• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics Interview with Sunrunner and Radiant Players

B

BadgerSmaker

RADIANT​

Q1. How long have you been playing on this server?

Radiant.schera

I have been playing on radiant for almost a yr now.​

Radiant.dagdar

539 days​

Radiant.'nicholas

about 2 years​

Radiant.illithia

With this toon 7 months​

Radiant.mys

SINCE I WAS FORCED TO MOVE FROM VALCYN, ON THE LAST DAY, WHERE I PLAYED SINCE DECEMBER OF 2003.​

Radiant.isaikk

About a year or so.​

Radiant.jo'kat

how ever long it was from the last free transfer was.​

Radiant.magnon

Since late March 2010 (my account was originally on Europe-Infinity)​

Radiant.mumat

7 years​

Radiant.clarity

I've been on this server since the free transfers. I left Valcyn to play here. :/​

s32ndDamian

Since launch day​

ComicsGuy

Since Day One, though I was also in Beta 2.​

WolfeTCK

i started on valcyn, was here day 1 of the free transfers​

Sroba

Since the first round of FCTS​

swg-Alpha

Since the first day of FCTS, I came over from Valcyn with a majority of our server.​

LadySerin

4 years​

WarlordATF

4 Years as of December 21st.​

Q2. What made you choose this server to play on?

Radiant.schera

I noticed on sunrunner that the population was declining rapidly so i made toons on some other servers to do some investigating.​

Radiant.dagdar

This server was recomended to me at character creation, which is silly because im from the uk, maybe there should be a ping check before a server is recomended. Also sending new players to low population servers is not a good move in my opinion.​

Radiant.'nicholas

use to play on starsider and the population was too much so we moved to a different server scouted them and and this one seemed to be the best mix of people and population was good then​

Radiant.illithia

Because my other 3 Toons are on this Server​

Radiant.mys

SOME GUILD MEMBERS HAD MOVED HERE.​

Radiant.isaikk

It was 'recommended' since it had low population which I didn't know was pretty much dead and not doing anything.​

Radiant.jo'kat

I moved with my guild UNK from valcyn, at that point radiant had a pretty good population​

Radiant.magnon

I needed a light traffic server with an older, slower laptop PC, and I liked the name​

Radiant.mumat

I was a member of the valcyn comunaty untill the free cts and as a grop most of our server decided on raidant for several reasons pvp comunaty ect i my self came for space comunaty adn space pvp​

Radiant.clarity

Had the most friendly people, at first and it had room to grow...we added to an already "active" community. It seemed like a good fit.​

s32ndDamian

The game chose for me, I beta tested on Bria and wanted that one but the game chose Radiant and I was kind of tired that day.​

ComicsGuy

My friend Yod and I met a nice group of players, led by Steelheart, on the Beta server, who invited us to join their guild Syn'di'cate on Radiant.​

WolfeTCK

it was mostly a valcyn decision to almost all come here together​

Sroba

Most of my friends came here.​

swg-Alpha

My guild made a collective agreement to come here. The economy, small server feel, active recruiting from Radiant all contributed to my decision.​

LadySerin

It was a high population recommended server on the char creation thingy..fate brought me here.​

WarlordATF

It was recomended by the launcher.​

Q3. Do you play on this server with the majority of your SWG gaming time or are there other characters that you play on other servers?

Radiant.schera

This is the only server i play on now. I do have toons in the test center but they are mostly neglected.​

Radiant.dagdar

Yes this is the only server i play on.​

Radiant.'nicholas

nope this is my main server​

Radiant.illithia

All my toons are on Radiant, i have none elsewhere​

Radiant.mys

THE VAST MAJORITY OF MY PLAYING TIME IS SPENT HERE ON RADIANT.​

Radiant.isaikk

Yes I do play here since I have both of my combat toons here and I don't want to spend time leveling another combat toon or paying 25$
for transfer.

Radiant.jo'kat

i have 4 toons that i play mainly on this server(radiant) i have a few other toons made but strictly to see what the other servers are like. 99.98% of the time i play on radiant.

Radiant.magnon

I play the majority of my time on Radiant withmy mains, but I do have characters on 3 other servers​

Radiant.mumat

I play exclusively on this server

Radiant.clarity

I play 2 other toons on a regular basis on the Bloodfin server. I grinded alternate toons when the population started dying on Radiant, for a more active pvp community. I would say my game time is about equally spent here vs there. I usually play where ever I have more active "friends" online. I also have toons on other servers but they are mostly scout toons. I don't like to divide up my time too much.​

s32ndDamian

I just started moving toons to another server and now split time.​

ComicsGuy

99.9% of my playtime has been on Radiant.​

WolfeTCK

probably like 98% of my time is spent on radiant, the 2% is spenting server hopping checking out other servers bazaars​

Sroba

I go afk on this server the majority of the time​

swg-Alpha

I do not play on other servers. Radiant is "home"​

LadySerin

yup​

WarlordATF

Full Time on Radiant.​

Q4. What keeps you playing on this server?

