• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Story Time

Lady Akeeta

Crazy Cat Lady
Stratics Veteran
We started the night with an old tradition. Bennu had his cognac, and we drank whatever we had on hand. He was having a hard time getting started, so we began a few minutes late. He began to tell us a story of his Uo life and career.
In 1998 he began playing on the Lake Superior shard. He alluded to some bad things he had done, but would not talk about. Mentions jokingly, the harm wand slaughters. Eventually, on the shard, he was made a seer.
He say he needs to be cured of his demons, and it will require a special spell; a spell containing 8 words. We were to accompany him, exploring his past, to learn those magical words.
It all began in Magincia, before it was leveled. He had a large sandstone house, which included a pool. Or was it the birthplace of Lord Arrion Wellington?
Next we were shown his first home on Atlantic, which was in a cave. Or was it Claudia Raym's?
We went to what he called the center of the world, Serpent Cross Tavern. Everyone ended up here at one time or another- RP'ers, PVP'ers, PK'ers- for a drink and a good time!
When he entered the EM program, he began as a zealot! There would be no cheating, no scamming!
So next we find ourselves at New Magincia, after it was leveled, where he tells us of a boy named Addie. He was a child lost in time, that was found wandering the ruins of Magincia before it was rebuilt.
Altho he loved this story line, he did not create it. The community so loved the idea of raising this young boy, that it took on a life of its own. He tells that this was his favorite memory as an EM.
Lastly, we ended up at Lord Blackthorn's Castle where he played us a song saying his last goodbye.
An Ex Mani Uus Vas Rel In Zul, these magic words.
A song to say goodbye.

"I am just a poor boy, Though my story's seldom told
I have squandered my talents, For a pocket full of stories such are promises...
All lies and jests, Still a man hears what he wants to hear, And disregards the rest.

When I left my home and my family I was no more than a boy
In the company of strangers behind the bank of Ocllo running scared
Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters
Where the ragged people go, Looking for the places only they would know

Lie la lie...
la la la la la...
la la lie ...

Asking only EM's wages...
I came looking for a job... But I got no offers,
Just a come-on from the roleplayers in Rivendell.
I do declare, there were times when I was so lonesome, I took some comfort there.

Lie la lie...
la la la la la...
la la lie ...

Then I'm laying out my winter clothes, And wishing I was gone
Going home, Where the Moonglow winters aren't bleeding me
Bleeding me, going home

In the clearing stands the Bennu, And an EM by his trade
And he carries the reminders, Of ev'ry wicked tongue that layed him down
Or wounded him till he cried out, In his anger and his shame.
"I am leaving, I am leaving"
But the storyteller still remains...

Lie la lie...
la la la la la...
la la lie ..."
He leaves with a song in his heart, and a tear in his eye.
God speed Bennu. We will miss you.

Personal info on Bennu. He was a seer for 3 years, an EM for 7 years 4 months, and did the same job on EVE Online for a year. 25299814_2008388386110591_6546639524386029648_o.jpg

Last edited:

Christmas Elves

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Why! Why! WHY! She could hear those words screaming in her head over and over like a never ending stream of sound. She paced back and forth trying to concentrate on the holiday season and the work that had to be done.

She could not believe all she had heard in the last few hours, one of the best people she had ever met was being called away. Mumbling while she tried to finish her work on the event books, tears rolling down her cheek, she tried to think of some magic potion she could make to make him stay. Surely he knew that he was loved, surely he knew he was needed, how could he not know!

She dropped everything on the floor and stumped her feet in anger, No he can not go! She rushed off slamming the door on the way out in search of an answer. She stopped by the river and gazed upon the still cold waters, pulling a pen and paper out of her pocket and began to write a letter to Santa.

Dear Santa.

All I want for Christmas this year is for all to be Home, Happy and Safe!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Damn...

Saw his post on Facebook and was hoping it was merely some sort of fiction instead of him moving on to bigger and hopefully better things. His creativity will be missed and very difficult to replace.