• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Stealth archery for PvP... help me update my template

G

Gellor

I had a free spot on my main account and closed my crafter/stealth archer account(didn't use stealther that often in PvP)

So now I'm trying to come up with a "fun" interesting PvP stealth archer.

Right now, the "given" skills are:
120 archery (natural)
90 tactics (specials)
100 hiding
50 stealth (30 from items)

From the above base, I'm scratching my head a bit:
120 ninja : there is forms, poisoned darts, death strike, etc
80ish anat : bonus damage plus healing
80+ healing: healing plus rez
120 resist : mainly to fight mana vamp. No mana = no specials and no egg bombs.
110 taming/lore : gimpy to the extreme... could do it... don't really WANT to though.
100 alchemy : bigger gains... bigger bombs ;)
75ish chiv : divine fury, heal, cure, remove curse
120 tactics : damage bonus

I've got the equipment 90% setup. I'm still crunching stats.

For those playing stealth archers nowdays on a production shard, what would you recommend?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Go at least 110 ninja. If you find yourself in a bind, hit wolf form and run. Thanks to movement speed, small target, and +20 hp, it's pretty hard to kill a stealther running away in wolf form. Also, shurikens are pretty sweet.

G

Gellor

My old char was something like:
120 archery
120 ninja
90 tact
120 resist
anat/heal
Don't recall last points.

Also, FWIW, this char is going to be used in group fighting... so things like spawns, gate, general ruckus:coco:

I'm 90% certain I'll do 120 ninja. The fast movement while stealthing is nice. And yes, I love the stars:coco:

I know everyone and their grandmother tries to make a big deal out of 120 tact vs lower. But is it really THAT big in terms of PvP?

N

NickyDishes

i run this:

120 Archery
120 ninja
90 healing
90 anatomy
90 tactics
100 hiding
80 Stealth(120 from items)

its a really fun template to play....i wear the assassins armor, have 16 hp regen(like to have more), and 45 hci. I am what u call a dog archer tho. I stay in dog form. I dont need mana cause i dont use specials hardly at all, but i do have enough for smoke bombing) The only time ill use a special is if im stealthed, ill hop on my ethy mount to double shot. Im the guy that pops out when ur redlined and kills u. i usually use a heavy balanced crossbow with hit spell, velocity, and 40 ssi. This means with the assassin armor im at 60 ssi with a heavy.......very high damage in a short period of time. I also make good use of darts and shurikens.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure to have GM spirit speak so you can follow the ghosts of your victims for more fun...

N

NickyDishes

wow never thought about that....that would be an extreme assassin template

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i run this:

120 Archery
120 ninja
90 healing
90 anatomy
90 tactics
100 hiding
80 Stealth(120 from items)

its a really fun template to play....i wear the assassins armor, have 16 hp regen(like to have more), and 45 hci. I am what u call a dog archer tho. I stay in dog form. I dont need mana cause i dont use specials hardly at all, but i do have enough for smoke bombing) The only time ill use a special is if im stealthed, ill hop on my ethy mount to double shot. Im the guy that pops out when ur redlined and kills u. i usually use a heavy balanced crossbow with hit spell, velocity, and 40 ssi. This means with the assassin armor im at 60 ssi with a heavy.......very high damage in a short period of time. I also make good use of darts and shurikens.
Why is your ninja so high?

G

Gellor

I'm not sure on the guy you quoted, but the reason I run 120 ninja(when I run it) is because stars hit chance is based upon ninja and wolf form ;)

S

Sir Kenga

120 ninja in PVP is essensial to throw stars with high % to hit, Death Strikes, and turning into high lvl animal forms.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 ninja in PVP is essensial to throw stars with high % to hit, Death Strikes, and turning into high lvl animal forms.
Well if you're death striking as a stealth archer urdoinitrong.

S

Sir Kenga

Around 20 damage for stealth archer without traking and sound of DS frighten enemy to death :) So it's not bad to use from time to time.

