• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Steady reliable source for Relic Fragments?

• Thread starter Nastia Cross
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nastia Cross

Has anyone figured out yet how to get a steady supply of relic fragments? And no, I don't want to buy and burn val hammers hehe.

N

Nastia Cross

Farming for arties is not really a steady supply of relics when you have only 2-3 hours a night of game time. But thanks for the list.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't want to go for artifacts, then hunt anything with high loot return. Named ML Monsters, Peerless, Champions, and high-fame monsters (greater dragons, balrons, etc..). The general rule of thumb is the higher the fame, the better the loot. You will want a have as much Luck as you can.

It will always be a crap shoot though. I think that you will find there are no monsters that will consistently give Relic Fragment quality loot.

If you are savy at treasure hunting, Level 6 chests always have a minor artifact (though it might not be relic quality).

Stayin Alive,

BG

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earlier today I scouted around other shards and found a couple vendors selling the relic fragments for about 70K a piece. The vendor was loaded with them. So, after some more looking, I decided to use up my last 2 xfer tokens and went shopping.

Right now I've bought *1000* relic fragments from just ONE vendor. And it was stocked right away.

The only effective way is to use high-end runics to make weapons then unravel them. Even so, it would take a lot of runics to produce that number of relics. I have no idea how it is done, but I'm glad I wont be short of the fragments for awhile.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Consider: Making exceptional weapons, with bronze hammers.

Automatically get one property (DI at 70 to 80% intensity, or mage armor, which is 100%), plus 3 more runic properties. Consider also that there is the ML recipe "Diseased Machete" which would factor in an additional 50% intensity for 25% Hit Poison Area, and only takes one Blight (like there's much call for blight, except for a couple specific items, including those snake handler gloves - "Draconi commands you to take up the Silver Serpent!!!".

So, that could be
3 Properties at 55% to 100% intensity (and many of them automatically counting as 100%)
DI at 70 - 80% intensity (35%-40%)
Hit Poison area 25% for 50% intensity
= 285% to 430% intensity.

Add in 150% if made from Dull Copper (or Shadow Iron, if damage spread is currently counted as a property for unraveling), and you get 435%-580% (!), and a lot of essence and relics.

O

Old Man of UO

Add in 150% if made from Dull Copper (or Shadow Iron, if damage spread is currently counted as a property for unraveling), and you get 435%-580% (!), and a lot of essence and relics.

Now, that's a great tip!

L

Lost-Soul

Automatically get one property (DI at 70 to 80% intensity, or mage armor, which is 100%), plus 3 more runic properties. Consider also that there is the ML recipe "Diseased Machete" which would factor in an additional 50% intensity for 25% Hit Poison Area, and only takes one Blight (like there's much call for blight, except for a couple specific items, including those snake handler gloves - "Draconi commands you to take up the Silver Serpent!!!".

So, that could be
3 Properties at 55% to 100% intensity (and many of them automatically counting as 100%)
DI at 70 - 80% intensity (35%-40%)
Hit Poison area 25% for 50% intensity
= 285% to 430% intensity.

Doesn't work...Burned bronze hammer with shadow iron and got zero relic fragments.
All diseased machetes were exc.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's why I said "IF" on the shadow iron. Some indications were made that elemental damages weren't counted into the unravel properties for non-iron items. Did you try DC?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how relevant this is, but some years ago I used a bronze hammer and ingots to make a bronze silver etched mace, UBWS for my warrior. When I recently made her an imbued radiant scim I unravelled the mace. It gave a fragment.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's why I said "IF" on the shadow iron. Some indications were made that elemental damages weren't counted into the unravel properties for non-iron items. Did you try DC?
I did a hammer with all DC and blight making those other thingies and got zippo. But I do not have arms lore (never bothered getting it, I don't usually craft weapons or armor for use). So I don't know if that would make a diff or not?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a statement somewhere, that using rare materials would give an intensity bonus on unravelling. Unfortunately I dont have exact numbers but it was said that you get a higher bonus from more rare material. So valorite should give the highest bonus. (At least this was one of the arguments around for having resource spots changing their colour random and making rare resources rare.)
If I remember right, gargoyles are also getting an unravelling bonus. This could be the difference between getting a fragment or not.
To get better numbers/feelings for values someone might need to do some tests (on a TC) with unravelling. The interesting question would be the intense of different unravelling bonus. Known for shure, is that 200% intensity is the breakpoint for getting essences. We would have for testing:
- (exc) diseased machete (50% + 75/80% di)
- (exc) silver-etched mace/butchers war cleaver (100% + 75/80%)

O

Old Man of UO

If I remember right, gargoyles are also getting an unravelling bonus. This could be the difference between getting a fragment or not....
I understood the racial imbuing bonus has nothing to do with unraveling items, that is you would get the same resource from unraveling whatever your race. Rather, gargoyles get a bonus to success while imbuing items.

