• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealing rares in Doom

T

tabbythunter

I've been working on a thief for a long time and finally I can go to Doom and actually be able to steal the rares, the probably is being there at the right time to actually have a chance at stealing the rare. I'm playing on Lake Superior. The other day I came across the skinned goat still there but just as I was going to attempt to steal it someone got to it just before me. Now I was reading that Rarity Level 5's spawn once a day, does that mean that if I go to the same spot about 24 hours later the skinned goat should respawn? or is it more random then that? I really want to steal a Saddle but they spawn every 16 days. How would I ever be lucky enough to be there when it spawned? Does anyone know when the best times to find stuff spawning and can I actually count on a level 5 rare spawn exactly 24 hours from the time it last spawn?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tabitha

D

devid1995

you just need to keep checking back the spawns time will have a pluss or neg of 20% respawn time but dont give up i my self do doom runs like 3 or 4 times a day
and i have stole just about all the doom artys over my first year of being a doom theff and in my first week alone i stole the hammer and the claw so just keep the faith ull be alright and above all just have fun and rember its just a game

T

tabbythunter

Thats where I went originally and asked these questions and I got a tongue lashing for even asking such questions. I was told that UO Thief was only for true thieves and that you dont ask questions about stealing rares there. So I came to UO Rares and ask these questions.

E

entropic_soul

I think I read that "tongue thrashing" and think it was totally uncalled for. I hate the way some people have to have this holier than thou attitude on the boards sometimes. Like, sorry, I didn't know that x answer was in y thread that was posted on z date. Right now I'm currently searching for what the minimum stealing skill is needed to steal doom artifacts and I've been search the site and forums for about an hour. I'm sorry if the answer is somewhere obvious that I haven't looked, but just help a brotha out, will ya? If you don't know the answer then don't reply to the thread. It's not YOUR forum, it belongs to everyone.

K

Kerrik

I do not have a thief, but I seem to recall that the minimum stealing being around 85. You will fail much more often than not.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you need at least gm stealing to be able to steal an arty.
Sadly you can´t say an arty will spawn at that day at this and that specific time.
For lvl 5 arties it´s more like at least 24h before the new spawn and max 36 hours.

Your best bet is to be in doom when less ppl are online. Oh and check there regularly, like doing runs every hour.

Happy hunting

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at GM skill, you have a 99% chance fo faliure at stealing in doom.
At 110 you seem to have a 50% to succeed
at 120 I have never failed stealing anyhting

There is a chance for something to spawn every 15 minutes and 3 seconds, this also includes Doom, Yamatsu Mines, and Fan Dancer Dojo.

I have a thief on alot of shards, and at the higher end items are "Campers" those odd folks who seem to not get baned when paged on, but seem to be at something for each minute the server is up, and steal said high end item the split second they spawn.

Any questions in perticular i missed pm me about doom stealing i will fill you in on it

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I really want to steal a Saddle but they spawn every 16 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

SPawn rate on the saddle is starting on day 11 after it's last spawn up to 16 days after it's last spawn