N

NickyDishes

deathstriking on an archer is useless....its just a waste of mana. id rather use a special....and the reason i have ninja at 120 is so i dont fizzle going into wolf form (even at 120 u cant succeed 100%) when i need to get outtta dodge, and as someone stated earlier..i use darts and shurikens :thumbup1:

N

NickyDishes

please tell me how you reaching 20 damage on a deathstrike with an archer. I have 120 stealth, gm hiding, and 120 ninja, and i only hit for around 10:confused:

S

Sir Kenga

You apply 1/2 of calculated damage. With your skills damage gonna be around 40 if melee, so for archery it's around 20 (maybe more). But it's gonna happen only if your target make 5 or more steps. To make them run best way is to Mortal Strike them. Crossbow is ideal for this. 1. DS. 2. Mortal Strike. 3. Concusion Blow... Low on health, under Mortal they gonna run for sure and get 20 dmg from DS. 4. take your composite an Moving shot them to death. Throw suriken somewhere between step 2 and 3, if u have time.
Just a note - you shouldn't use this combo against fully healed foe. Perfect time - when enemy has 50-60% HP.

From ninja FAQ:

DEATH STRIKE [30 mana, 85 min skill, 120 skill gives 95.0% success]
NOTE: Damage from Death Strike is halved with bow attacks.

If you hit in combat & pass the check to use deathstrike this 30 mana attack halves the damage of your initial strike and then has one of 2 additional effects:

1) If the target takes less than 5 steps during the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/9)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage
2) If the target takes more than 5 steps in the next 5 seconds then they will take (Ninjitsu/3)*(.3+.7*(hiding+stealth)/220) + [tracking bonus] DIRECT damage

TRACKING: If you sucessfully track a target before you deathstrike, the next deathstrike attack will do additional damage as follows. Adds up to 10 damage based on the distance between where the target was standing when you tracked them and where they are standing when you deathstrike them. In addition you will do tracking /10 (rounded down bonus damage)
[Tracking bonus is now capped at 10 + 1/10 skill ]

DAMAGE IS CAPPED AT 60 (if they run) & 20 (if they stand still).
If you stack a second deathstrike attack, the caps change to 70 (if they run) & 30 (if they stand still). (IMO the extra 10 damage isnt worth another 30 mana.)

Note: The 5 sec damage is unaffected by choice of weapon or level of tactics/anatomy (you can even use wrestling).

In PvP Death Strike can be used to put your enemy in a dilemma: run and take 40 (up to 60 with tracking) or stay toe to toe with you and take 13 (up to 20 with tracking).

The stealth changes have made the formula for death strike damage a little cumbersome. Here are some examples:

0 hiding and 0 stealth = 12 damage if they run (elf) [not including tracking] (a human does 17 because of the free 20 in hiding and stealth)

100 hiding and 80 stealth = 34 damage if they run [not including tracking]

100 hiding and 120 stealth = 40 damage if they run [not including tracking]

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is a waste of mana as someone said earlier, Armor ignore takes less mana, is guaranteed to go off if it connects, and does 35 dmg.

S

Sir Kenga

It's not a waste, it's certain strategy if you ever heard about this word. It work better for melee figters, but for archers it works too.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's not a waste, it's certain strategy if you ever heard about this word. It work better for melee figters, but for archers it works too.
So, you're not trying to kill your targets, just scare them. Gotcha.

S

Sir Kenga

Never played ninjas? Main strategy is not to run around and make a lot of straight damage, but scare, deceive enemy, then it's gonna be easy prey.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never played ninjas? Main strategy is not to run around and make a lot of straight damage, but scare, deceive enemy, then it's gonna be easy prey.
Ahh.. I understand. I thought you were talking about PvP. My mistake.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You fool a lot of people with your ninja ways do you? What shard to you play on?

Anyhow thanks to those who answered my question legitimately. I don't use ninja stars enough to sacrifice the extra skill points so I guess I'll stick with my llama form level ninja ;)