• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Straight from the mouth of Draconi himself..

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you guys dodging all the posts and threads reguarding the duped vinecords? And possibly adding more resists to the snake skin boots? And blessing the ear rings. Kinda seems that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. I'm not dodging. I'm waiting.

I adore this post

G

yeah its a bit like that.
personally i see the vine cords a bit like the guard sash robe dupes. i look at them and think 'hey here is a sucker'!!
no more overpowered stuff!

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is possibly the first EA response to vine cord/duped items in years. Draconi hasn't broken his promises yet, so let's see

K

Kratos Aurion

Thats a good quote

look forward to seeing all the vine cords on the market when they

[insert exploding sound here] kurrr plowww* [/end sound]

Once the announcements up, its just a waiting game

W

Wastelands

Selling 72 pairs of vine cords 20mil each! Icq-123456789

G

LOL--I wouldn't touch these babies with a ten foot pole

~Goes Barefoot~

K

Kratos Aurion

10ft is danger zone, better back up a few more yards

G

Want to know the best part of that quote? Its all the people that will be on UHall after Drac does whatever it is he is planning to do to the dupes whining, crying and pancakes because they paid xxx millions for a pair just for them to either become useless by way of a change to the item (Monk robes?) or from being deleted (with fire, by Draconi's past examples).

T

themaster879

ya but they knew when they bought them that they were mass duped :/

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm now. Me, after a post like from a Dev.. I wouldn't be buying any damned duped/exploited item at the current time!

D

Daren Athlorn

<blockquote><hr>

Want to know the best part of that quote? Its all the people that will be on UHall after Drac does whatever it is he is planning to do to the dupes whining, crying and pancakes because they paid xxx millions for a pair just for them to either become useless by way of a change to the item (Monk robes?) or from being deleted (with fire, by Draconi's past examples).

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it wrong that when I picture that scenario, I can only envision the scene in Southpark where Eric Cartman is laughing and bathing in someones tears as they cry uncontrollably?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hmm now. Me, after a post like from a Dev.. I wouldn't be buying any damned duped/exploited item at the current time!

[/ QUOTE ]

Then there is a very short list of things you should be buying, unfortunately.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Then there is a very short list of things you should be buying, unfortunately.

[/ QUOTE ]

They arent going to delete anything, there just going to make them more Obsolete =/

G

Yeah kinda what I am thinkin, a merging of the two or something of the sort.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i mean the way i see it....

last time they didnt really delete anything they just introduced monk robes which were still usable but removed the unique hueing and made those changleing items obsolete.

Changeling items were fake items Replicated Hues.

This time they have brought out new rewards that are similar to the duped event item, (footware with resists), I think what he was meaning by "Im Waiting" is that there guna wait till the last min to tell everyone that the boots are guna be +2% to all resists (because they made it a point to say that the rewards are subject to change at any time) which wont really delete the vine cords, just make them more obsolete yet still usable.

Duped event items Are Actual items, Not replicated hues, meaning theres no way to tell the difference between Fake and Real.

Just my thoughts on it any ways.....

G

Well atleast he finally acknowledged that they are aware of the duped vinecords.

Secondly they did add this-

Update #1:

Added info about rations and snake skins spawning on regular Ophidians from now on.

Don't know if that means just thru pub 53, or forever. But maybe, just maybe we can use snakeskins to craft footwear with mods. That would be the best case scenario.

G

I guess the bag of 23 vinecords I tripped over were dupes and not collected by the house owner that IDOC'd.

Wow. It would be cool if the devs could actually search by code and tell us how many of each EVENT ITEM or RARE is actually out there.

That would be a cool service.

We could actually see what is out there.

G

No. I'm not dodging. I'm waiting.
---------------------

Seems the obviously 99.9% Super Duped Vinecords are gonna get Hot Hot HOT!!!!

Jumps for cover as Draconi gets his flamethrower out again!!!!

T

themaster879

if i remember right there was only one real pair of vine cord sandals. :/ i could be wrong though.

G

I find it funny how Vine Cords haven't been duped any more than every other item out there, just due to a duper error common folk were able to obtain them.

People should have been rejoicing instead of vigorously hunting down the common folk that were suddenly able to purchase them for much cheaper.

