• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] stones

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1500+ digs = 253 stones
500 digs = 62 stones

just started digging for only stone and this seems like an awfully low return rate, is it normal or am I doing something wrong?

if it's normal then the only consolation here is that I don't have to move around as much
o.0

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There also now tools you can get as (Smith?) BOD rewards, that allow mining specifically for granite, once you've read the book., which is what I'm assuming that DevilsOwn is using.

On the bright side, granite now weighs only 1 stone per, instead of the 10 per it used to weigh.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There also now tools you can get as (Smith?) BOD rewards, that allow mining specifically for granite, once you've read the book., which is what I'm assuming that DevilsOwn is using.

On the bright side, granite now weighs only 1 stone per, instead of the 10 per it used to weigh.
can set my shovel for granite only, do you mean there are tools that mine them better (giving a better yield)? I know there's those maps that are good for a set time, but honestly, not sure I can mine for 24 hours straight.... who ever thought that was a good thing, yikes

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okay, confusion cleared - there are rock hammers, which I never before paid attention to at all...... so, last question for this: there's a tinker reward rock hammer and a blacksmith reward, is there any difference between the two? (I know there's a better one at the in-game store, haven't yet looked at price)

and thanks for the help!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe the tinker and blacksmith BOD rewards are the same.