• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Sticky]Its Not Over Till The Pics are posted!! (preferably links please) (Meet update)

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gay Pride on the same day ???

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/doh.gif

Maybe i should skip the meet and just visit London /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif - but seriously i may should tell this to my better half - so he had a reason to come too!

And now i really need to care about my outfit - damn /php-bin/shared/images/icons/blush.gif

K

Kylie M

Well, I'd come but for some reason the laws of physics don't allow Peely and I to be in the same place at the same time.

B

Barbed Wire

Right i am leaving tomorrow 1pm bst so if anyone needs any help they need to say now or forever hold their peace!

I will be on icq and open for pms till then dont be shy give me a buzz and i will do all i can to help.

G

Heh - anyone know how long it's gonna take to get to Marble Arch from Distric/Circle Line?

B

Barbed Wire

Erm no good asking that without saying which station you are gettin on at.

district and circle lines intersect the central line at Notting Hill Gate, Bank/Monument and Liverpool Street. Then just head for Marble Arch!!

G

Ah thats OK then, bank is only one stop up from Fenchurch Street!

In all the time I have been using the Tube I didnt know Bank was on Central /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

I

infra001

Does any Londers know how "roughly" a Taxi from Kingscross will cost to
the venue, is it far / near ?

Ty

--L

G

Not sure, but I can almost guarantee it'll be cheaper by tube. Get a tube on the Victoria Line from Kings cross to Oxford circus and, from there, take the central line to Marble arch. From there follow the map on page one of this post.

G

Yeah - dont touch the black cabs, and dont drink the water (unless its brown and smells yeatsy!) Thats the main things to note about our fair capital!

Get a tube - much cheaper! And if your going back the same day get a TravelCard - erm, *consults handy lamianted tube map* - oh hang on you wont need too - all in Zone one!
Kings Cross to the venue...
according to this map the easiest way is to head to Oxford Circus and walk the 500yards from there to Marble Arch and then follow the map!
By the time it takes to walk from the Victoria Line to the Central Line and wait for a new tube you'll have covered most of the difference /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

First post-meet post. Yay /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif. Rather fun really. Nice to meet boardies in real life.

I

I the Mage

Bah, i coulda posted ages ago =P, I was waiting for an offical after meet thread =P.

I

G

Ah ha. Can't afford to hang about in this game /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

G

he he Peely (Neil), I could ave posted to but will w8 for the thread to show up. Right now im enjoying an ice cold GRolsch and will play a bit of PlanetSide (did i tell u at all about that game??). all in all I should have come earlier, time flew by and i didnt have a chance to talk to all the ppl I wanted to /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

B

Barbed Wire

Just got back, what a hilarious day! Going to try and keep everything in this thread so as not to make hundreds of others all saying the same thing.

Shame i got a migraine at the end of the evening, nearly spoilt it for me but breakie this morning with all the peeps that stayed over and being told that we had to move to the bar as we were in there too long was classic!

Brilliant to meet so many of you putting faces to names *grins* Hopefully there wont be too many pics of me, when i get mine on disc there will be a link here to em all!

Of course there has to be a mention of TheEnigma not laughing at the Eye of Argon game, of Wikkr breaking the bannister, and Star saying she have gone to the zoo!! I only hope she didnt mean it!

S

Shadow Star

Naaaaah i was only jokin'!

ahh have a great time /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Cant wait til the next... urgh driving...

S

Shadow Star

and!!!!!!!! urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! i cant remember my old user name so i had to make another and to think i laughed at someone else for doing that :p

G

i had fun
met up with a lot of friends, and some new ones.
lots of pics, one of which i think defines the meet
its wikkr exiting the ladies

L

lelldorin77

Ok now that Im getting a few nasty snide comments from Lil Zole in irc think I should prolly come to the nxt one just to stop them all.
Shame riz isnt there and he coulda taken some of the flack as well.

O well, nvm im sure he'll get over it in a day or 2.

B

Barbed Wire

We havent had them developed yet,
although one camera was dis-assembled by my 6 year old son trying to find out how it worked.

You never know when they get developed you may get to see them *grins*

well ... maybe