• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stone Oven placement :(

K

Kiwillian

How can I place one of these? I'd rather like to have one in my nice new house but I cannot figure out the placement rules. I checked here:

http://www.uoguide.com/Stone_Oven

But I'm not sure what qualifies as a "roof" or how to get around it. Any tips? Can I place it on lower floors or just on the top one? I tried every floor except the 4th/roof (which is a garden, so yeah). Help! :blushing:

F

feath

I just ran across the same problem. It wont fit with a floor or roof over it.
not sure what kind of house you have. if it's a customable one, just delete the floor above the oven, or leave a hole in the roof, where the oven can poke out.
if you have a tower/keep/castle, then its got to go in an area with no floor above it.
I ended up using the elven oven, as where i wanted to place the oven wouldn't take the stone one

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
inside Ashyn's stone kitchen tutorial are instructions for getting a stone oven to sit under a floor/roof above it, might want to take a peek there ~~ and good luck!

K

Kiwillian

^^ I'll check that too. Thanks.

Thanks! I'll see if I can find a spot where I can delete some floor tiles above it. I'll report back with my success or lack there of :)

K

Kiwillian

That stone kitchen tutorial makes my head spin :(

I did find that if you remove some floor tiles above it seems to work, need to try it some more as I removed 2x2 which looked horrible. Hopefully 1x2 works. I can't really find a spot to put it atm though.

K

Kiwillian

1x2 works fine. A little ugly since there is a small gap, but otherwise fine. Yay!

L

Lord Drakelord

used to have the stone oven here at the THB LP house, but replaced it for the token fireplace a while back. Still we had the roof in mind when we did the oven long ago.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
should turn that chimney area into a HUGE planter, Lord Drakelord :)

use the deco tool on that guildstone so it sets a bit more in center?

T

T_Amon_from_work

Pardon the nekkid house ... deco is hard between 12-hour shifts.

Hearth of the Homefire facing east.

Next floor - made a flue from the stone wall pieces. Note the tapestry hung on S end?

Roof treatment ... one piece makes it look sort of ugly. But it works! These are the half-wall pieces of the same stone as the flue.

L

Lord Drakelord

should turn that chimney area into a HUGE planter, Lord Drakelord :)

use the deco tool on that guildstone so it sets a bit more in center?
Just might do that with a few of the news plants I been reading about, and we moved the guild stone, no clue why it was not center as we remember it being placed center on the altar stone.