Radiant.schera

I found a great guild composed of ppl who are mostly adults and a fun group to be around so got rid of all the other toons.​

Radiant.dagdar

I dont play much anymore because the server is dead, i like to pvp and pvp is rare on this server due alot to low population. I only log in to keep in touch with friends but my sub runs out in roughly 13 days and i may not resub if free tranfers dont get anounced soon as my friends are in the proccess of leaving this server.​

Radiant.'nicholas

nothing i still log in everyday​

Radiant.illithia

Friends and despite it being very small there is a great atmousphere and loyalty amongst groups​

Radiant.mys

MY GUILD MEMBERS​

Radiant.isaikk

Nothing really. Want to get out of here asap. Server is dead.

Radiant.jo'kat

waiting for a free transfer. i have a lot of items and houses decorated on my toons and starting anew would feel like i wasted the 4+ years on these toons for nothing.​

Radiant.magnon

I have friends here...I may not be able to play on high traffic servers because of my slower PC, and it costs money to transfer. If I had plenty of money I'd get a faster PC​

Radiant.mumat

Most of all my friends playing swg are on this server. my space comunaty and space pvp is here. I could go and play space pvp on star sider but I have my friends here and do not see a reaso to add to starsiders over crowding isues​

Radiant.clarity

Just old friends. As long as they're here I am here and when they're not online I play on my alternate server.​

s32ndDamian

No free transfer​

ComicsGuy

Inertia, momentum, and a fear of the unknown.​

WolfeTCK

my guild​

Sroba

My little group of friends.​

swg-Alpha

Self sufficient, lots of toons, great friends​

LadySerin

Emotional attachments..like a bad boyfriend I keep getting sucked in​

WarlordATF

Its home to me.​

Q5. How do you feel about the population level on this sever?

Radiant.schera

I wish there were more pple on this server for sure, it would make things more interesting (=.​

Radiant.dagdar

Radiant server population is very low and the lower it gets the more people leave its like a snow ball effect and i believe radiant is past the point of no return.​

Radiant.'nicholas

i think the population is very low alot of people have transfered or stoped playing​

Radiant.illithia

So many people have left recently to go to other bigger servers as they feel Radiant is dying, its very sad to see what was once a good and vibrant community almost dead​

Radiant.mys

WHAT POPULATION? I THOUGHT MY SMALL GUILD WAS THE ONLY PLAYERS HERE.​

Radiant.isaikk

Pretty much dead. No BFs or any pvp most of the time.​

Radiant.jo'kat

at this time it feels like it is lower then the server we left to come here.​

Radiant.magnon

Even though I like it slower, Radiant hardly has anyone...it's actually kind of boring​

Radiant.mumat

I am very conserned as the comunaty is shinking via transfers to other servers and some cancling accounts. having ben through this on valcyn I do not care for the trend i see.​

Radiant.clarity

The population on this server depresses me. I miss all the ppl that I used to see. it would be nice to know that I could log into the game and have some sort of thing to "do" with other people. The last GCW update killed pvp...pvp'ers didn't reap any benefits from it at all...PvE'ers have the majority of the power. Made the game somewhat pointless especially for those of us who liked to interact and battle with the opposing faction. When an Entertainer can reap more GCW than a combat officer in a city invasion there is something wrong with the system. I definitely notcied a drop in population after that update. people don't have to log in and spend time earning gcw..they can get it standing near a general and get it handed to them with tokens besides. I miss my friends.​

s32ndDamian

It's the lowest it's ever been, it's very low, it's time to pull the plug.​

ComicsGuy

I do wish there were more people, because people = customers and customer = credits.​

WolfeTCK

well 8 people transferred off as i typed this​

Sroba

Population is irrelevant. I play for pvp. I've played on starsider and the pvp is terrible​

swg-Alpha

Indifferent... I played on Valcyn. As long as the core group continues to play, our community will survive, I will remain.​

LadySerin

It is ghost town...very sad to see all the awesome people gone, when I first started playing I began as an ent and the cantina was so packed you couldn't get a space on the dance floor, and mind you, I an POST NGE.. and now it's dead. It's very sad that newer people didn't get to see what Radiant was.​

WarlordATF

I miss them, the game was alot more fun before they left.​

Q6. If there was a Free Character Transfer and subsequent closure of this server (IMPORTANT: THERE ARE NO PLANS TO DO THIS THAT WE KNOW OF AT THIS TIME) where would you go?

Radiant.schera

I have no idea where i would go if this server was closed TBH. Im sure we would have a guild discussion and majority of us would all move together. We are a very large and close guild.​

Radiant.dagdar

I would go to flurry because thats where my friends are moveing to and it has a good population size and alot of pvp or i would go to one of the euro servers since im in the UK. Since i have 2 accounts i may take some toons to flurry and some to a euro server.

