regarding the links on the left. There needs to be a way to flip between forums for those that play multiple games. or moderate for different stratics forums. For those who did not notice, this menu can be minimized with the small blue arrow icon at the top left of the new forum directory.

C

Cydon_S|A

When will you return the section that are missing from this the general guild forums are missing and recieved loads of input.... they are not even available in this format.... get off the dime guys... either fix whats broken or at the minimum put all of the parts so cross shard guilds can communicate.....:(

K

Kiminality

When will you return the section that are missing from this the general guild forums are missing and recieved loads of input.... they are not even available in this format.... get off the dime guys... either fix whats broken or at the minimum put all of the parts so cross shard guilds can communicate.....:(
Yes, because the volunteers are just not earning their salaries.

Learn some patience, people!
There is no "make it right" button.