• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stone Boots broken?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just noticed this today as I was at a Mephitis spawn, hit my usual macro to attempt to equip Stone Gargoyle boots as I am sure most do to remove the stun and of course the boots just drop straight back into your pack.

Well, what I immediately noticed was; the boots still do their job but they completely suppress your Special Moves indefinately with the message 'You cannot perform this special move right now'

The only way I have found to enable specials again is to equip a normal set of stone boots and remove them or leave the sub server after which you can use Specials again.
Your specials remain suppressed until you do one of those, even logging in/out did not unlock them.

Anyone else came across this issue (I use CC as it happens). It can be replicated anywhere if you want to test. Spellcasting from what little I tested seems to be unaffected.

As to whether this is a bug or not is questionable as I don't think the boots were ever intended to be used this way but it is sure a nuisance now!

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Maybe it is working as intended now.
the boots weren't meant to be used to completely negate a boss's stun mechanic in the first place.
Was also my thought which then beggars the question, what were they meant to provide? Just deco?

Intended or not, they still work in exactly the same way they did before, it simply completely disables weapon special moves. Any other temp is completely unaffected.

Last edited:

Jon

Adventurer
So I ran into this as well what I have to do now say in navery is use stone shoes for the character race you are useing. So now you actually put them on then take them off vs putting on Gargish ones and they coming off on there own

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I ran into this as well what I have to do now say in navery is use stone shoes for the character race you are useing. So now you actually put them on then take them off vs putting on Gargish ones and they coming off on there own
Yes, that is what I do for Navery now, albeit a slight inconvenience. Mephitis still causes issues and subsequently I avoid Meph spawn now.

With Mephitis, she webs you and then teleports you shortly after. I found that if you get caught 'mid drag' taking the boots off when she teleports you, the boots go into limbo. That is to say, you can not see them in your pack, nor can you see them on your paperdoll but they remain equipped and you remain fixed in place, doesn't always happen but when it does, you're dead!

The most annoying factor is that this only affects warrior specials. All casters can continue to use the opposite race boots and have them drop off by themselves and their casting is unaffected.