Radiant.'nicholas

My guild and i have choosen not to give away the server we will be moving to if said action happens

Radiant.illithia

I personaly dont know, i would have to discuss that with my guild and friends and see what they think and where they would go as i would like to see as much as my friend base move together as possible​

Radiant.mys

TO A DIFFERENT GAME!!!!!​

Radiant.isaikk

A more populated server for sure like FLurry where you can benefit all the things in the game like Battlefields.​

Radiant.jo'kat

flurry or chilastra are the 2 main servers for consideration. starsider is to overpopulated and should not even be a transfer server if fct are offered again.​

Radiant.magnon

I would consider Flurry or Ahazi​

Radiant.mumat

honestly at this time i am not sure ware i would go I would prefer to see a server merger of some form but i do not see SOE doing this from what has ben done in the past​

Radiant.clarity

I would go to the largest server. Starsider...for a couple of reasons. If it's the largest community it would take the longest to kill off and would most likely be the last to get shut down. If Starsider was not an option I would probably choose Flurry because I have friends there.​

s32ndDamian

SS or Flurry​

ComicsGuy

I honestly don't know. I have friends on Starsider, so that might be the destination.​

WolfeTCK

starsider, flurry or chillastra, it would depend mostly on how my guild reacted and where we all wanted to go if we could stay together​

Sroba

wherever my friends went​

swg-Alpha

Like before, I'll go with friends.​

LadySerin

If Radiant is shut down I would consider lagsider....just because majority of my friends went there​

WarlordATF

Bria,Flurry or Starsider.​

Q7. What do you think SoE should do about the current population imbalance issue?

Radiant.schera

Maybe SOE should start to even out the servers, I noticed on the heavy servers that the lag is horrendous in many instances. just a thought. have a great day and good luck in your research. Schera, Megou, Nebi​

Radiant.dagdar

They should give free tranfers. Transfer people off starsider and the low pop servers and shut a few servers. Maybe merge the low population servers on a new fresh server so there is an equal oportunity for new city placement and put a population cap on starsider. Something needs to be done very soon in my opinion with the launch of SWTOR on the horizon.​

Radiant.'nicholas

probably best bet is to close the low population servers but then the makes other severs too populated, i would make a cap on poeple on the server and put free transfers to all servers to balance out the population on each​

Radiant.illithia

With the smallest 5/6 servers i would like to see a new server made and people move to that one as a brand new unbuilt world. The 2 european servers merged together into a new server. Starsider given free transfers away to the new servers​

Radiant.mys

FIRE ALL THE DEV'S, STOP LISTENING TO LUCAS ARTS, STOP LISTENING TO THE TROLLS ON THE FORUMS SINCE THEY DONT PLAY AND HAVE NO INTEREST IN THE GAME SUCCEEDING, PUBLICALLY ADMIT THE HUGE MISTAKE THAT IS THE NG, THEN WITH A NEW TEAM, FIX ALL THE BUGS BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE, THEN START MAKING CHANGES TO THE GAME THAT ALLOW AN INCREASE OF PROFESSIONS, MAKE THE GAME MORE DIFFICULT TO PLAY, TELL EVERYONE WHAT YOUR DOING, AND ADVERTISE THESE CHANGES. THEN JUST DIRECT ALL THE NEW SUBS AND RESUBS TO THIS SERVER. THIS WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM.​

Radiant.isaikk

Wait till more people pay 25$ to transfer and at the end give a FCT with the people left.​

Radiant.jo'kat

move the smaller servers into one server would be my idea of what should happen.​

Radiant.magnon

I think they should make portals between servers just like the trail guides to the different levels on Kashyyk. You could have players go back and forth between servers, if there is a way to do that. If not, I would say keep Radiant because it was the first server and is Nostalgic, snd close slow ones based on seniority and traffic. Unless they can merge servers. I'm not sure that would be possible, though.​

Radiant.mumat

My thought would be a server merger over a transfer of some of the smaller servers say take the bottom 3 servers adn merge them with 3 low to mid lvl population servers to have 3 mid lvl population servers​

Radiant.clarity

I think merging low level servers into one would be ideal...especially ones with similar economies and doing away with the city invasions or making them a once in a while event like double experience weekend would and could help. That or offer pvp'ers somethign above and beyond a general's ranking for being active in the "battle" between factions. I think it would bring some players back...but the city invasions/GCW update pretty much killed SWG.​

s32ndDamian

Close down a few less populated servers and let people choose where they would like to go. Or give people the option to transfer one time for free on each toon. I've already paid two times, don't need a refund, just let me move the rest.​

ComicsGuy

I asked my Magic Eyes of Mesra, but all it said was "Reply hazy, try again.​
"

WolfeTCK

another round of free transfers either to a few newly opened servers that every server can transfer to for free to start fresh, or a repeat of the last go around, only this time be honest and admit the servers that are transfer from wont be around long afterwards​

Sroba

Delete spy. (oh and totally not trolling.)​

swg-Alpha

Consolidate servers to a "new" server. A fresh start for everyone.​

LadySerin

Allow people to move where they want and for heaven's sake change the game to Free To Play with an item shop...seriously, SWG's days are numbered, FTP would be a smart move.​

WarlordATF

First they need to offer free transfers off of Starsider and then when we see the outcome,They should offer free transfers to the remaining low population servers.​

B

BadgerSmaker

SUNRUNNER

Q1. How long have you been playing on this server?

