• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Stonecrafting Gargoyle Stone Suit for Dexer Thrower

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gathered up some runic chisels and was wondering what is the best package to choose from to get good mods. I'd like to make a suit with HPI, Mana Inc, Stam Inc, LMC, and all 70's resists. So which hammer should I use and what package do I choose.

Has anyone built a really nice suit out of stone with runic mallets?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well, the principle for building stone is exactly the same as for building out of metal, with respect to runics.

The thing that makes your job easier is that you don't want anything out of the ordinary: all those properties can be imbued.

I think that before I start making a suit, its valuable to think about the template that I am going to put this suit on. For instance, a wraith form dexxer can get away with having only, say, 50 mana, whereas if you're running 100% HML as a sampire, you want a bit more. The difference being that the wrait will leech (for example) 20% of mana on every hit, whereas 100% HML leeches a random % between 0 and 30%. A template reliant on HML should have a bit more mana built into the suit to weather the unpredictable nature of HML vs Wraith Leech.

Also, it's worth looking at what type of jewelry you have at your disposal. Do you have 20 SSI on jewels? Do your jewels also have other useful stats? Depending, again, on template with 20 SSI on jewels, you might not really need much stam on the rest of the suit.

Since you've told me otherwise that you want to run 210 stamina, you're going to need to use a copper tool, choose 1 title [animated/haste], and hope, according to Semmerset's charts you can get 10 stam without needing to use Powerful. You'll also need at least 1 stam elsewhere, so you have 211 - otherwise I believe if you move, you'll always be at 209/210.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, the principle for building stone is exactly the same as for building out of metal, with respect to runics.

The thing that makes your job easier is that you don't want anything out of the ordinary: all those properties can be imbued.

I think that before I start making a suit, its valuable to think about the template that I am going to put this suit on. For instance, a wraith form dexxer can get away with having only, say, 50 mana, whereas if you're running 100% HML as a sampire, you want a bit more. The difference being that the wrait will leech (for example) 20% of mana on every hit, whereas 100% HML leeches a random % between 0 and 30%. A template reliant on HML should have a bit more mana built into the suit to weather the unpredictable nature of HML vs Wraith Leech.

Also, it's worth looking at what type of jewelry you have at your disposal. Do you have 20 SSI on jewels? Do your jewels also have other useful stats? Depending, again, on template with 20 SSI on jewels, you might not really need much stam on the rest of the suit.

Since you've told me otherwise that you want to run 210 stamina, you're going to need to use a copper tool, choose 1 title [animated/haste], and hope, according to Semmerset's charts you can get 10 stam without needing to use Powerful. You'll also need at least 1 stam elsewhere, so you have 211 - otherwise I believe if you move, you'll always be at 209/210.
With the mallets having so few charges, and the randomness of the drop. Would I be best suited to just use powerful reforge and no choices and roll for a random addition, or take my chances with more charges choosing haste package? I wonder if mallets are on test!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, as people repeatedly find out the hard way, you can't enhance necklaces.

So base your necklace choice on getting what you can from reforging and imbuing alone, or start with a really good looted necklace. I've seen so many necklaces to work with from T-maps that if I had a gargoyle (I don't), I'd probably even consider antique necklaces as I get enough of them that I could replace them quicker than wearing them out.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what do you want to get from reforging?
210 Stamina is the ultimate goal, with 55 lmc, 25 hpi and 32 mana increase, as well as 70's resists.

@Basara, I thought you could reforge amulets?
Carpentry
  • nunchaku
Masonry
  • Gargish Stone Amulet
Blacksmith
  • Smith Hammer
  • Sledge Hammer
  • Pick Axe
  • Pitchfork
  • Butcher Knife
  • Cleaver
  • Skinning Knife
  • Hatchet
  • Gargish Necklace
  • Gargish Glasses
  • Gargish Amulet
  • Gargish Earrings

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
both variants are ok though results are slightly different
just go to TC and choose which one suits you more
i think in your case without 'powerful' would be better

Rob

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm building a stone dexer suit - Glad I read this to learn about the amulet not being enhanced.

My question is now - I was planning a 180 + suit ... But --- 210 + 60 SSI to hit 1.25 on the soul glaive seems tough. 30 on weapon 2x 10 SSI rings 5 from ranger cloak - you getting rest from a helm?

Walk me thru this please so I consider if I want to spend the time/funds making it 210 instead.

Whats the dps from 1.5 to 1.25

Last edited:

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm building a stone dexer suit - Glad I read this to learn about the amulet not being enhanced.

My question is now - I was planning a 180 + suit ... But --- 210 + 60 SSI to hit 1.25 on the soul glaive seems tough. 30 on weapon 2x 10 SSI rings 5 from ranger cloak - you getting rest from a helm?

Walk me thru this please so I consider if I want to spend the time/funds making it 210 instead.

I've abandoned building this suit as the one I have works just fine for my needs and I don't spend much time playing my thrower, except for certain hunts. I'm focusing all of my time right now on luck suits.

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

210 Stam is 150 Dex + 6*10 stam pieces. The Swing Speed Calculator says that 55 SSI is sufficient to throw a soul glaive at 1.25 with 210 stam, so if you reforge a Soul Glaive to 40ssi, you only need 15 additional ssi on your suit. I've accomplished this two ways:

Reforged 10 Stam Legs, Chest, Kilt, Arms, Amulet, Earrings, 40SSI weapon, 5 SSI per jewel and 5 SSI town bonus (could add ranger's/warden's cloak to hit 60ssi)
Reforged 10 Stam Legs, Kilt, Arms, Amulet, Earrings, Breastplate of the Berserker (10ssi), 40SSI weapon, 5 stam per jewel, 5 SSI town bonus (again, can add cloak)

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Wouldn't it be ideal to have as little SSI on the weapon as possible for better leeches on the weapon?

Fusilli Zaitsev

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wouldn't it be ideal to have as little SSI on the weapon as possible for better leeches on the weapon?
Yes, though this build was meant for pvp. With 10SSI on each jewel, Berserker's Breastplate, Warden Cloak, and town bonus, I believe the best you could do for a garg is 40ssi on the suit. You would need 5 stam on each jewel and 10 stam on every other piece to be max stam, but without another 20ssi on the weapon you'd still be firing at 1.5.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
iam trying to build the same but i dont got all pieces by now, i just tried to to some testing on TC but i dont find granite or runic tools for stone. is there another command for them?