• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Standard Of Catskills - SOLD - 925Mill to NewThunder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Standard Of Catskills (Ends Sunday 9pm EST)

Yeah, I was thinking this too. Weird thing to me is, there would have been no difference whatsoever if they (since there were two auctioneers!) had simply said at the beginning, "9pm Eastern is the hard and fast deadline.", because changing this to 9:30 really didn't do anything except make it f'ing confusing.

Congrats to NewThunder regardless :)
Well; not getting to speak to him much (He logs at 9:30pm) Necro/TOM simply set that because he can not stay up late hours at night (I assume). But; what Manticore said is how I understood it as well. I suppose its up to Necro/TOM. It's his item. I just ran the auction; since he is new to it. :thumbup1:

Be a little easy on him. He is a big rares collector; just doesn't sell stuff much. And if you give him too much crap; he will DEFINATELY never sell anything ever again. Just my 2 cents. :)

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well; not getting to speak to him much (He logs at 9:30pm) Necro/TOM simply set that because he can not stay up late hours at night (I assume). But; what Manticore said is how I understood it as well. I suppose its up to Necro/TOM. It's his item. I just ran the auction; since he is new to it. :thumbup1:

Be a little easy on him. He is a big rares collector; just doesn't sell stuff much. And if you give him too much crap; he will DEFINATELY never sell anything ever again. Just my 2 cents. :)
big rare collector? only thing im aware he owns beside that item is 3 shards of the gems of immortality

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yeah, haven't seen this tactic of 'no more selling threat' ever used before... not like there's some sort of shortage of items and sellers are drying up ?!?!

Oh well.

I agree with Apetul, weirdest auction ever.

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Yeah, haven't seen this tactic of 'no more selling threat' ever used before... not like there's some sort of shortage of items and sellers are drying up ?!?!

Oh well.

I agree with Apetul, weirdest auction ever.
Well actually there seems to be a shortage of phoenix suits (or else someone would have sold me 1 by now lol)

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Maybe you all should offer more for one? Just a thought :)

There are VERY few of those, OBVIOUSLY, because of the age of the set and they were incredible hard to piece together in the first place. My statement above was in reference to new items being widely available since this was, again, an auction for a NEW ITEM.

*clings tightly to his Phoenix armor set*

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Maybe you all should offer more for one? Just a thought :)

There are VERY few of those, OBVIOUSLY, because of the age of the set and they were incredible hard to piece together in the first place. My statement above was in reference to new items being widely available since this was, again, an auction for a NEW ITEM.

*clings tightly to his Phoenix armor set*
That's a very true statement Lykor, there is no real structure to rares collecting, sure we make Pc's and ballpark figures and its nice to get something for cheap or for what it is believed the item is worth. But when it comes down to the things you really really want you have to be prepared to overpay for them, haha God knows I have!

Just like the folks bidding in this thread.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

That's a very true statement Lykor, there is no real structure to rares collecting, sure we make Pc's and ballpark figures and its nice to get something for cheap or for what it is believed the item is worth. But when it comes down to the things you really really want you have to be prepared to overpay for them, haha God knows I have!

Just like the folks bidding in this thread.
True. I was prepared to go higher. If there's something you want you're going to have to pay for it now. Gold is fairly worthless.

Necro/Tom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thank you for the smooth trade Thunder, and the item is staying on cats, i think, so im happy! I may not sell another item so thanks all!

N

NewThunder

Thank you right back; it was a very smooth transaction. And the item will stay on Catskills

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I witnessed the trade; both guys agreed on terms and it went smoothly. Good job gentlemen. Both are trustworthy people.

MODs, feel free to lock this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.