• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Stealth] Stealth related question...

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hellos!

Let's liven this forum up a little! :heart:

Would I be able to utilize Shadow Strike effectively with 80 or 90stealth/90swords? If I used jewelry with +30 skills, should I apply to stealth, swords, or +15 each?

Weapon in hand is a SC dagger so I can also utilize infectious strike with 80poison/120mage. Magery for cure/heal and some attack spells.

With 120 Ninjitsu, I will be utilizing Backstab and Surprise Attack as well as the other spells.

120 in either Med or Focus?

So after all that, can repeated Shadow Strike/Backstab/Surprise Attack mixed in with some poison/some attack spells/attack spell on dagger be effective in a 1 vs 1 PvP match?

Thanks!

P.S.
What mastery would be most effective? If any applies?

Last edited:

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Lady Raja,

Stealther really struggles to be effective in PvP melee as it is as the combat skills are diluted with ninja, stealth and hiding. Dilute those further with magery and you will find that you can't do either well. So, in short, I don't think this is a strong first rank template although it could work as a support stealther mage. The only really effective stealthers are stealth archers and deathstrikers...and the latter are still stronger as support.

To use a weapon effectively, you will need 120 skill so that's where the points should go. The best use of all the ninja/stealth/hiding points is Deathstrike. The combo you outline simply won't work because to opponent will just step away from you out of range.

What might be funky would be a Necrostriker Mage. Run ninja/stealth/hiding plus mage/eval med and enough necro/spirit speak for a reliable Evil Omen. You can reach a 62 Deathstrike that way but your timing needs to be spot on.Use a spell channelling mage weapon and find one that is -0 or overcap magery to compensate. You can use fukiya/shuriken for poisoning or fiddle with stealth/hiding/med to get Tactics/Poisoning (difficult). This will play primarily as a mage so you will need to be good at that first - then add the Deathstrike.

Those are my thoughts anyway. I'm sure you will hear other opinions.

Lady Raja

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Good thoughts!

The more I try to figure out a way to make a stealth/ninja/mage work, the more messy the template looks... :(

Thanks for the input! :heart: