• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stealing copper wire?

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

I'm trying to steal some copper wire from the smithy in Serpent's Hold to build some distilleries. Stealing is 115. The wire spawns in very heavy stacks (20+ wire per stack at 5 stones per wire).

I unlock and untrap the crates. When I attempt to steal targeting the crate, it says that I cannot steal that. When I directly target the wire, I get guard whacked. The only NPC is the one positioned next to the barrel 6 tiles away, with her back to the crates.

Is there a trick to stealing the copper wire? Is there a way to only steal one at a time (so as to be within the weight limit)?

Or are those stacks just un-stealable?

Thanks!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some extra if you want them.

Also, you can go to Bucs Den and it's usually in the barrels in the smiths hut there.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, NuSair! Bucs Den has solved the problem :) Since you only need 1 copper wire per distillery, I've been able to get enough from Bucs Den.

if more than 2 are stacked you can still steal up to 2 at a time. if the chest relocks you get the message you cant steal that and have to unlock it again

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, it's loot on the pirate ships if you have High Seas

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not forget you need to "Prime" the barrels, meaning open the barrel and closing it once. Items will spawn inside after a while