• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Stratics Reporters

T

Trinsauce

Do we even have any on Sonoma anymore???

We have people using General Chat to "report" the outcomes of pvp fights... and they tend to be sooo far from the truth it's rediculous... I know a lot of people on these boards don't care about pvp or pvpers for that matter... How bout we get a reporter that wouldn't mind watching these battles where one guild calls out another guild... get some truth to the fight for once... Maybe it would eliminate the use and abuse of General Chat???

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Exmortis is the shard news manager, but I've an idea spending his time as a spectator at pvp fights might not be his idea of fun. He does pay to play the game after all, the same as the rest of us.

T

Trinsauce

So we have one shard reporter??? I'm not asking for someone to be at ALL pvp fights... I'm simply asking if someone would be willing to report on some of these fights... It'd be interesting to have a good pen follow and watch these fights... dead or alive and report on them with screenshots... As it stands now all the "reporting" is solely of events in tram... There is a whole other side of Sonoma that is never seen, and I know a lot of non pvpers would love to see that other side...

We tend to have a lot of 2 hour action packed fights... I honestly think a reporter that can get in there and watch a fight and dish out a great story would draw some more interest to this dead shard forum... Juss my 2 cents... Take a look around... even the pvp thread is dead now... as it stands now it's juss 2 sides saying the same thing... an outside observation would freshen things up... juss an idea...

I am sure we could get both sides working together to not kill said reporter... at least not on purpose... Could even build this person a suit with HPR and HP inc so he/she can stay a live longer and withstand the occasional EQ or area effect spell that may hit him/her while in there getting pictures... If we can get one let me know and I will speak with COP and get this going... I think it would be fun...

Hera75

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ex and I had a long conversation on this at one point. He found the idea interesting, but I think has been tied up with rl lately. I even told him wouldn't mind going out and taking screen shots for him, but I am definitely not a writer of any kind, I have enough dreaded college papers to write. I like the idea, for two reasons; one its a field fight and its against guilds who either a. learned to work together or b. learned to run and hide together and two, it will kind of ease the endless talking in circles that goes on in global. One minute its We killed all your people there were only 4 of us to your 12...with a reply no we had 4 you had 12 and we are alive and you are dead. Even when you guys do post pictures, its oh thats 6 months old soandso hasn't even logged on in months. I will try to get with Ex and see if he still has other reporters. I know at one time there were like 3 of them with him.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This has been tried many times in the past. At first the PvPers leave the reporters alone and let them take their picture and write their stories but after probably not even a week one guild gets mad at the reporter for writing about how that guild lost and who died and ends up killing the reporter on site. Thats like a disease once one guild does it everyone follows and the reporter gives up.

No one can guarantee a reporters safety as others may not agree with what that reporter is posting.

Now as long as a reporter doesnt mind being kill its not a big deal but its not fun running around as a ghost because the people you are trying to help get some story time killed you.

Just my 2 cents.

T

Trinsauce

Well as Co-GM of Waka, whoever wants to report will have my word that Waka will not purposely kill that reporter... It may accidentally happen if he/she is on screen when an area effect spell hits said reporter... But as I said I will supply the HP regen/HP Inc suit for said reporter... That should assist in his/her survivability... Ninjitsu/hiding/stealth will help greatly as well as said reporter can go into dog form (which adds another 20 HP's) and access to pots with EP jewels for his survival...

I am offering this because well, A) This board could use something cause it is completely dead. B) I am sick and tired of the constant BS that is spewed in Gen Chat.

But as I said if someone will agree to report for those people that enjoy reading about fel activities (we've been getting great fights. We're talking 2 hour long fights) I will ensure that my guild will not purposely take out the reporter... I hope we can get the same from COP... They all say they're mature so we shall see...

L

Lord Exmortis

I am on a hiatus for the summer and I lost both reporters a couple of months ago...I hope to be active again within a month with news.