• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stone Cache/Obelisk Not Working

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I had a spare so gave it to my friend...set it up and it works just fine.

Fast forward...this was a few months ago, I have mine that I never set up. Another guildie got one and wanted me to set his up...doesn't work, keeps saying the obelisk is incomplete.

Tried with his AND mine, yes I know how to put them together...neither is working.

Did maybe a previous patch or something with this upcoming patch maybe break them?

If anyone happens to have one that's NOT up, can you try putting it up to see if it works? If you have one up, DO NOT take it down just in case because like I said the one I put up a few months ago works fine...he even moved it and broke it ;) and I had to fix it and it works just fine.

I've tried putting up TWO different ones today with no luck.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i just tried one its not working maybe i built it wrong but if i remember correctly the obelisk tip worked on its own before

whats the process to set it up ?

edit i just clicked it now it works i did all 9 of them :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I stuck all the pieces in a pouch and chopped it. Raised them up some. The Obelisk tip would not raise to the top without a Ladder.

1647727299842.png

But it works:
1647727330986.png

Must be operator error. :devil:

Last edited:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just took one out of storage and set it up with no issues as well

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The tip is supposed to go behind it...maybe it's just Origin because of the upcoming events? Because I like I said I set one up a few months ago, didn't need a ladder! :/ and it works fine, today I tried 2 and neither work...someone try on Origin?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1647731269825.png

Built correctly

This is the one I did a few months ago that works fine

1647731315042.png

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
OMG ive had this thing since the original invasion had no idea it did anything, thought it was just for decor, now im goin to have to go set mine up.
during the 20th city invasions
it put titan slayer on your spellbook or weapon
it made it lot easier to take them down.
(on Sonoma, a few times there were only about 3 people
there to battle the titans. this made it easier)

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn’t need a ladder to build it
Put all the pieces down except for the block raised them drop the block in place clicked the tip it worked all of them worked in a co-owned house
I’m on Pac

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The tip is supposed to go behind it...
I put all the pieces in a pouch and chopped it. Maybe that is why yours does not work. The tip is not on the same Square. It will raise with a ladder and go to the top.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I never used the pouch trick and I can get them to work just fine....like I said in my original post I put one up two months ago that works just fine. The TWO I tried to put up today do not work...it's not user error......something broke them....unless one of ya'll is on Origin.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only piece you need is the obelisk to work after you click on it it starts moving
The rest is just deco
That’s how it use to work I’m not at my computer to test it now

edit just tried without other parts didn't work

Last edited:

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I have taken it apart and put it back together 10 times now..something broke it. I know it's an XY Axis thing or ZY or whatever...I know the tip goes behind the rest of it...I know how to put it together I have done it a million times...I am asking if anyone on ORIGIN or someone who can come to Origin..I have asked a few people to help but they weren't there during the event even though I explain to them how to do it it's not working and I just want to confirm that.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Try putting the tip down first raise it to max then other pieces up then drop the block under the pieces

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's what I do...like I have said...I've put them together before....I did a few months ago...I even did the bag trick this time....tried everything, it's not working....I just want someone ON ORIGIN lol :/ it's all good...I'll send an email.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Larisa, I have one set up on Origin. It's been set up since we were able to get them. However, I can't remember (or never knew) how to get it to do what Pawain's post shows. Send me a message and let me know how I can help.

Edited: I found some info on how to make it work and just tried it. It worked. Let me know if you need to use it.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How did you do this? I would like to see if the one I've had set up on Origin still works but don't remember what you did with it. Thanks.
Set security on the green tip so anyone can use. Dbl Clk it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks. Got it to work. It put the "Pagan Titan Slayer" property on a spellbook my character was holding.
Was this on Origin? And did you take it apart and put it back together?

So we can Laugh a Larissa.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No it's really not funny...I know how to put it together...I did one a few months ago...I am doing it correctly. The one I set up not TWO months ago works just fine....I just tried setting up TWO today and neither work...and I am doing it correctly, obviously I know how.

It's fine maybe mine are broke.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just to reiterate...

This is the one I set up TWICE about 2 months ago

1647758134241.png

This is one of the ones I am trying to put together today.
1647758349381.png
And it keeps saying it's incomplete.

As you can see, I know how to put them together....

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I've raised and lowered every piece....the first one I put together in like 2 minutes lol..TWICE! Nothing works...on either one of them. Not happy :/

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was this on Origin? And did you take it apart and put it back together?

So we can Laugh a Larissa.
I put mine together when they first came apart. After seeing the troubles Larisa is having, I'm not going to take it apart and rebuild it as an experiment. And as far as laughing at someone else's misfortune/frustrations, that's not my style. Hopefully she'll get an answer as to what's going wrong and be able to put one together that's functional.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
mine has been setting in chest for years, after reading this post and discovereing it does something i went and put mine up and it works, my spell book now has pagan titan slayer on it for the next 24 hours, by chance anyone know where i can find a pagan titan :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
mine has been setting in chest for years, after reading this post and discovereing it does something i went and put mine up and it works, my spell book now has pagan titan slayer on it for the next 24 hours, by chance anyone know where i can find a pagan titan :)
we killed them all.
but you can get a miniature statuette of them to commemorate them die'n!

