• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Storing Bod books on vendors?

G

I have seen as I wander around bod books on vendors without prices being set. Is this a legal or good way to store your Bod Books? Why do they take up more than a 1 count when locked down or in a chest?

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A completely full BOD book takes up 101 lockdowns. That's better than the 500 lockdowns BODs took before books.

Storing them on vendors is perfectly legal. It's been stated by the devs a gazillion times.

I keep most of my BODs that are on vendors priced. There are still a lot of ones that are not priced but I'll usually put a price on one if asked or I'll accept a trade for it.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any tips for storing bods on vendors? I really need to do this since I've run out of room but afraid of doing something stupid and losing all my bods. I assume that if the vendor runs out of gold, the bods get deleted?

Thanks in advance

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the vendor were to run out of gold all it's items simply go to the house's moving crate to be reclaimed. Also BOD books cost almost nothing to keep on a vendor even when fully priced with expensive BODs. With nothing but BOD books only, a vendor only charges a fee of 60 gp per day so 5k will get you almost 3 months of vendor fees.

As for storing BODs on a vendor, it's simple. Put a BOD book with unpriced BODs onto a vendor and press 'esc' so as to not put a price on the book. Be sure you do this otherwise the entire book can be purchased.

I'm usually extra double careful and press 'esc' a couple times when placing the books back onto my vendor. Then I mouse over the book to check it's properties and make sure it's "not for sale." I have however, twice that I can remember, opened up a vendor's backpack to discover a book missing. Luckily it was only low level reward BODs both times.

Any BODs that aren't priced cannot be purchased from the book and as long as you pressed 'esc' when you put the book into your vendor's pack the book cannot be purchased either.

I have 28+ BOD vendors and 4 vendors used just for storage in between restocking. Before BOD books and storing on vendors, the BODs on those 4 vendors alone used to take up nearly 2000 lockdowns.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tips! Ok I'm going to give this a shot. Right now I'm using about 1600 lockdowns towards bods and I've been waiting for the upcoming publish to turn in completed ones. They pile up fast and freeing up that mcuh space is really going to help.

I

imported_weins201

One used to place vendors in houses so poeple coudn't get at them to purchase items. It was a violation of mechanics to get more storage. I think they didi change it so vendors take up storage space if i remember correctly but am not sure. But it is a violation of game mechanics ro use vendors for storage abouvef the houses limit? I am not posisitive but I thikn this is how it is suposed to be.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not a violation to put bod books on vendors and set them to
"not for sale." Apparently it's a feature to let players browse another person's bods without being able to buy them. I used to think this was frowned upon but this article clarifies things:
http://guide.uo.com/miscellaneous_9.html

<blockquote><hr>

To price a deed while in a book:
A deed can be priced by clicking on a corresponding price button next to a deed on a page of the BOD list gump. The deed must be in a player’s backpack. This will cause the BOD list gump to close and reopen on the same page the user was viewing.

Note: By choosing to set a price on individual BODs or on the BOD book itself, players can choose to sell either the whole book as one item, to sell only individual BODs out of that book, or to sell nothing and simply keep the book on display for other players to browse.

[/ QUOTE ]