Is this not correct?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I understood the racial imbuing bonus has nothing to do with unraveling items, that is you would get the same resource from unraveling whatever your race. Rather, gargoyles get a bonus to success while imbuing items.

Is this not correct?
as far as I have been able to tell you are correct I seem to get the same mats no matter who ids it and unravels ! the thing that may make a diff is the forge have not tested this much for unravel!

the exception of course is if you are over 50 or 95.1 then you can get essence or relics

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ecru rings with junk mods like 2 resists or luck. reimbue junk to 3*13 resists or 2*13 resists and 89 luck.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only thing I do is, make exp leafblades of ease with gold hammers (Iron of course bc all metal gives no bonuses, i did tests, and just a waste.) I have the spare gems && UBWS weight is 150% && these usually yield about 8-13 relics per runic.

So...

3 Mill per runic..
8-13 relics..

375k per relic (if 8 are received)
230.7k per relic (if 13 are received)

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is this not correct?
as far as I have been able to tell you are correct I seem to get the same mats no matter who ids it and unravels ! the thing that may make a diff is the forge have not tested this much for unravel!

the exception of course is if you are over 50 or 95.1 then you can get essence or relics
Being a Gargoyle does have an effect at what in gredient is yielded from unraveling. I tested out the various major and minor artifacts, see here for the results:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=158985
FYI: this is the same link earlier in this thread.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Being a Gargoyle does have an effect at what in gredient is yielded from unraveling. I tested out the various major and minor artifacts, see here for the results:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=158985
FYI: this is the same link earlier in this thread.

Stayin Alive,

BG
didnt notice the gargoyle part do you have a idea how much more the gargoyle gets ? I am wondering about regular items it could be that is why i am getting frags at lower than 451 with my gargoyle!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didnt notice the gargoyle part do you have a idea how much more the gargoyle gets ? I am wondering about regular items it could be that is why i am getting frags at lower than 451 with my gargoyle!
I did not record the quantity of ingredients (though I don't recall ever getting multiple relic fragments for a single item).

My guess is that the total intensity required for a gargoyle artificer to obtain a relic is somewhere less than 451 (but probably not too much less). This probably also holds true for essences.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean you also get a bonus from the Queens forge, better chance to get a relic versus ee?
I don't know. I tested at the same soulforge, the public one just outside the NPC shops in the Gargoyle City. Someone would have to repeat the test at the Queen's forge and post their results.

Stayin Alive,

BG

G

Gurb

Only thing I do is, make exp leafblades of ease with gold hammers (Iron of course bc all metal gives no bonuses, i did tests, and just a waste.) I have the spare gems && UBWS weight is 150% && these usually yield about 8-13 relics per runic.

So...

3 Mill per runic..
8-13 relics..

375k per relic (if 8 are received)
230.7k per relic (if 13 are received)
On Baja with those numbers its not worth it to burn a Gold hammer. They run about 4mil on baja and relic fragements can be found for 200k/ea.

S

Stupid Miner

Has anyone figured out yet how to get a steady supply of relic fragments? And no, I don't want to buy and burn val hammers hehe.
Gargoyles have a better chance of enhancing items with special materials than humans. For weapons Valorite and Verite add 60% intensity as long as the weapon doesn't already have an elemental damage property.
Gold and Shadow Iron give 40% intensity for weapons Dull Copper gives about 50% intensity.

For shields Gold gives 70% intensity

For Wooden Items use Bloodwood. (*should* give 100% or more intensity)

Haven't tried regular armor. But wood armor should work the same as wood anything else.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean you also get a bonus from the Queens forge, better chance to get a relic versus ee?
I don't know. I tested at the same soulforge, the public one just outside the NPC shops in the Gargoyle City. Someone would have to repeat the test at the Queen's forge and post their results.

Stayin Alive,

BG
I got a bonus for using the public forge versus the one in my house. I unraveled legs of stablilty at my house and got an EE, but got relics from the rest at the public forge.

BTW my vendor on Baja is selling relic frags for 175k. :)

C

cravena

I follow your advice : took a bronze runic and made disease machettes. I have 100 arms lore and used 2 bronze runics. 1 with dull copper, the other with shadow. Made 2 bags (1 for each color) and went to public forge...
Nicely got Essences but not a single fragments...

Maybe i didnt got the right explanations or i m pretty unlucky ?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, what it is, is that they based the intensities on the unravel on the max intensities for properties from the AoS conversion (or effectively it takes 200% durability inc to get to 100 for the equation), so that the durability increases are counting half-normal, if at all, based on further tests (sneaky, devs). DI's not counting if crafted either.

Might be more expensive, but can someone test the following:

1. Make diseased machetes out of iron, exceptional (for the higher imbue cap), with a bronze hammer.
2. Imbue the DI to higher than 40%, and add another cheap imbue property as high as you can.
3.a. IF the total ends up over 451%, unravel at the Ter Mur forges.
3.b. Otherwise (or, maybe even if over 451%) THEN enhance the results with shadow iron (you'll break a few, but weapons typically enhance easier than armor of any type).
4. Then unravel those that survive the enhancing.

F

Fortyniner

No, what it is, is that they based the intensities on the unravel on the max intensities for properties from the AoS conversion (or effectively it takes 200% durability inc to get to 100 for the equation), so that the durability increases are counting half-normal, if at all, based on further tests (sneaky, devs). DI's not counting if crafted either.

Might be more expensive, but can someone test the following:

1. Make diseased machetes out of iron, exceptional (for the higher imbue cap), with a bronze hammer.
2. Imbue the DI to higher than 40%, and add another cheap imbue property as high as you can.
3.a. IF the total ends up over 451%, unravel at the Ter Mur forges.
3.b. Otherwise (or, maybe even if over 451%) THEN enhance the results with shadow iron (you'll break a few, but weapons typically enhance easier than armor of any type).
4. Then unravel those that survive the enhancing.
Well I made 35 exceptional diseased machetes out of iron using a bronze hammer. But they have 5 properties already so I cannot "add another cheap imbue property".

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Of course, if you hit DI with a property, you'll only have 4 properties. I just wanted to cover the bases.

I seem to hit DI on a LOT more weapons than the chances supposedly give.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pat three days I've bought rlic frags off vendors for 150 gp to high of 50K, average price being 10K each.

How? Everyone maligned the revamped Item ID skill, but I took a leisurely 2 months to train this skill to GM - boring! I actually used 2 3.0 pinkies to finish it off.

Now every morning, my Imbuer with GM Item ID hits the vendors and Item IDs the wares, if they say "will unravel to relic fragment", I then buy if 50K or less. One Jewel was actually 72 gp - I do love those vendors that let the AI vendorprogram price their items:)

Most items I see that will make relics are 150-200K , and usually are the "rejects" from someone burning high level hammers making samurai mage armor.

BTW - also works great for MR or EE :) If you find a jewel vendor that is AI priced, you can get a 50 stack of either for les than 1K ...

So yes, Mildred, Item ID was not a waste of points after all... :pancakes:

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why'd you bother to GM it though? I do the same thing with 50ish item id, it just takes a little longer with the fails to see if something is worth buying or not. :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a bit expensive unless you're able to get everything yourself, but I can get roughly 50% relic fragments by crafting leafblade of ease, true radiant scim (I think? the one with nightsight), butcher's war cleaver or silver etched mace using a bronze or better hammer and gold ingots. - gold giving lower requirements and luck. Higher return with a better hammer of course. I did them with an ASH in my hand to ensure except.

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a bit expensive unless you're able to get everything yourself, but I can get roughly 50% relic fragments by crafting leafblade of ease, true radiant scim (I think? the one with nightsight), butcher's war cleaver or silver etched mace using a bronze or better hammer and gold ingots. - gold giving lower requirements and luck. Higher return with a better hammer of course. I did them with an ASH in my hand to ensure except.

Petra, if you sell the Frags I will pay 75k each on Siege, thanks!

N

Nastia Cross

Thanks to everyone for responding! I think its time for me to get out Item ID and check out "junk" on vendors LOL.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry, I did that on Europa, where I've a friend who I can trade with for the hammers. I don't do bods on Siege, it's far too time consuming. Plus I want the fragments myself, I'm not planning on selling them.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is another thread at uo.hall which brings more light into this darkness. The key-technic for it seems to be imbuing. One of the cheapest methods: Imbue 5*13 resist onto a ring/bracelet and unravel it. Thought you need a legendary gargish articifer at the queens soulforge for that.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
rings jewelry has always been the easiest way to get frags (I have been imbuing the looted ones from the beginning) but for those crafters who have human/elf I recommend imbuing items( bows for example) and getting as close to the 450 mark as you can then enhance them with mats like yew!

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why'd you bother to GM it though? I do the same thing with 50ish item id, it just takes a little longer with the fails to see if something is worth buying or not. :)
On scant vendors, yes - but when you open a bag with 50+ jewels in it, you can appreciate a GM skill that never fails!

Time is money:)

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My way to steady supply of frags using only residue, gems and some iron ingots

Start with: Ring or Brace (mine are gm tinker made)

First Mod: Some resist to 13 (ie energy)
Second Mod: Some resist to 13 (ie fire)
Third Mod: Some resist to 13 (ie poison)
Fourth Mod: 18% LRC
Fifth Mod: 77 Luck (77 is minimum luck, 76 will unravel as essence)

This is done with a Legendary Gargoyle Imbuer at the Queens Forge.

O

Old Man of UO

I just got a relic from a golden axe that I've had is storage, that was made with a runic hammer. I'm not sure which hammer, but it had to be a bronze or less, since I sell anything higher than that. It was a junky ornate axe, so yeah it was worth it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've merged 10 of the most relevant replies to this thread into the one that was recently moved here from U.Hall - that thread will now be the Relic Fragment sticky. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.