There are thousands of Aris, Talkeesh, Gladiator Collars, LT Sash, Oak Leaf Cloaks and so on, they just aren't released to the general public for cheap because no duper !@#4ed up on them.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

There are thousands of Aris, Talkeesh, Gladiator Collars, LT Sash, Oak Leaf Cloaks and so on, they just aren't released to the general public for cheap because no duper !@#4ed up on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vine cords are just a rallying point. More will follow, just wait and watch. Do not even for a second think the developers are not aware of the items you just mentioned. People who ignore the available information and bury their collective heads in the sand will be burnt. Along with people who fence them, one may hope.

G

Step out of UO for a week or so and stuff gets exciting!

Even if the answer was only ever gonna be a resounding, "No!" at least NOW I know why I have two different offers to exchange vine cord sandals for a blaze cu...

Bwahahahaha!

&lt;3 Draconi

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Step out of UO for a week or so and stuff gets exciting!

Even if the answer was only ever gonna be a resounding, "No!" at least NOW I know why I have two different offers to exchange vine cord sandals for a blaze cu...

Bwahahahaha!

&lt;3 Draconi

[/ QUOTE ]

Was I the one who sold you that blaze cu? Just wondering can't remember.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh, it definitely wasn't me.

I've always tamed my own - or at least the last six anyway.

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone. I'm not a rares expert, but I do remember a rather vigorous discussion on UHall about these sandals. Folks there were kind enough to educate me on why people would pay such a huge sum for these sandals.

To add to this discussion, I would just like to say maybe something Draconi could do is give these sandals properties similar to the Cloak of Corruption. Suddenly folks with these items find their health and Notoriety taking a nosedive. What would be really interesting is if the master of ones and zeros could make it so the effect also decreases the individuals armor resists as well... so they watch their health and resists take a nosedive.

Or... well, this is a bit evil... as long as the sandals are on, the durability of their other equipped items starts to go down. Probably more effort than it's worth, since it would be easier to just convert them to horsedung or something else.

Safe Travels, Sam

G

<blockquote><hr>

I find it funny how Vine Cords haven't been duped any more than every other item out there, just due to a duper error common folk were able to obtain them.

People should have been rejoicing instead of vigorously hunting down the common folk that were suddenly able to purchase them for much cheaper.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

lol thats actually kinda funny. theres not thousands of gladiator collars, or ari shrouds, or lt sashes. if there were, they wouldnt be so incredibly hard to locate.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

lol thats actually kinda funny. theres not thousands of gladiator collars, or ari shrouds, or lt sashes. if there were, they wouldnt be so incredibly hard to locate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is seriously flawed. Maybe you don't know the right people?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is seriously flawed. Maybe you don't know the right people?

[/ QUOTE ]If one truly considers those the "right people," then I have to wonder whose logic is actually flawed here.

Just a thought from one of the "common folk" who refused vine cords everytime they've been thrust under my nose.

[/ QUOTE ]
Haha you commoner you!

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Point Blank: I hope they delete/alter every damn dupe/exploited item in the game.

G

I won't dispute that all of those items have been duped to some extent, but if their were thousands of them, they'd be everywhere. A duper doesn't dupe, just so they can store chests full of duped gear in their houses and bank accounts. If they were intelligent at all, they would have sold it the minute they duped it, for whatever ammounts of rl cash or in game gold they could get, and the rares market would be saturated with them.

S

sapphirediablo11

I'm just tossing something out here, but if there is a storage of informational data somewere for UO that gives all the information about the game, like some sort of hard drive thing, (i'm not good with hard technology names :|) then if you go back in the code then you would be able to see the amount of each item that was created, given out, and a basis what the total of X items are, aslong as they had a set spawning rate, as far as event things go, i think they might have saved some of that information, although i don't know. Plus if they had something like this (other then i being massive and taking up terrabites of information) they would be able to tell if someone was a hacker, what items have been dupe, who traded what item, ect... (this just a ramble... nothing to quote on or anything
)

Anyways I think it would be a good idea if they made the snake skin shoes a rare craftable, that could get mods, or something along those lines..

Anyways have a good debate

Cheery Oh!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I won't dispute that all of those items have been duped to some extent, but if their were thousands of them, they'd be everywhere. A duper doesn't dupe, just so they can store chests full of duped gear in their houses and bank accounts. If they were intelligent at all, they would have sold it the minute they duped it, for whatever ammounts of rl cash or in game gold they could get, and the rares market would be saturated with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the stupidest thing I have heard. You should enroll in some economics courses.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You words are so strong, almost like thee have direct experience!

