• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealth stuck

O

oro

My stealth seems stuck at 75 even, has not moved in days for hours on end. Other skills will increase, arrow is pointing right way, have killed the character to see if that helps, Im lost. Anybodys help would be appreciated

K

Kiminality

What are you wearing?

edit: That sounds wrong >.<
At 80 Stealth skill, you have a 100% chance to steal in leather/mage armour. So you might want to drop a piece of studded armour on, somewhere.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Try dropping the studded gorget for a normal one and make sleves and gloves studded or just add studded sleeves.

I remember swapping around a few pieces when I trained Stealth. :)

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here's what i wear to train stealth:

up to 70: naked or wearing regular clothes
when i hit 70 i put on studded shirt, legs & gloves
when i hit 85 i add a plate gorget & plate arms
when i hit 90 i add a plate bascinet
when i hit 93 i add a broadsword (if gains are too slow i swap out the plate gorget for a studded one)
that should take you to 120
i set up a "teleporter escalator" in my house whenever i need to train stealth on a char - put a teleporter pad at each end of your house, set your char up with a UOA hide/stealth macro, set her walking, then right-click the mouse so she continues to walk without you having to hold mouse the whole time. sit back and watch her walk (just have to hit "play" every time your UOA macro stops). boring yes, but will get you to 120 stealth fairly quickly.

K

Kiminality

I tend to train steal in animal form, too...
Since you move at double rate, with llama and up, you get twice as many skill checks

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "Skill Trainer" statuette helps in situations like this, immensely. It tells you if your current situation is too difficult or to easy when training a skill.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 75, you need to swap out 3 or 4 pices of armor with non-medable ones. You can add more as long as you don't fail over much (you still gain when you fail, but less frequently).

If you have a teleporter setup as what Dark Moons said, you can just assign a hide macro on a a function key and put a paperweigth on it, no need to use UOA to record a macro. As long as it's attended, of course :)

D

Dame Judi

Crysta,

I confess my ignorance. What is a "Skill Trainer" statuette?