Sunrunner.kego:

About 6 years​

Sunrunner.j'aster:

18Months​

Sunrunner.asobs:

about 7 months​

Sunrunner.sokar':

Just a little over 1 year​

Sunrunner.tasha':

about three years​

Sunrunner.ethena:

Since March 28th, 2009. Tranfered from Intrepid server during free server transfers.​

Sunrunner.-katara-:

I have played for about a year and a half on all my toons on this server.​

Sunrunner.yobuda:

since 03​

Sunrunner.dharm:

4 years​

Sunrunner.xeewon:

i've been playing almost 2 years on sunrunner​

Sunrunner.eelum:

I've been on this server since the 14th of April of this year.​

Sunrunner.dark-zero:

7 years​

Sunrunner.jolietjake:

I've been on Sunrunner for over 2 years.​

Sunrunner.steve':

I stareted out on this server 6 years ago​

Sunrunner.stellevidi:

two years​

Sunrunner.kerric:

I have been playing on this server for 5 years​

Sunrunner.Wizenbeer

5.5 Years​

Sunrunner.trag

Playing a bit over 6 years on Sunrunner.​

Sunrunner.Louannarchy

Since July of 2004​

Sunrunner.-bether

5 years​

Sunrunner.akura

I have been on this server for one year.​

Sunrunner.zedge

Around 3 years​

Sunrunner.kincaide

This server only a few months, transfered here from Gorath.​

Sunrunner.thebird

3YEARS​

Sunrunner.qtip'

5+ Years​

Sunrunner.zethra

since I started playing the game, 6-7 years​

D_DarkStar

1 year and some change​

BarronWasteland

61/2 years​

Q2. What made you choose this server to play on?

Sunrunner.kego:

Seemed populated at the time​

Sunrunner.j'aster:

Picked it on Random when i started playing​

Sunrunner.asobs:

it hapended by the game​

Sunrunner.sokar':

Server distance; I had the thought that I would have the least amount of lag on a server with as little distance between it and my location. Little did I know how dire the population imbalance would soon become.​

Sunrunner.tasha':

at the time I was was invite to a very good guild (social)​

Sunrunner.ethena:

The Low Population, was used to empty servers(Scylla, Kettemoor, Wanderhome, Intrepid). The Community, was greeted very friendly while looking for a new server. The Communitie's geographic location(Not a primarily Europian Server). The Character Distribution, could fit both my Intrepid toons on this server, no alts already here taking up spaces.​

Sunrunner.-katara-:

Recommended due to low pop​

Sunrunner.yobuda:

was an alt, trying different professions​

Sunrunner.dharm:

Nothing in particular.​

Sunrunner.xeewon:

i chose this sever because my friends played on this sever​

Sunrunner.eelum:

At the time it was suggested by the game that I came here due to the lower population level. Since it is a westcoast server and the same timezone as me and I felt that if I helped contribute to the population it would help the server grow I decided to come here.​

Sunrunner.dark-zero:

it was the recommended one on the list when i first subbed​

Sunrunner.jolietjake:

I was on Wanderhome for around 2 years, quit to play World of Warcraft after the NGE changes caused me to lose my master creature handler and Teras Kasi Master. I returned to try the game again just over two years ago...and had to move from Wanderhome as it was being shut down. I came to Sunrunner as it had a greater number of people on it.​

Sunrunner.steve':

I liked the community and the server name then​

Sunrunner.stellevidi:

community, met good people, made friends​

Sunrunner.kerric:

I liked the name sunrunner.​

Sunrunner.Wizenbeer

I don't remember. All I know is it was heavily populated when I did.​

Sunrunner.trag

Started in Guam with several shipmates.​

Sunrunner.Louannarchy

It was suggested to me by the character creation process​

Sunrunner.-bether

west coast server - originally came from gorath where the pop was mostly european - wanted more ppl on when i played - im currently west coast as well​

Sunrunner.akura

SOE, choose this server for me, I din't know I had a choice, I would have choosen an east coast server not a west coast one, I live in Florida.​

Sunrunner.zedge

My friend had played on the game before me so i joined his server​

Sunrunner.kincaide

Roleplaying community is small but solid and friendly, not clique strewn.​

Sunrunner.thebird

My Brother plays on this server​

Sunrunner.qtip'

Recommended by friend​

Sunrunner.zethra

friends already here​

D_DarkStar

Random​

BarronWasteland

Freiends I knew at the time played here​

Sunrunner.dracaud

friends​

Sunrunner.eoso

I started all my toons here. When I started playing all my friends were on this server so I chose this one of course.​

Sunrunner.rapirgi

it was reconmended​

Sunrunner.ceibor

rl friends there was 10 of us​

Forge1

Picked it on Random lol​

Q3. Do you play on this server with the majority of your SWG gaming time or are there other characters that you play on other servers?

