• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stranger....

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is rumored there is a stranger in hythloth.
He had a cool special effect, A Black hole popped up and the stranger froze you then all of a sudden you started hopping one tile at a time toward the black hole, when sucked into the black hole you appeared in what i think to be Vespar Cemetary. Dead on LS

A

Azureal

So thats it then? Thats all 6 strangers, each killed quite easily little more than an hour or so after they spawn on a server. Heh. Totally awesome.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So thats it then? Thats all 6 strangers, each killed quite easily little more than an hour or so after they spawn on a server. Heh. Totally awesome.
Yea...epic...realm changing....

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He had a cool special effect, A Black hole popped up and the stranger froze you then all of a sudden you started hopping one tile at a time toward the black hole, when sucked into the black hole you appeared in what i think to be Vespar Cemetary. Dead on LS
Thats effect was used in the Magencia attack as well, by the Void Demons? i think. Pretty cool though and an interesting turn to a fight!

Ori

T

Trebr Drab

Don't be so harsh...yet at least. I think allot of this stuff, including the Inu events and even stuff before that, may be a big set up for what's to come. Both in adding the new stuff and in continuation. Allot of it may be depth for what's to come for years. I hope so anyways.

T

Trebr Drab

Heh, I wonder how many players these days know their way from the Vesper cemetery to the bank. :thumbup:

T

Trebr Drab

Does Kryson also turn into a dragon/wyrm briefly upon death? Just to confirm, do they all?

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't be so harsh...yet at least. I think allot of this stuff, including the Inu events and even stuff before that, may be a big set up for what's to come. Both in adding the new stuff and in continuation. Allot of it may be depth for what's to come for years. I hope so anyways.
Well, I haven't missed a single UO payment in over 9 years. I was told there was going to be a expansion and I have nothing yet they continue to get my money. I was told there would be epic and realm changing things happening at the end of last month, yet they still continue to get my money. My patience is wearing out. I'm tired of vague promises of great things to come. Someone needs to start talking about why I should continue to give them my money.

T

Trebr Drab

Well, I haven't missed a single UO payment in over 9 years. I was told there was going to be a expansion and I have nothing yet they continue to get my money. I was told there would be epic and realm changing things happening at the end of last month, yet they still continue to get my money. My patience is wearing out. I'm tired of vague promises of great things to come. Someone needs to start talking about why I should continue to give them my money.
Yeah, I can relate.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dropped on LS about half an hour ago.

It is a human male, carrying an ornate axe, dressed in black dragon armor, and it somehow looks more menacing than the others.

At no point did I notice him dropping his weapon, which is an interesting change.

His evil black gate spell thingie is heralded by him speaking words of power which are different from, but similar to, the Gate spell.

He hits hard but not as hard as some of the others.

A neat stream of fire does massive to ranged attackers, one at a time.

-Galen's player

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its still full health on Chessy.... we need help!

*edit* FYI its dead now :)

I

Infiniti

It is rumored there is a stranger in hythloth.
It was a lot of fun on LS...I was teleported two or three times and to different locations each time. Vesper cemetary and to Mag...not sure where the other place was. :thumbup:

M

mmmbeer

is krysan still spawning or has it switched to a new stranger...?!?!?

A

Azureal

is krysan still spawning or has it switched to a new stranger...?!?!?
I thought there was only 6, Krysan being the 6th.

What Id like to know, is now that each of them have been soundly defeated, with nothing more than a few rounds of insurance money lost, what happens next?

Six nasty dudes come around and cause trouble, nothing in my UO life has changed. My scribe makes scrolls, my miner digs rocks, my lockpicker opens boxes that arent his and takes the stuff out. Ho hum?

I

Ill Saint

The stranger spawn rotates now, no? I recall Draconi made a post about this.

I

Ill Saint

http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=76823&postcount=9

Draconi_EA said:
Some quick notes for everyone:
* One member of the Six will be introduced per day. They will respawn throughout the day after being defeated (every 2 - 4 hours).
* Each of them are different, and have unique abilities and attacks.
* Common attacks are fire related
* After every member has been introduced, they will spawn in a random rotation, in their individual locations, with at least one available every day all day.
* At this time, we've met Myxkion (Despise), and now Kealdia (Luna)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's on LS again.

No weapon this time and.....Well, I usually don't mind one-hit kills. In fact I've come to expect them in high-level PvM.

However, what I do mind is when something one-hit-kills you every time it hits you.

Assuming a character with 60 to 70 in each resist, a one-hit-kill should happen at most a couple of times a fight. Not every hit.

I didn't mind the Destard's one-hit-kills, because you could work with it. It didn't nail you with 600 damage every time it looked in your direction.

-Galen's player

M

mmmbeer

i think that was the last krysan...the kry on LS we just killed had to have been there from last night and the new cycle will kick in after death.

anyone seen a diff stranger somewhere?!?!

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stop setting your expectations so high, the dev team has made tons of changes in the recent past months, ive played almost 8 yrs and have never thought about quiting

C

Corwin

Nope. I have seen three Krysans today. And I am sure I missed one or two judging from the loot left on the floor.

Maybe tomorrow will start the random stuff.

or maybe today was and it was #6 again.