• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stat Increase Cap Needed for Mana/Stamina

• Thread starter Simon Francis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Simon Francis

We have a Hit Point Increase Cap at 25

With all the val runic hammer around now, it's common to see lots of pieces with 14-16 Stats on them each piece with great mods and resists.

How about a Hard Cap on total stat bonus of +50

(Pots not included in cap)

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because he does not have a suit that gives him that much bonus, and would like to greif everyone else down to his lvl. Duh! /sarcasm

H

Harb

I'm not really sure why decisions are made/ changed/ modified to cap anything. I'm not trying to be flippant, I just don't get it - never have.

Balance is achieved by the property ranges dev introduces or allows within the game, or at least it should be. Arbitrary caps seem merely an "alibi" for not closely watching what's done in the first place. Elsewise, it's a nerf.

I'm still an advocate for continuing to add 5 stat points per year for accounts beyond year 4. A theme I'm always strongly indorsed is to empower, enable and provide incentive, add some challenges and a little new content, keep the product flourishing. We all need goals. Keep it coming boys boys and girls, but come on, caps?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you know what. EA allowed the duping to go on for far too long and now there are a bunch of overpowered items in the game.

something needs to be done.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stamina and Mana are both capped at 8 per piece. HP is capped at 5. I don't know where you got the 14-16 number. You mean multiple properties per piece? Heck. That's been around as long as there have been Barbed Runic Kits. You just didn't check.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are you seriously whining about lots of good cheap gear? I think you ought to celebrate it. It's a holiday guys, newer players and part timers can engage the highest difficulty portions of the game now. We with the best always could but we are seeing more and more players competing at the elite level in pvp. new players aren't turned away by the ridiculous months it took to get a decent suit in UO. All we need now is skill gain being easier and everyone can really enjoy this game.

Who really enjoys building a suit for weeks? Only one with no life who is busy doing math instead of playing UO or doing something else irl.

I think that for once we ought to applaud the dupers for having done us all a favor. Thank you cheaters, you may have proffited but you helped level the playing field for many players. I for one want to thank you all for having reduced the lame boring aspects of the game in favor of fun ones.

S

Simon Francis

Because he does not have a suit that gives him that much bonus, and would like to greif everyone else down to his lvl. Duh! /sarcasm
There are precious few people in UO wealthier than I my friend.

I enjoy balance.

A decent amount of people on my shard have great suits that give up to 50-70 extra stats.

R

RoycroftLS

Isn't five properties per craftable item essentially a cap already? At least two properties go to resists, and every "great mod" uses up another property. I am not too familiar with the common templates nowadays, but if you had every piece with multiple stat bonuses wouldn't you have to sacrifice somewhere else?

And even if you decided you needed those pieces anyway, if they are common to see nowadays what is stopping you from getting a few pieces for yourself?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a cap that is in line with hp would be nice. it might slow down the mages who can cast forever or the archers shooting as fast as a dagger user.