Sunrunner.kego:

I play sunrunner and have one active character on flurry but i play sunrunner more, i have two accounts with 4 toons here but ide like more character slots but i cant afford the prices for another account.​

Sunrunner.j'aster:

playing only Sunrunner​

Sunrunner.asobs:

i have a alt hidoho but thats it and he on same server​

Sunrunner.sokar':

I don't feel any need to play on multiple servers. I prefer to apply my time to one server where my friends are that have common interests/goals.​

Sunrunner.tasha':

almost all the time and occassionally play on my old server Flurry​

Sunrunner.ethena:

I play actively on many servers. This is essentially my most active, but my time is fairly split to Ahazi, Sunrunner and just recently Flurry. I have toons on 6 or 7 servers, all played at least occationally.​

Sunrunner.-katara-:

All my toons are currently on this server, although i'm thinking of transfering.​

Sunrunner.yobuda:

This is my main server.​

Sunrunner.dharm:

I play mainly on this server. Only reason I have toons on other servers is for trade and investigative purposes of possible transffer.​

Sunrunner.xeewon:

i mostly play on SR but i somtimes play on flurry or shadowfire​

Sunrunner.eelum:

I soley play on this server but I do have characters on another server.​

Sunrunner.dark-zero:

yep pretty much play all my time on sunrunner​

Sunrunner.jolietjake:

Sunrunner is my main server at the moment.​

Sunrunner.stellevidi:

i play on 4 servers, but about 25% on bria and 75% on sunrunner​

Sunrunner.Wizenbeer

Sunrunner for the majority​

Sunrunner.trag

I have 8 toons on Sunrunner!​

Sunrunner.Louannarchy

I only play on Sunrunner​

Sunrunner.-bether

only sunrunner these days​

Sunrunner.akura

Only this one - sunrunner.​

Sunrunner.zedge

I play on this server the most​

Sunrunner.kincaide

I only play on this server.​

Sunrunner.thebird

I only play on sunrunner​

Sunrunner.qtip'

Only Play on this server till recently​

Sunrunner.zethra

majority is here​

D_DarkStar

Sunrunner is the only server I play​

BarronWasteland

I play 100% on this server. I have all my time invested in these toons and I dont want to grind others.​

Sunrunner.dracaud

only server i play on its home​

Sunrunner.eoso

I play only on this server.​

Sunrunner.rapirgi

this server​

Sunrunner.ceibor

none​

Forge1

right now i'm playing only on Sunrunner,​

Q4. What keeps you playing on this server?

Sunrunner.kego:

The remaining friends ive made​

Sunrunner.j'aster:

Nothing beside my friends but i'll transfer pretty soon (R.I.P. Drama of Sunrunner)​

Sunrunner.asobs:

the people i meat​

Sunrunner.sokar':

I feel it would be a waste of time to develop another character from ground zero when I have already put so much time into the characters I have on this server.​

Sunrunner.tasha':

The people I know here​

Sunrunner.ethena:

GCW Seiges, my GCW rank, my vendor, my city and my friends.​

Sunrunner.-katara-:

Can't affford to transfer all my toons on the 3 accounts even with the lower prices​

Sunrunner.yobuda:

dont have the money to switch servers​

Sunrunner.dharm:

I am not willing to pay SOE anymore money for something that should be for free.​

Sunrunner.xeewon:

i keep playing on this sever because my firends are here and i dont have the money to switch​

Sunrunner.eelum:

I mainly stay here becasue I'm used to the people I've worked and played with and the friends I've made and the guilds I've belonged to in the past as well as the people I do trade with. Overall I'm very accustomed to the community here. Even though there are many times when I think a higher more active population woudl be fun GCW-wise I belive the lower population leaves more room for traders to collect resources or for combat toons to collect & grind for loot.​

Sunrunner.dark-zero:

friends that are here and the refusal to pay more money to transfer several accounts worth of toons

Sunrunner.jolietjake:

I play on this server because I have a city, with many buildings, city hall, and shuttleport.

Sunrunner.steve':

The other servers are too full to have cities in in this game

Sunrunner.stellevidi:

friends, community just like the feel of it​

Sunrunner.Wizenbeer

The few friends that are left and I can't afford to move all my toons and loot. Plus there is always the chance of ending up on an equally dead server in a few months after the transfer with the way server rise and fall in regards to population..​

Sunrunner.trag

I like the people here and I am well established.​

Sunrunner.Louannarchy

I really dont wanna pay the cash to transfer. I could just go and start another combat character on another server, and that would not be too hard, but I enjoy trader as well... and collecting all the resources again to start over would be too hard. If I could leave my toons here and UPS my gear/resources over to a new toon on another server... I would be gone in the blink of an eye.​

Sunrunner.-bether

my friends /blame RDP​

Sunrunner.akura

Don't want to pay to move.​

Sunrunner.zedge

The friends that i have here, but its tough to keep playing on a server with such a low population.​

Sunrunner.kincaide

My friends.​

Sunrunner.thebird

Good friends and good gcw​

Sunrunner.qtip'

lack of knowing other others playerbase​

Sunrunner.zethra

friends still here​

D_DarkStar

Guild​

BarronWasteland

I dont want to give money away for a game that I pay monthly to play.​

Sunrunner.dracaud

only server i play on its home​

Sunrunner.eoso

I play only on this server.​

Sunrunner.rapirgi

this server​

Sunrunner.ceibor

none​

Forge1

right now i'm playing only on Sunrunner,​

Sunrunner.dracaud

friends - community​

Sunrunner.eoso

Guess the only thing that keeps me playing on this server is I still know people here and I'm just stuborn,lol.​

Sunrunner.rapirgi

quiet​

Sunrunner.ceibor

friends​

Forge1

my Friends, but about to transfer (to 80%),​

Q5. How do you feel about the population level on this sever?

