• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics Regains Independence, Schedules Major Rennovations

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

The Stratics staff is pleased to announce that, following three years of external ownership, the publication of Stratics has returned to the people who care about her most--Stratics volunteers. The Stratics brand, properties, and assets have been acquired by Valour Corp, a company run by two of Stratics' own, Taylor and AirmidCecht.

This transition empowers Stratics in a number of new ways. First, Stratics is now able to provide more professional technical support. Our new Technical Director, Shamus Turlough, and our technical support consultant, MadMartyr, have already begun fixing many of the bugs that have plagued Stratics' forums and portals. Moreover, Shamus has transitioned Stratics to a new host that, according to initial speed tests, is allowing Stratics Forums to operate nearly 21 times faster than was previously possible.

Secondly, Stratics.com is being prepared for a complete, professional relaunch. Valour Corp is using its team of professional designers, developers, and artists to modernize and optimize Stratics.com and associated portals. (Note: UO Stratics will not be redesigned, but its database function will eventually be similarly modernized and optimized). The tentative timeline for the Stratics.com relaunch is August 2013.

Third, for the first time in its history, Stratics is now able to incentivize all content creation. While Stratics' directors will continue to lead the network as volunteers, we have advertised a number of paying, part-time roles for staff writers, editorial assistants, and others at http://stratics.com/jobs. If you are interested in joining the Stratics family, consider applying for one of these roles.

Senior management positions are also available to qualified applicants. In particular, Stratics is recruiting an Editor-in-Chief/VP of Publishing to lead all publishing activities in our network. This person will be responsible for returning Stratics to its publishing roots: operating as chiefly a fansite, powered by volunteers, publishing news, strategy, and statistics. Moreover, we are recruiting a part-time Chief of Staff/VP of Human Capital to design a year-long professionalization program for aspiring industry professionals, who upon graduation, will receive job placement assistance through Valour Corp. These roles represent two of three senior leadership roles at Stratics. The primary job qualifications are vision, ambition, and resourcefulness. Both roles are incentivized.

These are only a few of the groundbreaking changes in store for Stratics as she approaches her 16th year in operation. With the assurance of self-ownership and the availability of improved support, Stratics is poised to reclaim its position of leadership as a community of gamers and publisher of fansite news, strategy, and statistics.

Last edited:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Outstanding! but I noticed that the job of Lead Cookie Inspector, is suspiciously missing!!
That's because all involved have forsworn cookies until they have their super secret projects completed.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I started volunteering at Stratics in 2009 as a UO reporter, using the pen name Fallon Valor. In 2010, as Syrus, I became a moderator for UHall OT and SNR, then an assistant forum admin, then Director of Content, and eventually Director of Operations by 2012. Approaching my fourth consecutive year as a volunteer. :)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I started volunteering at Stratics in 2009 as a UO reporter, using the pen name Fallon Valor. In 2010, as Syrus, I became a moderator for UHall OT and SNR, then an assistant forum admin, then Director of Content, and eventually Director of Operations by 2012. Approaching my fourth consecutive year as a volunteer. :)
Noob!

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am glad Stratics is independent again. Things were looking pretty bleak for a while there.

Thank you, JC :)

We have some nice goals that will take time but what is most important to us is recognizing what Stratics means to all the volunteers who put so much energy into something we enjoy. We don't want to be at risk of ever losing that again.

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only thing I ask is to please, please, please keep our Stratics sign up dates. LOL

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're done. The transition is complete. What you have now is what you will have going forward. What remains is a graphical and functional redesign of the portal. No data should be altered for that.