• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Star Wars... (may be spoilers)

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK... finally saw the new Star Wars... haven't decided if it is good or not... but it does leave ya thinking.

I kinda was hoping for a better plot... seems like the same old thing... bad guys build a death star and the good guys blow it up... (blah, blah, blah)...

I know they had to introduce the new characters... I get that... but was hoping for a little more then the same old plot.

It's kinda like seeing an old rock band reunion... you are glad to see them... but it's sad the lead singer can no longer hit the high notes, the lead guitarist fat fingers the lead, and the poor drummer has a heart attack after the first set.

Would like to hear what y'all think about it.... please post...

Only question I have after seeing it... is..... ok... "who is the girls mother?"

klapios

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You're not wrong.

But I think the death star plot was not as important to the story as the development of characters. I think the story was more of a coming of age/self discovery story about the girl. While her origins are still a mystery you see the girl change and grow from wanting to stay on jakku forever to wait for her family, to discovering her force powers, and then finnally you know.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya the super star planet killer was just a plot point so they could move the story along and let the character introductions and wrap up occur.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think I be seeing that movie for awhile. From what I gather it don't bring any new things to the series.(besides new characters.) If you was to rate the movie from 1 to 10. What would your rating be?

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't mean to come down so hard on the movie, that being said... I was just hoping for a new plot line along with the new characters...
I would still rate the movie around a 7... and it's worth seeing on a big screen because the CG is good... and it's always great to see a Tie-Fighter explode on a big screen.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't mean to come down so hard on the movie, that being said... I was just hoping for a new plot line along with the new characters...
I would still rate the movie around a 7... and it's worth seeing on a big screen because the CG is good... and it's always great to see a Tie-Fighter explode on a big screen.
I might be able to pull that off tomorrow. I would like to see some new characters but I believe they did get some criticism for it.