Sunrunner.kego:

Disgusted that nothing has been done, adding mroe character slots will at least increase city sizes granting more shuttles.​

Sunrunner.j'aster:

i would say -1 lol​

Sunrunner.asobs:

its good​

Sunrunner.sokar':

From my own experience, from 9pm PST on any given night to 12PM Noon PST there is little to no activity on sunrunner, at least from what I am able to see.​

Sunrunner.tasha':

the population is way too low it makes it hard to enjoy content which is heavily group based (good for social interaction but bad for a feeling of accomplishment when it is hard to find a group)​

Sunrunner.ethena:

It's like being on Kettemoor server back in the day. Vacant Wasteland, near as I can tell. I keep to myself on this server, do not participate in heroics, am self sufficient. Pop is not really a Concern, as long as the vendor still gets bussiness. Bussiness has slowed, but still present.​

Sunrunner.-katara-:

It has dropped like crazy and wasnt that populated when i came to the server now it is seriously dead.​

Sunrunner.yobuda:

WAY TO LOW​

Sunrunner.dharm:

I think the server population sucks. I honestly don't know why I even log in any more. SOE doesn't seem to want to address the issue. Since they lowered the cost of transfers to $25 its been getting worse each day on this server. But I Am not willing to pay SOE for a transfer when I and MANY others feel it should be free.​

Sunrunner.xeewon:

i hate the population lvl on this server, its imposible to get a group for anything and theres no good pvp​

Sunrunner.eelum:

Honeslty I feel it's too low and I believe the low population has casued city invasions and gcw actvity on this server in general to come to a slow crawl. I think it has also casued an imbalance in the economy on this server with goods, trade, and pricing since there is less competition in the market. Also space which I feel is an entire great seperate and beautiful aspect of this game has become allmost non-existant in activity on this server since just April.​

Sunrunner.dark-zero:

its a joke, im amazed soe even makes a profit running sunrunner​

Sunrunner.jolietjake:

The population level on Sunrunner is now fairly low. This makes it hard to find crafted items at reasonable prices on the bazaar.​

Sunrunner.steve':

It has deminished so badly that i rarely have anyone left to play with​

Sunrunner.stellevidi:

doesn't bother me, we have a very large and active guild​

Sunrunner.kerric:

The population level is small on this server it would be good if there were more players on this server.

Sunrunner.Wizenbeer

The population level on this server is HORRIBLE!​

Sunrunner.trag

I think the population is low, but like a small town we know each other well. The serious players know what to expect from each other and the trolls are easily identified. There is a lot of teamwork and cooperation.​

Sunrunner.Louannarchy

Population is really low. The posts on the trade boards are 3 weeks old on the front page, and the gossip forums are going on 2 months old for front page news. The forum pages are usually a good indication for how the pulse is for a server, and Sunrunners pulse is about to have the doctor say, "time of death.. xx/xx/xxxx"​

Sunrunner.-bether

pop is WAAAY too low these days​

Sunrunner.akura

Level is to low, we need more players should SOE should close some servers and combine to get populations up.​

Sunrunner.zedge

Its to low and somthing needs to be done​

Sunrunner.kincaide

I think the population could be a bit bigger but is decent. I started SWG in '03 so I remember the troubles of high population that most people don't ever consider.​

Sunrunner.thebird

I sucks but but its manageable.​

Sunrunner.qtip'

IT SUCKS​

Sunrunner.zethra

lacking, not nearly as many as there use to be​

D_DarkStar

Use to be booming....now its dead as ever.​

BarronWasteland

Stick a fork in it, its done.​

Sunrunner.dracaud

server population is dead under 200 people for entire server ( not counting alts or multiple accounts)​

Sunrunner.eoso

As far as the population goes, it's the worst I've ever seen. I'm lucky if one person I know is on.​

Sunrunner.rapirgi

could be alittle higher​

Sunrunner.ceibor

dead​

Forge1

i would say -2 to all the outhers lol,​

Q6. If there was a Free Character Transfer and subsequent closure of this server (IMPORTANT: THERE ARE NO PLANS TO DO THIS THAT WE KNOW OF AT THIS TIME) where would you go?

Sunrunner.kego:

Flurry​

Sunrunner.j'aster:

about to go to Starsider because i got friends there.​

Sunrunner.asobs:

i dont know​

Sunrunner.sokar':

I would go to the same server as many of my friends are transfering to.​

Sunrunner.tasha':

Back to Flurry​

Sunrunner.ethena:

Not Starsider, would send combat toons there. Probably Somewhere i have never been. Like Chalistra or Radiant. Flurry or Bria. Whatever servers suffered the least from the discount server transfers, is where I would go.​

Sunrunner.-katara-:

I would think starsider or bria​

Sunrunner.yobuda:

Anywhere but here, needs to be higher population​

Sunrunner.dharm:

I might go to FLurry only because the rebel population is extremely higher than the imperial population. So since I Am imperial, it would help balance out the faction presence on that server.​

Sunrunner.xeewon:

if there was a free transfer id probably go to flurry or shadowfire​

Sunrunner.xeewon:

if there was a free transfer id probably go to flurry or shadowfire​

Sunrunner.eelum:

