• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] strange serverline map problem

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use this on 3 characters. On two it works fine, for some reason when I use the icon on the other one, nothing happens.

Any ideas on a fix short of deleting the char's file and re-making all her macros and settings?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you are using the same interface package as on the two others? they can be individually stored i think, maybe one is out dated? at least, thats my first thought.

it could also be that you resized the EC window at some point, this accationally cause elements to go off screen.

maybe try and search in the settings file with notepad or another plain text editor for setting for this in particular.

maybe pinco can help what to look for.

i did a bit searching myself, and nearly positive this is the setting to look for

Code:
<WindowPositions name="ServerLine" x="366.000000" y="223.000000" />
in my file it is line 133

make sure the x and y value are within your monitors max resolution.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k, I found that line on the affected char's file - and I found it on the file of a character that works. I copied the settings from the working char to the non working char. It didn't help.

I think I'm going to have to delete that file and re-build it :( and of course she has lots and lots of macros :(

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
k, I found that line on the affected char's file - and I found it on the file of a character that works. I copied the settings from the working char to the non working char. It didn't help.

I think I'm going to have to delete that file and re-build it :( and of course she has lots and lots of macros :(
try to delete the serverline line so it will be regenerated...

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this line also

Code:
<WindowPositions name="CustomSetting___EnhancePackServerLine" x="-9.000000" y="0.000000" width="-9.000000" height="-9.000000" />
might be relevant.. dunno

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
is this line also

Code:
<WindowPositions name="CustomSetting___EnhancePackServerLine" x="-9.000000" y="0.000000" width="-9.000000" height="-9.000000" />
might be relevant.. dunno
this is just the flag visible/invisible...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried deleting every line that mentioned 'ServerLine' in hopes of a rebuild. When I went back into game here's what I got. The box is there when I run the mouse over it, but the map isn't.

Attachments

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id suggest try and rename the file so its not used for the character, and see if its the setting file something wrong with.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, I'm getting somewhere. That didn't help, so I tried a char on a second account, but the same shard. My working char's are on Europa, the busted one is in Siege. The second account on Siege has the same problem. I therefore surmise that the problem probably lies with the file multiDataSiege Perilous.uod? Although that files shows as last edited June 2010. UserSettings.xml?

Or maybe not. I just tried activating the server line map on test center and just got a red dot on the screen representing my char's position. No map. So - what do I need to reinstall? Pinco's UI or UO?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Selected 'reinstall' when booting up Pinco's. Selected 'full file check' when that finished and I got to the uo login. Neither have made any difference, other than to cause me to replace all my icons.
I guess I'll have to learn to live without it.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well it works with me on a fresh char on siege..

did you try pulling out a new botton for it?

also does it work if you hit the v in pinco's ui settings at server line map, then apply?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I tried removing the button and pulling a new one
Yes, the option is ticked in the Pinco's ui section of the settings gump

I compared the files of the working and none working characters.

Working char:
Code:
WindowPositions name="ServerLine" x="0.000000" y="205.000000"
WindowPositions name="CustomSetting___EnhancePackServerLine" x="-9.000000" y="0.000000" width="-9.000000" height="-9.000000"
WindowPositions name="CustomSetting___ServerLineSC" x="0.931003" y="-9.000000" width="-9.000000" height="-9.000000" 
UserAction type="UserCommand" id="5030" iconId="860025" targetType="Current" text="script ServerLine.Toggle()"
Non working char
Code:
  WindowPositions name="CustomSetting___EnhancePackServerLine" x="-9.000000" y="0.000000" width="-9.000000" height="-9.000000"
  WindowPositions name="ServerLine" x="67.000000" y="362.000000"
 UserAction type="UserCommand" id="5030" iconId="860025" targetType="Current" text="script ServerLine.Toggle()"
The working character has one line more. Adding that line copied from the working character doesn't help. My somewhat suspect logical deduction powers suggest that whatever has to happen to generate that line of code, isn't happening.

I re-installed pinco's using the 're-install' button on the ui gump I start uo with. I wonder if I should have re-downloaded it from the site and installed over from that?

