• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Still stuck in Alliance Invite

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was really happy to read this on UOHerald:
Publish 53 May 28 2008 1:21PM CST
Bug Fixes:
Added a 15 minute timer for a guild to accept an alliance invite. This means guilds will no longer get stuck in "invite pending" mode. (For guilds in this situation now, once the publish goes live, GMs will be able to resolve the issue.)

So, this evening I paged a GM with a request to remove our guild from "invite pending" mode .. our guild has been stuck with this for months now. After waiting through the queue, I received the following canned message:

Greetings! This issue will require further investigation. As such, please report this to our Quality Assurance team via uo.com/mailBug.html or email [email protected] and submit a detailed report about your experience. This will include what you experienced, when, where, and under what circumstances. The information you submit will then be researched. However, please understand that no further correspondence will be sent to you.
Unfortunately, lost or stolen items cannot be replaced by GMs nor the QA team. Thank you again and take care.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Try:
The publish notes at uo.com say that: "For guilds in this situation now, once the publish goes live, GMs will be able to resolve the issue."
GM assistance required. Thank you

32 words 174 characters

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try:
The publish notes at uo.com say that: "For guilds in this situation now, once the publish goes live, GMs will be able to resolve the issue."
GM assistance required. Thank you

32 words 174 characters
And then she'll get a canned message saying that they don't know the nature of her problem because they don't know what the hell "this situation" is.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And then she'll get a canned message saying that they don't know the nature of her problem because they don't know what the hell "this situation" is.
ROOFLES! ugh, you made me spit me drink!

There is so much truth in that...you only have 26 chars left to state the issue!!! Help (4)(1 space)me(2)(1 space)please(5)(1space)guild(5)(1space)alliance(8) DOH! over the limit!!!!

F

Fayled Dhreams

:cool: ... considering the time sequence ... any more than what I suggested ... would have been a waste of bits and/or bytes ...
and infinitely more "helpful" than any other replies.(available for review above)

have your chuckles ...
as always ...
time will tell.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From experience, when the GMs are specifically authorized to fix a certain issue, they will only actually fix it about every other time.

In other words, page again. "UO.com says you can help resolve an issue where a guild is 'stuck' in an Alliance Invitation. I have such an issue; please help!!"

Is that within the character/word limit?

"My guild has a long-standing issue with being half-in and half-out of an alliance; UO.com says u can help!!"

-Galen's player

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:cool: ... considering the time sequence ... any more than what I suggested ... would have been a waste of bits and/or bytes ...
and infinitely more "helpful" than any other replies.(available for review above)

have your chuckles ...
as always ...
time will tell.
ugh...wasnt laughing at you fayled. just adding a bit o' truth to the response. its near impossible at times to recieve help without being a linguist when wording the help request. seen way too many pages from mates go unanswered due to this type of laziness on part of a GM. so hur hur if you wish me to laugh.

thats all...sorry I offended thee...

T

Thrand Graywolf

Honestly...with an issue that they are specifically required to fix, I would be sending an e-mail to their boss on that one. He apparently slept through whatever meeting they had where they were told how to fix it.

I

Ivan - MT

Well here's one for you on this very same topic.....Our guild is also "Still stuck in Alliance Invite" mode. I paged a GM this evening and was soon speaking with one who actually understood the problem and how to go about fixing it.

Only problem is the fix that went into the publish does NOT work. He tried 4 times to correct our alliance issue and couldn't get it to repair the problem.

He said he would forward this info along to those who work on this stuff.

This sure is disappointing news.....I was so excited to finally get this issue resolved with our guild and start a new Alliance finally. Guess that's all on hold again. I only hope they continue working on a fix for it and don't forget about it.:sad3:

T

Thrand Graywolf

Man...their QA has been horrible since the move to Virginia...

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paged again on the 'guild stuck in alliance invite' issue, and a GM did finally show up, and told me the request 'would be escalated to the next level'. The next morning I logged in and was still in the queue ... After a bit, I received a message from a GM saying the problem had been resolved. However, two days later, the guild is still stuck in alliance invite mode. It would appear there is a bug with the bug fix. :sad4:

I

Ivan - MT

Any chance of getting a comment from a Dev. on this broken bug fix in the past publish and if this will get fixed soon (again) and make it into a upcoming publish, or will it get forgot about?

Still waiting...and waiting...and waiting for our 1st Alliance.

Y

Yalp

Bumping back to front page.. this issue has gone on LONG enough...

I sent in bug report AND paged a GM.. 3 hours of waiting and I never got above 9 in the que!

LORD Yalp of Zento, CTDM

J

Jeremy

Sara, send me an email directly with the details, will ya? jdalberg AT ea DOT com