I would more than likley go to Starsider. I think the high population and active community would be a nice change of pace for me plus one of my best friends from the game whom recently transfered from sunrunner to starsider has restarted a guild over there and has asked me to be a part of that​

Sunrunner.dark-zero:

we'd have to check a few out though the suggestion has been flurry​

Sunrunner.jolietjake:

If there was a free transfer I might try out Starsider, as this is now the busiest server...although if everyone went there it could be too heavy a population.​

Sunrunner.steve':

Starsider​

Sunrunner.stellevidi:

Ahazi most likely​

Sunrunner.kerric:

I would go to star sider.​

Sunrunner.Wizenbeer

They should obviously do more than what they are now. In my opinion, they should allow FREE server transfers all of the time. Perhaps a good way to do it would be to allow 1 toon on 1 account, 1 free transfer with items per month. If anyone wants to move more than one toon in a one month period, then charge for ADDITIONAL toons.

Seriously, why should the playerbase pay for SOE/SWG's mistakes through the years. This all started as soon as they started changing the mechanics of the game and there has been NO EFFORT on there part to bring new subs in. When was the last time you saw a commercial or even a web ad for SWG? (Yes, I know about steam but never heard of it prior to SWG being sold on it)​

Sunrunner.trag

The pop imbalance was caused by no moderation of the population transfers from the initial server closures. People ran willy nilly to LAGsider. Had the transfers been moderated the remaining servers would have grown equally. Also, with no real advertisement of this game, there are fewer new players. It is rediculous to assume that MMO players have done their research. The fact of the matter is that an on the shelf product such as WOW, Lego, Clone Wars, etc will always attract impulse buyers and casual gamers. SWG has a bad rep from many online media sources and could overcome this by putting product back on the shelf. STEAM and D2D really suck!! Heck. Simply repackege the game and throw in a few freebies. Even RL loot such as miniatres and stuff will draw people. For goodness sake, Christmas is right around the corner!!​

Sunrunner.Louannarchy

This would not be up to me solely. The guild that I am with has talked about this quite a bit over the last month or so. We would as a guild take a look at the server pops, visit a few server/planets, and then take a look at things.​

Sunrunner.-bether

prolly Flurry... i donno.. where ever my guild goes​

Sunrunner.akura

East coast server Radiant or Chilista, since I am on the east coast.​

Sunrunner.zedge

Not sure what server i would go to, starsider or another high populated one.​

Sunrunner.kincaide

Depends on where my friends go. If not mostly unified, I'd probably quit.​

Sunrunner.thebird

Don't know at this point​

Sunrunner.qtip'

Ahzia​

Sunrunner.zethra

Depends on where most of the people I know go.​

D_DarkStar

Flurry or Starsider​

BarronWasteland

Flurry most likley.​

Sunrunner.dracaud

dunno where i would go ( but i expect mergers to occur after christmas - since they merged every other game they control )​

Sunrunner.eoso

If there was a plan for a free transfer I would do it. I don't think it's really my fault as far as what happened here and I pay enough for this game as it is currently.​

Sunrunner.rapirgi

any it reconmended​

Sunrunner.ceibor

don't know​

Forge1

Starsider or Chilastra,​

Q7. What do you think SoE should do about the current population imbalance issue?

Sunrunner.kego:

Move us to populated servers. I have a character on flurry and i really dont want to delete it but its where ide like to go.​

Sunrunner.j'aster:

they should close this server to balance all the server a little bit more, Sunrunner is dead!​

Sunrunner.asobs:

i dont think there is one but make a nother server​

Sunrunner.sokar':

Shut Sunrunner down, give all current Sunrunner players free character transfers for all of their characters they currently have on Sunrunner.​

Sunrunner.tasha':

They should lock out character creation on all but the bottom servers until a better population is established and they should market the game better to find ne subscribers​

Sunrunner.ethena:

Wish I knew the answer to that question. No Longer allow transfers to Starsider. Force vacant servers to merge, as apose to allowing them to choose the most active servers. Most people long for Starsider like populations, rare others prefere the challenge of a low population. For me that sentiment varies, all depending on proffesion. Combats/Ents need people, Traders can do their own thing, and offer a great service to needy servers. Low Pop or High, It's a Love and Hate situation. Both have their issues, but their is such a thing as to low and to high.​

Sunrunner.-katara-:

Offer 2 free character transfers per account and close down 6 servers making all the servers have medium or heavy population.​

Sunrunner.yobuda:

Merge the servers down to a few.​

Sunrunner.dharm:

Either merge all the low populated servers onto 1 server, or offer free transfers to specific servers before closing down the low populated servers. But I don't think SOE will do it. They are making $25 per transfer. Making it free, would not be cost effective for SOE. All they are really doing is pushing more players out of the game, to leave for other games like WOW, and the soon to be released KOTOR. I personally enjoy this game and feel it has lots of potential. I won't be playing KOTOR when it comes out. It just doesn't look appealing to me. But if SOE doesn't do something soon about server population, or at lease mention they are planning to address it, then I might just leave game.​

Sunrunner.xeewon:

i think soe shouldent close more severs, just get people to join swg, get new content out there to intrest people, like langueages, new theme parks, new instances even a new planet, get some GOOD content out there to bring in the players, maybe offer a free month or 2 months or somthing to intrest people. game needs new content, not funky random gifts ( although the gifts are nice)​

