• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Storyline elements missing thus far...

• Thread starter A Wabderubg Soul
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

A Wabderubg Soul

First of all U5 WoD was/is my favorite game ever on any platform... That being said, there are many pieces of the puzzle that have not yet been implemented. I dont believe we have even begun re-living the events of U5 yet. I think we are still stuck in the nexus between U4 and U5. Why do I say this?
Well...

The complete annihilation of Magincia occurred in Oct last year. But that occurred even before the storyline of U4 QoA. And by the time WoD begins, Magincia had already been rebuilt as New Magincia.
During the events of U4, the would-be Avatar had to collect the three sigils of Principle; The Book of Truth, The Candle of Love, AND (here is the kicker) The Bell of Courage. The two former, have already been introduced to UO, but the latter has yet to be spoken of.
At the end of U4 the newly dubbed Avatar lays eyes on the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom. In turn led to the Codex being raised to the surface of Britannia, leaving behind a gaping hole under the surface. During this epic event, a new larger dungeon was born, The Stygian Abyss. (known as the dungeon Doom in U5).
After a period of time the virtues were corrupted and the shadowlords began the subjugation of the eight towns of Virtue.
I presume these strangers and their leader are the harbingers of the true shadowlords. Which should attack friendly cities on each shard. This is yet to occur, and whether or not it does is left to the event directors. I am not sure how accurately they intend to follow the storyline of the games, but here is an interesting perspective... The Guardian was created at the moment the Hero became the Avatar at the conclusion of U4.
Chew on it, think and give me your perspective.
"Great Lakes, because other servers have mediocre lakes."

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I presume these strangers and their leader are the harbingers of the true shadowlords. Which should attack friendly cities on each shard.
I believe it is more likely that the Strangers are going to be a group that appear to be evil, but are against the Shadowlords. The story could have been referencing any number of people, however, as the human the Strangers dont' much like... time will tell.

The Vanguards are almost definitely on the side of the Shadowlords, however.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting, I don't remember much of the Ultima single-player games, I was young when I first played them, and haven't been able to play any but IX (which was one of my least favorites) for years, let a friend borrow them and never saw them again... But you do raise an interesting point of us not even having started U5 yet. And also it's interesting thinking about what will go on in the future without the Guardian, as we have no Avatar...

A

A Wabderubg Soul

When UO started following the timeline of U4 and U5, I went back and quickly went thru the original games from 4 on. This is no small task, I had to download a bunch of different dos emulator programs and and XP compatability programs. Bottom line is you can find all the games from Alkalabeth thru U8 Pagan on the net. It is widely avalible because it's copyrights have been abandoned. I suggest you search on abandonia.com. They have docs, maps and assist programs.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You know, it's a lot easier to subscribe to Gametap for $10 a month - they've had Ultima I-VI as games for about a year now (plus about 1000 other games).

C

Corwin

Pfft....
UO is alternative to U1-9. It has to be. The stranger that would become the avatar had eight virtues to work with.

We only have five...

S

Sebrina

You know, it's a lot easier to subscribe to Gametap for $10 a month - they've had Ultima I-VI as games for about a year now (plus about 1000 other games).
:thumbup1:

Thanks for that Basara! I've been wanting to go back and follow the history-line for several years now, and sort of gave up a couple of years ago. It's a big deal to me though, since I want to know the details and I work with the many libraries and historians on our shard.

I believe that it has been difficult for many players to really get involved with some of the current and progressing scenario, (as roleplayers,) for simple lack of understanding some of the background plot. With an overview of the Ultima games 1-9, I can be of aid with some of my reporting for my shard.

We have a extensive roleplaying towns, guilds, and individuals who are looking for clues on how to "get it in-gear."

I never liked the point A to point Z individual games, and never played them, because I was playing (open-ended) scenarios with AD&D at the time. I was even first opposed to getting into UO, at first, because of that. Yet, if those games give a decent overlay of possible future events, I need to get a crash course.

Thanks

E

Emil IsTemp

Could the strangers be the FOA incarnate? From what I remember, the FOA was hell-bent on destroying the world and everything in it, not filling it with evil creatures like the SLs wish to do..

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe it is more likely that the Strangers are going to be a group that appear to be evil, but are against the Shadowlords. The story could have been referencing any number of people, however, as the human the Strangers dont' much like... time will tell.

The Vanguards are almost definitely on the side of the Shadowlords, however.
maybe they fry us because we get in the way of their "we have cooler spells and can do it better than you" attitude? Maybe if we leave them alo- oh wait...that wont happen...