• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Strange tilted grafics after relogging on a dead char

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight I had con lost and died. Sh*t happens. But when I logged back in, and my char was dead, I had a really strange graphics bug. Everything was tilted by ca. 90° and showing only in a triangle. I made a screenshot (see below).
After resurecting, everything was back to normal.

I thought it would be best to report that bug here, with screenshot attached. Hope some dev stumbles over it.

Attachments

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This bug has been discussed at length and the latest patch addresses it. Go into your options (the graphics tab I believe) and turn off the hardware accelerated death effect. It's probably a driver issue and maybe the latest video drivers, or a future release of your video drivers, will fix the problem.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think i found out what the problem is. It happends when you are as a ghost close to water or Lava.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It would happen to me everywhere. I didn't need to be close to water or lava.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would happen to me everywhere. I didn't need to be close to water or lava.
It is strange that we didnt find out why this happend.

From my side i never had this bug and i played much since the first post of Llewen. Iam really intrested how that can happen, are you both wearing a special item?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It started for me after one of the publishes, 64 or 65 maybe? The basic pieces I am wearing haven't changed in a long time, and when you are in ghost form you aren't wearing anything anyway, so I don't see how that could be it.

T

Tazar

I am also occasionally seeing a similar issue upon death. Drivers are as updated as they get and the hardware option was off at the time. Closing UO and reloading did not resolve the issue - it took a reboot of the computer to clear the glitch.

Not too critical since I am already dead at this point - but still annoying. :p

Attachments

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
lol, Tazar, how do you find the macro you're looking for?

I know you have a number of accounts. Did you have to set up that layout for each character?

T

Tazar

The macro's are all hot-keyed to a Logitech G-13 and G-15 so they are available on-screen, or off-screen. They are still on-screen for the few times that I can't remember what the hot key is for a rarely used spell.

While I have a lot of accounts, I really use one particular character 90+% of the time. He's all scrolled out and can have any skill at any time with soulstones. The macro's basically cover a generic set-up they cover any skill/action/etc. and they are good no matter what skill set I use.

I did copy the character file over to all the others - just for consistency.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Gotcha. That makes sense. ^ ^

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I use my G-13 myself and each of my characters has a separate set up for their spells and all but I have only one profile for the G-13 ...... I love the EC it allows me to use one profile for all my characters. Brilliant....

However everytime I die I have the same issue as Tazar... so it's extremely annoying for me to find that I can't see what I'm doing or where I'm going until I get a rez...

I have yet to find anything that clears it up besides getting a rez... My friends tell me to reboot the client and no matter how many times I tell them that won't work..... they keep telling me to try it. No one believes me because none of them experience the same issue..... even though 2 of my friends use the EC regularly and my drivers are up to date.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have yet to find anything that clears it up besides getting a rez...
Have you used the option to turn off the hardware accelerated death effect? That's what cleared it up for me. I don't think it looks all that much worse and I actually get better fps, so I think it's a win all round for me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Have you used the option to turn off the hardware accelerated death effect? That's what cleared it up for me. I don't think it looks all that much worse and I actually get better fps, so I think it's a win all round for me.
Yes but it still does it sometimes .... most especially when I'm in a dungeon area. But then I don't often die out in the open..... no wait it did it on magincia the other day..

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yes but it still does it sometimes .... most especially when I'm in a dungeon area. But then I don't often die out in the open..... no wait it did it on magincia the other day..
That's very odd.