Arrrgh! I can't get the lines of code to show!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yep i would replace the whole thing

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I uninstalled the interface, removed the character's file. Re downloaded, reinstalled. Problem fixed. Then I started to rebuild the character's settings. I enabled legacy paperdoll. Problem restored. Doh!
So I uninstalled the interface, deleted the char file, re-unzipped the saved download and reinstalled again. Edited the original, saved char file to read 'LegacyPaperdolls enabled="false" replaced it in the proper folder and logged in with fingers crossed.

Map working after logging in and out twice. Heaven knows how or why, but apparently legacy paperdoll interferes with the serverline map.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I uninstalled the interface, removed the character's file. Re downloaded, reinstalled. Problem fixed. Then I started to rebuild the character's settings. I enabled legacy paperdoll. Problem restored. Doh!
So I uninstalled the interface, deleted the char file, re-unzipped the saved download and reinstalled again. Edited the original, saved char file to read 'LegacyPaperdolls enabled="false" replaced it in the proper folder and logged in with fingers crossed.

Map working after logging in and out twice. Heaven knows how or why, but apparently legacy paperdoll interferes with the serverline map.
I made some tests but the problem do not appears... seems there is something in the game that prevents you to customize it :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not the paperdoll. I realised when I logged in again that somewhere in the swapping and changing I'd done I'd wound up with an out of date version of the ui active. No organiser or other recent additions. When I updated the ui, the problem was back.
I daren't mess about with it anymore, I'll wind up with it not working at all. I'll do without the map :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Progress. I finally realised this afternoon that the chars with the non-working maps were all in Fel, and that the loss of the map followed the introduction of seperate maps for tram and fel. So I logged on the test center char. Checked that the map still didn't work. It didn't. Took the char to Tram. the map worked. Took her back to fel, and the map is fine.
So for most shards, provided I toggle the map on in Tram it will work perfectly on either shard.
Now all I need to figure out how the heck I manage that one on Siege!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have identified the problem, it's the Felucca map. I just had it fail on the char that was working before - when I launched his boat in Felucca. To fix it I just had to recall to Tram and open the map there. After that it works on either facet.

However that leaves my Siege char with a major problem.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have identified the problem, it's the Felucca map. I just had it fail on the char that was working before - when I launched his boat in Felucca. To fix it I just had to recall to Tram and open the map there. After that it works on either facet.

However that leaves my Siege char with a major problem.
will be fixed on next version.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you :)
I just wish my brain worked better. I should have realised all the affected chars were in Fel long before I did.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to report, maybe it's me. But I still only get server line map if I open it in Tram first.
In fel all I get is the red dot, no map image.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm unable to replicate this bug... with the new patch the map still opening in both facet without problem. I've also tried on siege...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It must be something my end :( I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the ui twice and forcing an update of the client. I guess I'll just learn to live without it.
It affects all chars, regardless of account or shard.
If anyone has any ideas why or how this won't work for me when it does for everyone else, I'm all ears.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It must be something my end :( I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the ui twice and forcing an update of the client. I guess I'll just learn to live without it.
There are not custom bugs, just custom ways to do things :p

The better way to solve this is know exacly what you do since login to get this bug :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I knew! It's been broken since the split tram - fel, so whatever I screwed up I did back then.

Would using the icon when in Tokuno affect it? My Siege char lives in Zento

We couldn't be at cross purposes? I notice since the update I lost my mib locations on the tactical map, that works fine. It's the serverline map I'm having problems with.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish I knew! It's been broken since the split tram - fel, so whatever I screwed up I did back then.

Would using the icon when in Tokuno affect it? My Siege char lives in Zento

We couldn't be at cross purposes? I notice since the update I lost my mib locations on the tactical map, that works fine. It's the serverline map I'm having problems with.
ok, that was the problem, map outside of trammel/felucca block the opening of the map, fixed now :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doh! thank you! Funny that opening it in Tokuno on Siege made it not work in fel on any shard anywhere. Code's strange stuff.