• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Strat help?

J

Jonny

So I'm doing an Archer/Lumberjack as my first character and possible use him as a mule once I get him GM Fletching.

My skills that I've been working on are:
Archery (obviously)
Lumberjack
Bowcraft/Fletching
Healing
Anatomy
Tactics

I've built on other skills but not much. Only things that I kinda needed for my character to really function. Mainly by that I mean Magery I got up to around 30.

Any help from some experienced players would be appreciated. Thanks.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Why an archer/jack, and with bowcrafting no less?
I think he is trying to make himself self sufficient this was my first character many many years ago you can make your own arrows and harvest your own lumber and can make decent cash selling bows
the way things are now you really dont need to do this but I understand the logic from a new person perspective I thought about something similar on siege as I have not made a character there yet !

C

Connor_Graham

I think he is trying to make himself self sufficient...
the way things are now you really dont need to do this
That's why I was asking. It's really not necessary any longer to have templates like this.

J

Jonny

Well Connor, Storm was correct. I assumed that buy making it so I could create my own weapons and sell the excess, I would not have to make myself dependent on others.

So, my question is, why is this a pointless template and what would you suggest instead?

C

Connor_Graham

As a first char, I'd go with this template:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Healing
90 Anatomy
90 Resist
80 Chivalry

Scrolls are a little pricey, so you can start off with GM Archer and GM Bushido until you have enough gold to buy the scrolls for them. Later on down the road when you have more gold to invest, you can get a 110 Tactics and drop Chiv down to 70.

I'd then also make a second mule character that would compliment this one that has both Lumberjacking and Bowyer/Fletcher. You can chop your own wood and get feathers from harpies that you'll use for training. After you've built your skills up, you can then go after Centaurs and/or Ratman Archers which drop arrows as part of their loot.

R

RichDC

Stick with what your doing, its a fun and rewarding experience. Its the way i started back(but with swords mining smith), make sure you put in arms lore, and all your excess bows you make turn them into heartwood for the chance of a runic kit.

You can always make a dedicated fighting template later, once youve mastered your archery tactics picking up the additional skills will become alot easier.

Which ever way you go, connors template is a very solid temp, remember to play for fun and do what suits your playstyle.

J

Jonny

Thanks for the input guys. I'm not quite sure what Bushido is, but I'll look into it.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
for now work the skills you have listed later you can transfer the lumber jack, fletching skills off and add bushido and whatever else you decide like chiv the you will have a good fighter template and have the start of a good crafter template one other thing I would add arms lore in there also this will give you DI increase on weapons you craft and armor points to armor!