• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stolen account =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Funslice

Hey guys and girls,

I don't post here regularly but I have been playing UO for about 5 years. My main is An Mani, or Cook Munch. Well here lately I was able to finally sell a lot of the useless items I have acquired over the years and made quite a bit of gold. I bought Inquisitors Resolution, Crystalline rings, and a couple other arties for my mage. Well some guy named "Ayeko" stole my account somehow. Not sure really how because my password is pretty complex and I have never told anyone my account information. I had my character sitting at Luna Bank while I was at a fair. I didn't think about logging off. When I got back it was late so I didn't think anything of the fact that my character was logged on. My house was demolished and replaced empty, I am still unable to access my account because of the password change and I do not know what email is even used. It seems he stripped my most expensive character and deleted my house. Well... I really don't know why I'm posting, but maybe someone knows this Ayeko? Its not a character name I already checked, maybe an account name? Or something he/she goes by? But oh well. I got owned.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that happened to me too, about 2 weeks ago, on napa. stripped account and they dropped my house. i'm on napa. and criminal, also on napa, had the same thing happen 3 days after me - they stripped his account and dropped his house. thankfully our chars weren't deleted, but it still totally sucks. i'm sorry they got you too. we don't know how theyr'e doing it either. i never gave any of my account information - not even account name - to anyone. thankfully he and i were able to get our accounts back by calling ea - they have to verify the credit card you paid with and you can get it back. have you called them yet?

F

Funslice

I can't call them yet because they do not work on the weekends. I will call this Monday. I just hope they have the decency not to delete my characters. This is horrible, you would think they wouldn't be able to do this since the account name is hidden. Well thanks for your understanding, and I am sorry about your loss also.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i *think* mine got hacked via my yahoo email account - i was dumb and had the same email address for paypal as i did for the account that got hacked (my other 2 accounts have different email addresses and were thankfully not touched). i buy gold for cash sometimes, so i'm guessing someone i bought from was able to hack my email address. once they get into your email, they can do the "i forgot my UO password" thing and UO will send your account info to your email :(
have you ever bought gold or anything uo related from brokers or gold selling websites?

F

Funslice

Nope not once. I don't even use the same email for my account. Its real weird. I don't know what happened honestly.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would do a virus scan. Most accounts get hacked through trojans or someone hacking your email account.

How do you know this Ayeko person took your account?

F

Funslice

Ayeko made a house where my house was saying "Ayeko owns u irl" so I'm imagining thats him. I don't know really how it could of happened. I have done a couple scans with my Zone Alarms and nothing.

I

Ill Saint

That's really, really rotten. I don't have that much, but if you plan to get up and running again and need gear or gold, I'd be more than willing to do what I can to help you get back on your feet.

The people that do these kinds of things, deep down, must be very unhappy in life. Sad.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Aeyko guy is a well known scammer/exploiter on atlantic. He has been in many guilds and they have kicked him because he constantly screws over other members.

A

Aia

The Aeyko from atl sold his accounts a month or two ago and is no longer playing the game last I heard.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He supposedly sold his account but it was like 2 weeks ago. But if you know him you will know what I mean.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Aeyko guy is a well known scammer/exploiter on atlantic. He has been in many guilds and they have kicked him because he constantly screws over other members.

I've never once heard of Aeyko screwing people over, he was kicked out of guilds for being an egotistical racial bigot.

F

FenrirsFangs

Are you sure you didnt accidently strip yer own characters level yer house and sell it all while sleepwalking with psychic powers while you were at the fair? ...

Sorry, I think it sux too. So far nobody has bothered with my poor arse account but I'm not worth much. longshot, but maybe it was done through a KR bug with yer serial number. If they clone yer serial number somehow and mash it onto their account they might be able to use that to access yer house as if it were theirs and yer bank box the same way. If thats the case no one is safe because KR handsout our serial numbers like candy to anyone that wants to add you as a friend. The ramifications are very serious I think, Hypothetically speaking, they wouldn't even need your name and password if they can spoof your character to the server. maybe all it requires is that you be logged in SOMEWHERE and they make the server think that the commands are coming from you and going back to you. *cough*inside job*cough* or maybe im blowing smoke out me arse.

on a side note, I have met multiple people who deny being the same person even though they have the same name. might be someone else named aeyko or someone trying to throw off the hounds. Whats Aeyko mean? might just be a project A-ko fan lol.