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't know if that will help. I tried at my friends castle in two different locations, my castle in two different locations then I took it to my OTHER castle and tried there..it's just not working :/ I'm frustrated beyond belief lol.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I don't know if that will help. I tried at my friends castle in two different locations, my castle in two different locations then I took it to my OTHER castle and tried there..it's just not working :/ I'm frustrated beyond belief lol.
What if someone else places it for you? Maybe it's your set (or maybe your char is bugged)?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Archangel0 built one on Origin and it works.

Case closed. They work, just not for one player apparently.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This the kinda sugar troll BS i refer to
Why is that sugar troll? I dismounted mine to see if the problem is shard-wide, at my own risk of possibly screwing my obelisk up (which would be no small issue seeing as it is my castle's centerpiece), all just to try and help find the issue? How on earth would that be trolling, sugar or bitter? your comment seems more trollie! :twak:

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This the kinda sugar troll BS i refer to
Sorry, I tell it like it is. These were built by a few players and only one player can not make theirs work. And I asked a player to build one on Origin.

What part of that post is not correct?

I do not know how to word it less to the point. I like Larissa so it's not like I want to be mean.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why is that sugar troll? I dismounted mine to see if it was shar-wise, at my own risk of possibly screwing my obelisk up, just to try and help find the issue? How on earth would that be trolling, suger or bitter? :twak:
He was talking about me.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Archangel0 built one on Origin and it works.

Case closed. They work, just not for one player apparently.
Not really cased closed when it might just be Larisa's set OR it might be her. Someone else setting up her set would eliminate the issue being her set.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I tried with my set and my friends set. I can't see both of them being broken. The one I set up 2 months ago was also mine and works just fine :/

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not really cased closed when it might just be Larisa's set OR it might be her. Someone else setting up her set would eliminate the issue being her set.
You can make a toon on Origin if you do not have one. No skill is required to do deco. She was told to call a GM since there have been tests confirming others can build them on Origin and they work there.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can make a toon on Origin if you do not have one. No skill is required to do deco. She was told to call a GM since there have been tests confirming others can build them on Origin and they work there.
You sound a lot like I think Misk probably tests things (when he actually does) on TC1.

*Opens potion vat* "Well I don't have any issues with this item so there obviously aren't any. If anyone else has a problem it's obviously them and they will need to page a GM to figure out. Welp my job is done for the day!" *logs off*

Fact of the matter is that this thought process is exactly why things don't get resolved and why users literally need to provide step by step instructions AND show them half the time how to reproduce it. In a single word; it's just laziness. It's also a bit arrogant too that you think you can deem something closed because 2 people on here posted they don't have an issue with their relics.

@Larisa - Have you tried creating a new toon (or letting your friend do it) and trying it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Keven2002 you and others are welcome to do testing if you do not like my findings and others who built and tested them.

Would be faster if she would call a GM and have him build it and see what he thinks.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm sorry but they are. I have built and rebuilt these over and over with no issues.... it's fine. I will let this thread die along with my obelisks lol

Sellingahouse

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look at the breath of air and tongue of flames. in top one your breath of air is higher , it is over the short part of flame. in your bottom one that works the breaht of air is lower than the short part of of the flame.

Last edited:

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I rebuild mine today using this method. First placed the gem on a tile and locked it down. Then I locked down rest of the pieces on the tile in front of it except cache. Raised all pices except gem 3 times then add cache under them. It worked fine.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Personal jabs suggesting user err
@Keven2002 you and others are welcome to do testing if you do not like my findings and others who built and tested them.

Would be faster if she would call a GM and have him build it and see what he thinks.
See it's sugar trolling when you tested and gave your results now you simply keep implying someone else at fault and insulting the OP is it because you get angry when others question your results could it be possible that the great paddy cakes is wrong.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope.

She should call a GM as I stated. We have shown they work for any others who built them.

It is time for a GM to fix what is wrong with her toon.

There are toon or account specific issues every day that GMs fix.

If anyone happens to have one that's NOT up, can you try putting it up to see if it works? If you have one up, DO NOT take it down just in case because like I said the one I put up a few months ago works fine...he even moved it and broke it ;) and I had to fix it and it works just fine.
Players did what she asked of us and reported results. Maybe I have a saltier tongue than others.

Last edited:

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personal jabs suggesting user err
See it's sugar trolling when you tested and gave your results now you simply keep implying someone else at fault and insulting the OP is it because you get angry when others question your results could it be possible that the great paddy cakes is wrong.
I dunno what's wrong with her's but I did dismantle and reassembled mine on Origin, and it worked.

Nicnivin

Visitor
@Larisa I have set up an Obelisk in my house two weeks ago and it also did not work. Then, after reading this, I remembered that I had two "Heart of Earth" in the bag. After switching them the tip suddenly started bobbing and doubleclicking worked fine.

Maybe you have mixed parts from different sets? I know that quested more parts with another account after finishing the set, because I wanted a "Tongue of Flames" for deco purposes. I did not switch these to see if it stops working again, but my guess is that you can't mix pieces you got with different accounts.

Maybe someone else can try to reproduce this? And I hope you find your fitting pieces to set it up again.