Sunrunner.eelum:

In all honesty and fairness I think the best solution wouldl be to offer free transfers to people on the very high populated servers who are willing to come to the very low populated servers to help bring back a more even spread population across all the servers and invest long term in the game's stability​

Sunrunner.dark-zero:

either offer free transfers off of low population servers and reduce the number of servers, or offer transfers from starsider to the lowest population servers to offer some balance​

Sunrunner.jolietjake:

It would be good if the populations on the servers were better balanced. Reducing the number of servers and giving incentives to move to balance out the populations would be one idea. What those incentives would be I'm not sure, though. Having stable communities in the game is hard if you have to keep moving servers.​

Sunrunner.steve':

Make some planets and terrain so we can make new cities and make the serverers bigger to accomadate more people. For example make it so that we can have space staions to live on or include some of the other planets from Star wars in the game. Maybe even just make the planets we have bigger so we can have more cities close off the areas that are iconic for building it ruins the feel when you drive up to a JEDI temple ruin and there are 100 pluss houses there.

Make it so that guilds can only have 1 city instead of taking over an entire server, thats part of your population problem, why does a single guild need to have a city on more than 1 planet it is unfair and un ballnced to those that dont want to be in a guild

Move the stpry time frame up as wellw echould be well past cloud city and the Empires rain come to an end, part of the thing that seems pointless is we are constantly fighting a battle we will never win because we are stuck in limbo

I left here once for a year with this character and came back because the gameplay was dominated by those who owned all the cities. there are guilds with 2 or 3 cities , there should be a rule that you cannot make a city if your guild already has one and if you have a city and become a member of a guild that already owns a city you should not be allowed to keep that city. There are alot of other problems as well though

Mainly its the space for players to expand issue, for example i have a city here, so i lose all the space i have things in if i Move because there is no quarentee i will be able to make a city over there and even more so i wont be able to make it on the planet i had it on.

Personally you where better off with the old game and skill trees, people leave this game because they used to have unique characters now they are just cookiee cutter builds, they can get that from any other game out there​

Sunrunner.stellevidi:

give free transfers off of starsider...it is way over populated​

Sunrunner.kerric:

Perhaps impose a free weekend of character transfer services.​

Sunrunner.Wizenbeer

Closing more servers in NOT the answer. There is already an imbalance with people stuck on overpopulated as well as underpopulated servers.​

Sunrunner.trag

Contact me directly via PM or here for a more detailed explanation.​

Sunrunner.Louannarchy

I think that some advertisement would help... you never see SWG advertised on prime time tv (or any tv for that matter), the stores do not have the SWG Boxes sitting on the shelves anymore for people to hold and look at, and any MMORPG forum you go to... there are so many "bashers" against the game that SWG has a bad rep as the "must have game".

I believe that shutting a few servers down to increase the population for others is not the solution. It would only satisfy the few that are left on the dead servers. An increase in new players would help... just like many of us... they would opt for the character creation suggested server and end up playing on Sunrunner or some of the other low population servers.

Sony doing server transfers would not increase revenue... it would only stop the bleeding for a short time, the players that would come back to transfer would only stay for a short time, and then they would leave again. The new players coming into the game might stay a bit longer... and keep the server hamsters running longer.​

Sunrunner.-bether

definately need server merger or FTS.. i have 12 cl90 active toons on sunrunner - no way i will shell out 25 bucks a piece to move them myself - i will just play LOTRO until things pick up - seriously thinking about just quitting the game all together since there isnt much to log on here for anymore anyways... hate that i have resorted to other games due to this one dying - WoW and LOTRO both getting expansions before the end of the year and an awesome new starwars mmo on the horizon... what's SOE giving us? think mebbe they have robbed me long enough... just no fun anymore​

Sunrunner.akura

Close some servers and combine them, give players a free character transfer.​

Sunrunner.zedge

I think SoE should allow free transfers to what ever server you want.​

Sunrunner.kincaide

I think they should put some actual effort into revitalizing or even refocusing the game rather than simply toss a few strange updates and more and more token grinds.​

Sunrunner.thebird

Not sure at this point!!​

Sunrunner.qtip'

Offer FCTS​

Sunrunner.zethra

Condense all servers into 1 or 2 servers, limit the options for new players coming to the game.​

D_DarkStar

Free Transfers​

BarronWasteland

Close down the two least populated servers, 1 on the west coast (Sunrunner) and 1 on the east coast (Gorath I believe) then let us transfer. But lock out the two most poulated servers. 1 on each coast. Starsider (west coast). I am not sure of the east coast one. I might be wrong on my server geography though.​

Sunrunner.dracaud

MERGE SERVERS - or give back the PRE NGE days to bring the 100 of thousands of players who quit the urge to come back​

Sunrunner.eoso

Here's an Idea SOE, ask the player base next time before you do something like server merges. It might go alot easier next time around if you just listened.​

Sunrunner.ceibor

merge servers and close more servers.​

Forge1

they cant do anything and they not want to do anything, all they can do is to quit the drama of Sunrunner and close it....finally.​