L

Limlight

I've never once heard of Aeyko screwing people over, he was kicked out of guilds for being an egotistical racial bigot.
He was actually booted from his own guild UOMH because of scamming +20's from the guild fund.

He has basically bragged about hacking someone before...so this doesnt surprise me.

But its ok, because he is a New York Stock broker and he boxes irl and is ripped like Batman.
lol

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aeyko isn't smart enough to "hack" anyone. The real culprit probably pasted that on your house sign as a joke, (since nobody likes Aeyko, it could be anyone).

Sorry to hear that your account was hit, probably email. Always make sure the security questions on your email are not fact, but fiction.

For example: "What is your favorite pets name"? DO NOT answer "Fido" ( assuming this is your real pets name) instead set it to an obscure phrase like "fiber optic speaker carrots" that will make your email more secure.

Or just read your email providers FAQ on email security and you should be okay in the future.

In the end I'm guessing it was someone you knew somewhat closely that got you. NON - UOers generally don't hack or socially engineer UO accounts.

VERAL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My orginal account was hacked awhile back. The sad thing is they stripped everything off it and deleted all my chars.

F

Funslice

Well as for KR I do not use KR, 2d only. I looked up Ayeko immediately afterwards and found a few people on myspace and stuff like that but none of which had UO related objects on their pages. I'm not an expert but I can handle myself with computers pretty well.

As for the email I'm afraid that would probably be how this happened. As I do not even know what email is attached to my account. When I created this account 5 years ago I had my uncle do it for me. And I never thought to change the email account to my new emails as the years progressed. My own email accounts are very safe. But as for my uncles? Who knows.

One fear I have is that if this can happen so easily, and to multiple people then we are all at risk. And that fear makes me almost not want to play anymore.

The hardest part of finding out who really did this is the fact that I am so "un-social" in UO. I don't have many "friends" in UO and the few I do have know nothing about me. I don't give people my email accounts. Actually my email account is linked to my brother's girlfriend's account. Hopefully she changed that? My friends IRL that know my account stuff are not that kind of people (Uncle, Brother, and Brother's girlfriend). My ex? But honestly she couldn't crack my email if I gave her the password. So really its confusing and annoying. I would rather know it was my own mistake than have the thought that people can just steal your accounts from you being logged in at Luna.

I thank all of you for your supportive questions and comments. If I find out anything I will be updating you. When I get my account back (Should be tonight), I will most likely be changing a lot of things. With the help of my brother I may be able to suit up my mage. But I'm not even sure if I want to play anymore. Thanks for everything though. If you find out anymore about this Ayeko, information would be nice.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He was actually booted from his own guild UOMH because of scamming +20's from the guild fund.

He has basically bragged about hacking someone before...so this doesnt surprise me.

But its ok, because he is a New York Stock broker and he boxes irl and is ripped like Batman.
lol

He wasn't smart enough to hack anyone, this isn't in question & I should PK you for even believing it for one moment.

& He had the majority of his guild LEAVE, from what I remember, to join another guild.

M

Misanthrope/Blot

I know that he has bragged about hacking people on other message boards in the past. As far as him actually doing it, I dont know, but it certainly doesn't surprise me.

L

Limlight

I should PK you for even believing it for one moment.
I'd like to see you try...

*Pre-Cast Heal*
*Starts running like a mother...*

S

Synyster Gates_MT

I wouldnt doubt it for a second if aeyko hacked ura ccount. he is an extremely bad pvper. He hacks like an insane person. Worse thatn Slip-N-Slide if u know him, but He is pretty smart about computer stuff but sorry to here about ur account. Ive encountered him on TC1 and he his just such bad hacks no one else has a chance. But He has b-casted about hacking people bbefore so i dont deny it

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok this thread needs to go and should have already with the name calling. Remember gang, no naming names.

Thanks.
Oriana

Status
Not open for further replies.