• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Still In Denial

E

elkhartware

I still find it hard to believe their shutting down a game that i have loved for over 3 years..., A little part of me hopes, it wil only be a temporay shut down, so they can reformat, and revamp the game without affecting the consumers... i still live in hopes that electronic arts will recreate the game into a newer and better version, in the future...

A

Aster

I still find it hard to believe their shutting down a game that i have loved for over 3 years..., A little part of me hopes, it wil only be a temporay shut down, so they can reformat, and revamp the game without affecting the consumers... i still live in hopes that electronic arts will recreate the game into a newer and better version, in the future...

You never know what will happen in the future. 3 years from now, we could all look around and find a whole new version of Sims with real people behind them in stores and the whole world going crazy for it.

Without change, change isn't possible. Hokey, I know, but still true. I've gone through so many mourning periods for TSO that I think I'm jaded now. I just wanted to say that even though things are changing, you'll always keep the good times in your heart.

F

Founder

According to Kübler-Ross model of "5 stages of death," you are currently in the bargaining stage and not denial...

1. Denial:
2. Anger:
3. Bargaining: "Hope it only temporary"
4. Depression
5. Acceptance:

However, I been on stage 5 for some time now. What stage is everyone else at?

G

Gracie Nito

I was in stage 5 before the announcement. Think I went through all those stages by October 2007.

A

Aster

I've been in 5 for a long time - the anger bit all happened for me after beta and the burn reviews, when everyone was rabid that the game could still be fixed and yet change happened at a glacier's pace on the EA side.

(Founder, the Kubler-Ross thing is the first thing I thought of when I read this thread.
There is a riff on the 5 Stages of Death in All That Jazz, one of my favorite movies of all time.)

F

Founder

I've been in 5 for a long time - the anger bit all happened for me after beta and the burn reviews, when everyone was rabid that the game could still be fixed and yet change happened at a glacier's pace on the EA side.

(Founder, the Kubler-Ross thing is the first thing I thought of when I read this thread.
There is a riff on the 5 Stages of Death in All That Jazz, one of my favorite movies of all time.)
HeHe Me, too! And also because it seems that most players right now experience, anger, denial and few depressions. However, the bargaining ones are the most humorous where they are trying to convince themselves that everything is going to be OK.

I also recall 5 stages of death from the Simpsons episode, where Homer is said to be dying after eating a poisonous fugu fish and went through all 5 stages in 3 seconds...good times...

S

SimTripps

I'm looking forward to holographic gaming, or games that have graphics so good it's like you're in a movie - wouldn't that be awesome? Well, won't happen in my lifetime lol... :rolleyes: :cool:

C

CanIhaveYourStuf

According to Kübler-Ross model of "5 stages of death," you are currently in the bargaining stage and not denial...

1. Denial:
2. Anger:
4. Depression
5. Acceptance:

WHHHOO THE $$#$&^&*&*((*&$%#$ DO U TINK U R POSTING $#$%%$%$$ LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!ONE!!!!! WHY I OUGHT TO...um....oh yeah...number two...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKPlUACcED4&feature=related

C

Claudia MacCloud

1. Denial:
2. Anger:
4. Depression
5. Acceptance:

Ive accepted, it is what it is ...
but im very very angry... about alot of things.... The XXXX amount of money i put into the game... Ive put alot.. Ive had up to and including 9 accts at one time.... Im also very upset that they promised us all so much w/ the amensty.... I was so excited w/ it... I couldnt wait for it... and then the day before they were to give us the amensty.... they gave us the most unexpected news ever... and worse off they didnt give us a reasonable explaination.....

They tried to make TSO better, and didnt even give it a chance to see if it did work out for everyone involved.. They dont and didnt know if the game was going to be better , and or worse off than it was before they started the new things.... they didnt give the game a fair chance.... They just cut us off, like a bad habit..... I had so much high hopes the game was going to be better than it was, the whole 6yrs it was here...

I was at the store the other day, and i was very discusted ... They had shelves and shelves of pc games.... what discusted me the most was... they had 5 shelves .... 5 SHELVES i said of different Sim games... 5 Shelves.. can you believe that !!!!!! Some were games ive never seen (new to me) but all in all they were all SIM GAMES.... for the most part there were only 2 or 3 out of idk 6-7 that fit on that section for that game, games of one particular game... left on the shelf... I think if EA would of put our game TSO out on the shelves like that, maybe just maybe there would be more players..... Its very possible for each of the games that sold, maybe they could of sold a few of the SIMS ONLINE and that is only in that one store, can you imagine how many stores sell the Sim games.... all over the world...

Im depressed that they didnt advertise at all for our game... and or give our game a chance to flourish into somethiing it could of been .... irregardless of what they thought, they didnt give our game a chance it deserved!

Wow im sorry everyone:( i didnt mean to give you all my sad thoughts.... Heres a happy note....

Even though EA is ending our love for the game of The Sims Online... He cant take what we all have gained from the game... Many Many Many close friendships and or relationships have come from The Sims Online... I am greatful EA couldnt take everything away from us :) And for this reason alone, Ive accepted

R

Raisin

1. Denial:
2. Anger:
4. Depression
5. Acceptance:
What stage is everyone else at?
I think I'm at the Acceptance stage, this probably is worse for all those of you who have been here the whole time. I only returned a few months ago.

But it is very sad, because the game was 1000 times more fun now when we were allowed to customize it. I would definitely have stayed in the game.

I only wish they would have allowed custom items back in 2004, then I would have never left. :)

E

elkhartware

1. Denial:
2. Anger:
4. Depression
5. Acceptance:

i will never be on acceptance, i accept the fact their shutting down the game. but ill never accept the way electronic arts has treated us.... they lied, scammed, and cheated all of us in more ways than one... i for one will never support another electronic arts game agin....

C

Claudia MacCloud

i will never be on acceptance, i accept the fact their shutting down the game. but ill never accept the way electronic arts has treated us.... they lied, scammed, and cheated all of us in more ways than one... i for one will never support another electronic arts game agin....
Im right there w/ you ... Ive will never play another ea game and maybe i will have a party on Memorial Day ..... Have a bonfire and burn up all the games (Sim, its all i have ) i do have, and let that be my memorial to the game... I wont be able to drink (due to surgery the next day) Might as well have a little bit of fun!

think we can get some fellow players to boycott EA? or is that askin too much ... players meaning anyone that plays any ea game

R

Raisin

I don't think I will boycott EA.

I can agree that they deserve it, but then I would deprive myself of a lot of nice games, too ;)