• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closed Stratics... crawwwwwwlin-g-g-g-g-g-g-g

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
omg.. i was thinking my internet went *poof*

but stratics is uber slow today!!!

did someone lay off a hamster or two?!?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
omg.. i was thinking my internet went *poof*

but stratics is uber slow today!!!

did someone lay off a hamster or two?!?
The hamsters are still on the job. However, I do think they may be taking longer breaks lately. :p

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes it's been very slow for me off and on and even got booted once :) Could be Charter cable at the cottage. They're not exactly the top of the line providers. These savages want me to pay extra to get BBC to watch Dr. Who!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Twice today I had errors where i needed to log back in, Once while making a post so it's not like I was going back to a point where I wasn't logged in.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
cruising around the different boards and it takes forever for them to load... and since I browse multi-tab a lot, that means 3 or 4 tabs are sitting there "thinking" about showing me stratics.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can read my other forums in no time at all but I come to Stratics and it just spins and spins for ages before finally loading a new page. And I have ultra-high speed internet and such... so I know it's not me.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Stratics has been kinda slow to load for me for at least a week or so.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The load times have been mostly normal for me, a little slow I guess, but not that significant.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Lately, when I visit Stratics, I remind myself that patience is a virtue.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Stratics has been kinda slow to load for me for at least a week or so.
thats the exact same for me.
bout the last 2 weeks stratics has been painfully slow.
just sits there and thinks.... and thinks..... and thinks about loading.
ive gotten so that now i hit a new thread then i go to another tab and read another forum and wait till the little spinning circle stops then i come back.

so slow.

good to hear its not just me.
well.... not good i guess, cause that means there is some problem going on.

didnt they do a 'maintenance' last Saturday?
was that when it started???

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Twice today I had errors where i needed to log back in, Once while making a post so it's not like I was going back to a point where I wasn't logged in.
The same thing happened to me a couple of times.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the slow load times give me the opportunity to customize my tin foil helmet . . .

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its been extremely slow for the last few weeks. every other site is fine, fios internet all that. its stratics. sometimes it takes over 30secs to load. once in a while it times out. loading a post is sometimes so long that i just dont bother, but even the "fast" loads are usually around 2-5 seconds (used to be instant)

dealing with it, but yes makes a quick browse around the forums not exactly quick. have to say i have been using the site less the last few weeks just because its not worth the waits to see if somethings new.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
This should be resolved. We made some server configuration changes/optimizations. Our page speed tests show we are now back to under 4 seconds on average, consistent with before. Thanks for the report.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This should be resolved. We made some server configuration changes/optimizations. Our page speed tests show we are now back to under 4 seconds on average, consistent with before. Thanks for the report.
It's not <4s for me. Maybe the problem is windows 10?
PS: The new smilies suck.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
It's not <4s for me. Maybe the problem is windows 10?
PS: The new smilies suck.
After setting up SSL, the page load time increased to <5 s on average. In the next 2 months or so we will see that drop once the browser providers start rolling out HTTP/2. Most providers are targeting early 2016.