• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Still playing on Napa Val.ley?

• Thread starter Sysaro Rakshasa
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
S

Sysaro Rakshasa

Just wondering if anyone still plays UO on Napa Valley, the place seems desolate and most of the threads here are to sell items/accounts for RL $. If anyone still plays, I am looking for new friends.

Thanks

D

dielock

I still play every day. I have been on Napa since 2000. Played Great Lakes prior to that but did not like the maroons that played there. I moved to Napa and been here ever since. Won't leave Napa either.

S

Sysaro Rakshasa

Glad to hear that their are a few of us left. I started playing in '97 or '98, but ended up quiting for other MMORPGS. When I deployed to Iraq the internet connection was so slow, the only game I could play onine was UO. GM'd most of the trade skills, (connection was too slow to fight) :).

After I came home I quit again and started playing Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. But my family quit playing that in order to prepare for Warhammer Online. So I decided to start playing UO again.

Since I work full time for the Army, I don't get the chance to play alot but i would love to meet some new people and do some hunting.

My character names are:

Sysaro Rakshasa (Archery / Necromancer )
Alucard Dragoria ( Mage / Scribe / Cartographer )
Elrohir Cuthalon ( Blacksmith, Fletcher, Tinker, Carpenter )
Byron Grimm ( Fencer / Fisherman )
Cissero Valandil (Mage / Tamer )

My ICQ # is 24226226, hope to hear from you sometime. I would love to find some people to do the ML dungeons and Treasure Hunting. I do level 1 and 2s by myself, but can't do any beyond that.

Thanks

L

Loqucious

I've had my Fel vendor house open for 4 plus years and intend to run it till they close the servers. Come by and say hi, two screens west of the Brit moongate, you can't miss it.

G

Gunn4r

Hey I just started back up recently also...
might remember some of my old characters, Ulric Hawkins, Soken, or Fletch.

Looken for some new hunting buddies myself.

icq is 59-538-825

chars now are Static, Intelijence, Kaylee, Tenar (fencer/pally, tamer/mage, necro/mage, and swords/LJ)

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hiya been here 6 months and i have to say the peeps are here. we are all just spread out with all the events happening right now. Im in the Chaotic Creed guild and there to stay my characters are Gus of Llanowaar, Naruto Uzamaki, and will be working on a Krillin. those are my fighters. I do have a bowcrafter named after my guild Chaotic Creed. If u ever need anything feel free to ask. If i cant help my guildies may be able to help if the situation doesnt smell fishy! :)

S

Sysaro Rakshasa

I seem to remember Ulric Hawkins, but it's been a while.

One of my characters (Elrohir Cuthalon) is my crafter if anyone needs stuff, his skills are as follows:

GM Mage
GM Blacksmith (Working on Elder)
GM Bowcraft/Fletching
GM Mining
GM Lumberjack
GM Tinkering
GM Carpentry
Working on Tailoring now (I think my skill is in the 80s)

I use soul stones to transfer crafting skills around as needed :)

If anyone needs anything let me know.

N

Nibblets

Been playing on Napa since '98...yeah '98 and I don't plan on leaving any time soon. I admit that lately I've been on sporadically. 65-70 hour work weeks really kills my gaming time. Damn rl for intruding into my pixel world! 18310418 on IQC. Look me up if you ever need an extra body to fertilize the dirt with. :thumbup:

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm an oldbie (I started shortly after launch on Napa Valley) who played continuously until perhaps 9 months or so after the split of Felucca and Trammel. (When was that? Someone told me 2000 or 2001, but Wikipedia seems to put it at 2003, so I am not sure.)

Unlike most people who left I didn't leave for another MMORPG (we seemed to have a major hemorrhage over to Everquest, a game that never appealed to me on any level other than that most of my UO friends seemed to be going there) but just because it seemed like old UO I had loved was dead and replaced by a less social powergaming crowd.

I went several years without an MMORPG, eventually getting (very, very reluctantly) addicted to WOW after having the trial CD's literally forced on me by a friend and spending about 2 - 2 1/2 years there. I cancelled that subscription about 9 months ago. Like with UO, the real thing that held me there was the social networks that form in these kinds of games, as the game design itself left me painfully throbbingly nostalgic for UO in virtually every regard, from crafting to PvP.

I downloaded the new UO client and signed up for the 14 day trial period... I actually got a very nice welcome today (my first day back) and a lot of help from people who crowded around me for having the (young) title above my head. Most of them said I wouldn't be surprised at all the positive helpful attention if I knew how rare it was for new players to join Napa. (Even though I'm not technically new.) But I do find it incredibly depressing that, even compared to when I left (a time where it seemed like a lot of the life had drained out of the game and people mostly just logged in to decorate their houses or hit their power hour and then log off) the game seems absolutely gutted now. It was sad to run into about 5 people during 2 hours at the Britain bank on a weekend day. Even when I went to Luna (where everyone apparently congregates now) it really was nothing like the old days even at Trinsic's bank.. there were maybe 10-12 people there max at any given time. Kinda sad.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P.S. Loqucious, I left a book on your house's doorstep. Hopefully you log in before it decays. ;)

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm an oldbie (I started shortly after launch on Napa Valley) who played continuously until perhaps 9 months or so after the split of Felucca and Trammel. (When was that? Someone told me 2000 or 2001, but Wikipedia seems to put it at 2003, so I am not sure.) there were maybe 10-12 people there max at any given time. Kinda sad.

Yeah. But, hang in there. There is still lots of adventure out here to be had. Come around.

Tom_Builder

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still play almost everyday. I work graveyard so I'm on in the mornings. Look me up, I like doing all kinds of things and would welcome some company.

Absydian

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I might come back and have a look around, if I can find the proper CD's to reinstall the game. Not gonna D/L the entire client.