• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

starving plants before final harvest

D

Dirkdiggler

I couldn't find any post about this so im wondering if it has been covered yet. I know you can simply not feed your plant when you harvest the 7th resource and are waiting for the 8th to generate (since one day of not feeding wont kill the plant.) I'm also pretty sure that I've had plants that yielded their resources for two days without feeding. I'm not sure if it was just the RNG on my side or not though. Has anybody looked into starving their plants to save a bit on potions? If not i can experiment around with this but it'll take about a week for my results to show.

EDIT: I did find a reference to starving it one day in 1.14.13 of the FAQ. Not sure if 2 or more is feasible though.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the resident cheapskate, yes, I do this all the time.

I start saving pots on day 5 and just add water to those that needs it. No cure or poison.

6th day you will definitely get a resource.

1) If health goes from vibrant to healthy, but has only one first stage affliction (ie 1 yellow), skip the pot, it will be fine. But add water if required (since it's free)

2) Otherwise, I add the respective pots. No str/heal needed. It will recover health by itself.

That will guarantee you get a resource on day 7. Then repeat the steps above to guarantee a resource on the 8th day. Vibrant plants will remain "healthy" through 2 days of first stage affliction. I tried with heavier/longer starvation, but results weren't too good.

The reason I do this is because if it gets hit by more/worse afflictions and go into wilting, I have to waste a day to heal it. I don't want to risk that as it messes up my batch/cycling.