• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealthing Mage Tamer Temps ?

T

Tuchman

Does anyone have a good temp for this?
what kind of jewels / Artifacts would you use ?
Just for Pvm only.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the template I'm using:

120 Tame
120 Lore
120 Vet
100 Mage
100 Hiding
100 Eval/Herding
60 Stealth

I use a burglar's bandana and have a stealth jewel I can pop on in really hazardous areas, but you could also use shadow dancer legs for example if you wanted. Or borrow some skill points elsewhere.

I have herding or eval swappable on soulstones for a bit of versatility, so she can look for new pets using stealth and herd them somewhere quiet for taming. Or switch in her eval if she's hunting in Fel or needs to para tame some cu sidhe.

Wenchy

Z

Zodiac19

I run:

120 Tame
120 Lore
120 Vet
120 Mage
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
60 Med

I do boost the med a bit with items. I also run this toon as a full mage as well swaping Hiding, stealth, and Med for 115 EI and 115 Med.

For the most part I run in stealth mode for farming pets and mage mode for hunting.

T

Tuchman

This is the template I'm using:

120 Tame
120 Lore
120 Vet
100 Mage
100 Hiding
100 Eval/Herding
60 Stealth

I use a burglar's bandana and have a stealth jewel I can pop on in really hazardous areas, but you could also use shadow dancer legs for example if you wanted. Or borrow some skill points elsewhere.

I have herding or eval swappable on soulstones for a bit of versatility, so she can look for new pets using stealth and herd them somewhere quiet for taming. Or switch in her eval if she's hunting in Fel or needs to para tame some cu sidhe.

Wenchy
Wenchy & Zodiac19
I like both of your Setups, and I'm trying out the herding currently at 54 for this skill and not to sure what lvl is needed.

V

Vertigo

My favorite is:

115 Tame
115 Lore
100 Vet
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
115 Mage
115 Ninja

And carry alot of smokebombs

V

VorteXPete

With creative use of jewelry my temp is:

Animal lore 120
Animal Taming 120
Vet 120
Magery 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 120
Ninja 85
Herding 90

Just enough ninja to get into fast animal forms easy and use smoke bombs

T

Tuchman

With creative use of jewelry my temp is:

Animal lore 120
Animal Taming 120
Vet 120
Magery 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 120
Ninja 85
Herding 90

Just enough ninja to get into fast animal forms easy and use smoke bombs
How does 90 herding work for you ? could you use less points ? say 60 or 65 ?

V

VorteXPete

How does 90 herding work for you ? could you use less points ? say 60 or 65 ?
Works great for me,sometimes takes 3-4 attempts on a greater dragon to herd, but when your stealthed u got all kinds of time, most other tameables i can herd on first try. Don,t know what 60-65 would do, was soo easy to train i trained to 100, then i needed the 10 points somewhere else and from 100 to 90 cant tell too much of a difference..

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye, I have to admit I just trained to GM without really trying to use it on the way. It only took me a couple of days to GM, so I didn't really have it part trained on my tamer for long enough to play with it at that level.

You could always try going on test and starting dreadhorn quest so you can get into twisted werld and then test 65 or so on cu sidhe. Then you can bump skill up and down and see how it'll work on a higher end beast that isn't going to eat you.

Wenchy