Either way, I hope all the 'duped' ones get deleted, and many are left heartbroken and crying.

Then I will walk up and "LOL" in thier faces like I always do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the stupidest thing I have heard. You should enroll in some economics courses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to create a great image for yourself. I'd love to but from a guy who indirectly calls someone stupid and insults him!

If anyone is stupid, its you.

Let me guess, you're gona get a hold of my icq, curse me out, and threaten me? Please...

G

I'm merely here to point out the lack of knowledge of most people. I also know that you know the right people

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Consider what happened to vine cords when only few dozen of them showed up in a short amount? Their value crashed and they are most likely going to be taken care of in near future.

Why would I "saturate" the rares market with 1000 LT sashes if I had them? That would not even make me a small percentage of what I would make by slowly selling them at 1billion plus over few years while everyone else argues whether or not they are duped. Furthermore, a lot of these transactions are done with gold. Gold does not sell that easily so there is no reason to sell them any faster. A steady and good income every month instead of a grand poobah for a week wins the day (for the duper).

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why would I "saturate" the rares market with 1000 LT sashes if I had them?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you had them my faith in rares would die.
It's one thing to know they are out there. It's another to fence them as certain people who call themselves "brokers" are doing. They try to front themselves as upstanding, reputable, and trustworthy. Fortunately most of the real rares people know they are nothing more than fencers and can warn other people.

G

Is it? Looks like alot of duper houses are in flames, and accounts are shut down. I wouldn't dupe something and hang onto it. I especially wouldn't dupe thousands of items like you claim there is. Any person who would have storage chests full of duped items on their accounts are the stupid ones. Talking economics, it's called supply and demand. Secondly the more you sell the more money you make, thats a fact. Theres always a demand for rare items, but you won't have a supply when all your accounts gets banned.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Is it? Looks like alot of duper houses are in flames, and accounts are shut down. I wouldn't dupe something and hang onto it. I especially wouldn't dupe thousands of items like you claim there is. Any person who would have storage chests full of duped items on their accounts are the stupid ones. Talking economics, it's called supply and demand. Secondly the more you sell the more money you make, thats a fact. Theres always a demand for rare items, but you won't have a supply when all your accounts gets banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know nothing of economics... Thomas tried to explain the basic to you fairly well and you ignore it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Where is your house so I can get my marshmellows ready?

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO

G

Where is your house so I can get my marshmellows ready?

------------------------

OMFG.... The keyboards just covered in splurted out coffee...oh lordy....stop it please stop it!! ...i cant keep ruining keyboards this way....

G

I'm selling endless bags of marshmellows and keyboards in mass quantities for the event!! 10k each anyone

G

as you seem to have alot of marshmallows can we know how many there should be on each shard? you never know, mallow dupes

G

Your talking about economics with an illegal or duped item. Theres no economics envolved with that. If you were a thief irl, and you stole something, you turn around and get rid of it as fast as you can, and turn any kind of profit that you can. Just like any duper with a brain would do. You don't hang onto illegal stuff, or make tons of it, thats how you get caught. Secondly if you dupe an item, then it's free to you, and anything you get from it is all profit.

Thats why when the dupes were going around prices on artis dropped super low, the dupers were trying to get rid of it as fast as they could and turn a profit. And the casual gamer only noticed one thing, and that was a bargain. Hence EA didn't feel the need to go after all the duped items, because the real victims were the uninformed gamers. And it wouldn't be fair to delete an item a player spent all their ingame gold on. So they turned their focus to the actual dupers.

Thats probably why none of the shrouds, vinecords, etc, will most likely never get deleted, unless your a moron with a chest full of them. Instead EA may one day step up to the plate and nerf it all by adding more items that are similar or better than the said items.

The whole point is, if there were thousands of these items going around, they'd be everywhere just like the changeling dupes were, or they'd be sitting in flames and rubble already.

I

imported_Riply

Your getting me hungry for marshmellows, I'm going to have to buy some from the Grocery store tonight and warm them up on the barbaque. Still a little to cold to wear my sandles outside while I'm cooking them

G

Rip, come see me again on Napa, I have plenty of marshmellows for ya

U

Ultima83

Lol these arguments are always so amazingly silly.. I wonder to myself daily how some people can honestly sit here and get all bent out of shape over video games.. its silly