1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

[Stealth] Stealth related question...

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Lady Raja, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Lady Raja

Lady Raja Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hellos!

Let's liven this forum up a little! :heart:

Would I be able to utilize Shadow Strike effectively with 80 or 90stealth/90swords? If I used jewelry with +30 skills, should I apply to stealth, swords, or +15 each?

Weapon in hand is a SC dagger so I can also utilize infectious strike with 80poison/120mage. Magery for cure/heal and some attack spells.

With 120 Ninjitsu, I will be utilizing Backstab and Surprise Attack as well as the other spells.

120 in either Med or Focus?

So after all that, can repeated Shadow Strike/Backstab/Surprise Attack mixed in with some poison/some attack spells/attack spell on dagger be effective in a 1 vs 1 PvP match?

Thanks!

P.S.
    What mastery would be most effective? If any applies?

#1 Lady Raja, Jul 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. Skelf

Skelf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Hi Lady Raja,

Stealther really struggles to be effective in PvP melee as it is as the combat skills are diluted with ninja, stealth and hiding. Dilute those further with magery and you will find that you can't do either well. So, in short, I don't think this is a strong first rank template although it could work as a support stealther mage. The only really effective stealthers are stealth archers and deathstrikers...and the latter are still stronger as support.

To use a weapon effectively, you will need 120 skill so that's where the points should go. The best use of all the ninja/stealth/hiding points is Deathstrike. The combo you outline simply won't work because to opponent will just step away from you out of range.

What might be funky would be a Necrostriker Mage. Run ninja/stealth/hiding plus mage/eval med and enough necro/spirit speak for a reliable Evil Omen. You can reach a 62 Deathstrike that way but your timing needs to be spot on.Use a spell channelling mage weapon and find one that is -0 or overcap magery to compensate. You can use fukiya/shuriken for poisoning or fiddle with stealth/hiding/med to get Tactics/Poisoning (difficult). This will play primarily as a mage so you will need to be good at that first - then add the Deathstrike.

Those are my thoughts anyway. I'm sure you will hear other opinions.

Lady Raja likes this.
  3. Lady Raja

Lady Raja Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Good thoughts!

The more I try to figure out a way to make a stealth/ninja/mage work, the more messy the template looks... :(

Thanks for the input! :heart: