• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Staying Alive vs. PKs

Sqrlking

Adventurer
I've been farming Destard in Fel. I've run into two reds. The first para'd me and I (luckily) had some pouches/pots which I used to escape. The second red insta-killed me.

Aside from pouches and pots, what strategies do other Bards use to avoid being farmed while farming?

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Wear armour? Have melee defense? Heal? Escape?

Other than that it's a bit hard to advise without knowing your template/suit/equipment and what they attacked you with. If you don't know what they attacked you with you need to look at what they did on the screen. I find it hard to believe they insta-killed you. I had a naked character with 98 hp killed in Fel yesterday and even that took 3 spells.

Sqrlking

Adventurer
Good points! my stats are below, along with my skills. Both reds were mages, or at least both were casting spells at me. Both attackers opened with explode. The first followed with fs, not sure about the second but I think I saw a corp por.

Insta killed is an exaggeration, however, it was <2 seconds. It is possible I also had dragon aggro that I did not notice.

Last edited:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Ummm... with that temp, stats and armor ... when the reds show up run :/

Only other tip I can give you is train up the Honor Virtue. Once they show up, honor yourself and run smack dab into the middle of the largest pack of Greater's you see....

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah that armor does suck. Gotta have the fire and energy at 70. (Exp Flame strike, fireball, are all fire. Lightning and Energy bolt are energy. Only harm and mind blast are cold which aren't used as much)
On top of that tip above for honor, remember you have area peace as well to run through crazyily spawning areas and get the aggro on them.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Good points! my stats are below, along with my skills. Both reds were mages, or at least both were casting spells at me. Both attackers opened with explode. The first followed with fs, not sure about the second but I think I saw a corp por.

Insta killed is an exaggeration, however, it was >2 seconds. It is possible I also had dragon aggro that I did not notice.
What are your other 100+ points in?
Turn Str up and raise it to 125. Get +25 Str and +25 HP on items.
You need all 70's minimum, and enchanted apples for removing curse.
You need to carry potions.
You can cast Feeblemind to fizzle their spells. This means they can only cast low circle low damage spells which you can heal easier/quicker with lesser heal rather than greater heal.
You need 2/6 casting and 40 LMC also.

On the plus side, you noticed what they did, 2 Explode/FS combos and an Energy Bolt. You're officially better than 90% of people getting PK'd. Everytime someone kills you prepare for it next time until they can't. Adapting is what PvP is.

Sqrlking

Adventurer
Thanks for all the advice. I didn't think about running into aggro. Great idea!

I was saving those 100 skill points for powerscrolls, but I guess there's no reason not to add something for now. I'm working on building my suit, that's the reason I'm in Destard. :) I'm also carrying yellow/red/orange pots and pouches.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
When you say pouches... do you mean magic trapped ones that explode and do lots of damage to you to free you from parra? If yes you should change this for a trapped dart box, they do considerably less damage especially as it hits physical resist which is the resist you have capped.

Sqrlking

Adventurer
When you say pouches... do you mean magic trapped ones that explode and do lots of damage to you to free you from parra? If yes you should change this for a trapped dart box, they do considerably less damage especially as it hits physical resist which is the resist you have capped.
Yes, old school trapped pouches. I had no idea there was an alternative. I'll figure out what those are.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Also, keeping an invis potion handy can buy you a second or few. Having protection on will help when you run to the door, and cast recall, you won't get fizzled if they hit you with a magic arrow.

You don't mention if you're running on or not... but running either the peace or provo masterys on yourself can be quite helpful. At 4x 120s peace saves you ~30% damage, or provo gives you ~25 hp every approximately 2 seconds.

Sqrlking

Adventurer
Also, keeping an invis potion handy can buy you a second or few. Having protection on will help when you run to the door, and cast recall, you won't get fizzled if they hit you with a magic arrow.

You don't mention if you're running on or not... but running either the peace or provo masterys on yourself can be quite helpful. At 4x 120s peace saves you ~30% damage, or provo gives you ~25 hp every approximately 2 seconds.
I was not running any masteries, but I will now. Also, I did not have a "GTFO" macro, but now I do. Great advice. Thanks Tuan

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the advice. I didn't think about running into aggro. Great idea!

I was saving those 100 skill points for powerscrolls, but I guess there's no reason not to add something for now. I'm working on building my suit, that's the reason I'm in Destard. :) I'm also carrying yellow/red/orange pots and pouches.
You're in Destard to earn money, or skills? There's better places to earn money.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh hehe, I was just pondering the why. I neglected commenting about the first comment. My thinking is that if you saw 2 explodes cast onto you an either a flame strike or energy bolt you would not have had a prayer with those initial resists.

I didn't mean to come off as like a superiority complex with hunting. If you have appropriate slayers and or it's working for you that's fine.

It's just for me I like chaotic type of hunting grounds where the spawn rates are very fast, so no Destard wouldn't come to my mind. I hate to send people places that they've never been, cause then they will more than likely just die a bunch. That would be counterproductive then to earning money.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure how effective they are. Try carrying a firehorn and sulfur and ash. The damage from the horn is based on your bard skills.

Sqrlking

Adventurer
Oh hehe, I was just pondering the why. I neglected commenting about the first comment. My thinking is that if you saw 2 explodes cast onto you an either a flame strike or energy bolt you would not have had a prayer with those initial resists.

I didn't mean to come off as like a superiority complex with hunting. If you have appropriate slayers and or it's working for you that's fine.

It's just for me I like chaotic type of hunting grounds where the spawn rates are very fast, so no Destard wouldn't come to my mind. I hate to send people places that they've never been, cause then they will more than likely just die a bunch. That would be counterproductive then to earning money.
I'm open to suggestions. :) I don't get a lot of game time, but so far I've farmed miasma and done the turtle champ.

Sqrlking

Adventurer
Not sure how effective they are. Try carrying a firehorn and sulfur and ash. The damage from the horn is based on your bard skills.
I carry a fire horn. :) I'm not sure about the damage, but the attack range is 3 tiles, which makes it fairly difficult to use