• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealth Tamer for PvE

F

Fumoffu

What is a good template for PvE based on having stealth and hiding and for champs, maybe doom, but not peerlesses i suppose.

I realize that the necro tamer would be best for champs or the peace tamer but I tend to die a lot so until i get familiar with these places I'd like do try the stealth tamer.

I did do a search, and found some example templates but I was wondering why people would put Ninjitsu in there? is that only for PvP?

I was planning on something like this

100 Taming (+10 ring)
110 Lore
110 Vet
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Magery
100 Med, Eval, Ninjitsu, Herding?

What will ninjitsu do for me? I can throw shuriken poisons? If you have any other templates that works well, please let me know and what you use it for.

G

Gellor

ninja is for moving quickly when you whip out your greater dragon. Greater dragon takes 5 control slots which means you are put on foot.

The biggest problem with tamers at champ spawn is quick killing power. To advance a spawn, you need a LOT of stuff dead quickly. Having to kill everything individually is gonna take a lot of time.

If you are killing one monster every second but a necro is killing 50 of them in 30 seconds, the necro is gonna get it done quicker:next:

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is a good template for PvE based on having stealth and hiding and for champs, maybe doom, but not peerlesses i suppose.

I realize that the necro tamer would be best for champs or the peace tamer but I tend to die a lot so until i get familiar with these places I'd like do try the stealth tamer.

I did do a search, and found some example templates but I was wondering why people would put Ninjitsu in there? is that only for PvP?

I was planning on something like this

100 Taming (+10 ring)
110 Lore
110 Vet
100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Magery
100 Med, Eval, Ninjitsu, Herding?

What will ninjitsu do for me? I can throw shuriken poisons? If you have any other templates that works well, please let me know and what you use it for.
On TC1 (The Test Center) you can model all these things yourself and see how they work for you. I found the Shirkens to be next to worthless to my play style.

I did 20 of the Focus skill and 80 Meditation. Was enough to insure I never ran out of stamina at a cost of 1 Mana Regen from Meditation.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stealther I run looks like this:

120 tame
120 lore
120 vet
100 magery
100 herding/eval or ninja if I want via soulstone
100 hiding
60 stealth

If I trained her again I'd probably have locked her taming skills at 110 and use the points to make her stealth higher, I just had all the 120's before the stealth and it was very much a case of "what can I use those 60 points for?"

I find she goes anywhere I want and does everything I'd want to do with her.

I don't use med, but it's an option via soulstone if I wanted it. And it's not that I don't cast, I just take care to conserve mana and use my hiding to take a break and regen if necessary.

I do a lot of champ spawns with her and find killing speed is fine, I don't feel she lags behind my necro noticibly, and she easily wins on survivability which was what I made her for ;) I tend to use multiple pets at champs specifically because two pets work the spawn quicker than 1 greater with a que of spawn lined up behind him. I tried the greater while I was getting up to speed with the champs, but while he was useful at the higher end levels, the beginning was slow and I prefer being mounted without using ninjitsu for it all the time.

But the great thing with soulstones is that you can make all sorts of tamers on a whim :D

Wenchy

F

Fumoffu

Thanks for the replies. Ya, guess i can try tc.

Wenchkin, which champs do you go to or solo if you do? And may I also ask which pets seem to work fast...beetle/bake or bake/mare that kind of thing. I'm a newbie. :D

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no issues doing peerless with my girl...

Taming 120 (eventually, heh)
Lore 110
Vet 110
Magery 100 (chuck on a Tome of Lost Knowledge for Meli, or casting EVs at spawns)
Med 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 80 (+ Shadow Dancers for GM)

You probably don't need stealth at GM, but I prefer the security of knowing I at least have GM. No, you'll probably never be as high a damage-dealer as some of the other tamers out there, but to put it in perspective, my girl with her 3.2-rated GD spamming MB averaged two out of three cloaks during the SL event. I don't do a lot of spawns anymore, but I still used to get my fair share of 120s ev-ing until the champ then calling my pets in. It is a fantastic teamwork template.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really enjoy champing solo if I'm honest, or rather I prefer some buddies for the higher end gits ;) I've been around all the Ilshy spawns and some harrowers and champs in Fel when I'm in the mood.

Depending which tamer I'm using I'll either have 2 kitsune and ride a frenzy or have a dread mare/kitsune or dread/normal mare combo. Mostly I use kits though, easy to keep alive and I can get on my ethy mount if I need the extra speed :)

Wenchy

F

Fumoffu

Sounds fun! Any tips on what suit stats are most important? I was thinking maybe Hit Point Increase and MR.

Maybe even a luck suit?

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LRC, MR, and high, balanced resists. I don't tend to worry overmuch about anything else.

Besides... its hard to be picky when you decide to build your suit around + items, but these are the choices we make :p