• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stamina protection or LMC

Riner

Journeyman
Governor
I currently run 5 plate and 1 lmc piece of armor and have no problems with stamina loss but with the new bp I am considering going to 3 plate and 3 lmc pieces any thoughts?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I currently run 5 plate and 1 lmc piece of armor and have no problems with stamina loss but with the new bp I am considering going to 3 plate and 3 lmc pieces any thoughts?
plate has 1%hidden LMC too.
Try it. All depends how hard you are hit . For me physical and fire resists at 75 worked better then plate stamina loss prevention.
Just changed plate chest to balron bone one. Cannot see huge difference. If para balron hits me I loose stamina. may be little more, but I have no time to do math there running to nearest imp for HP and stamina refresh.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The Stamina loss thing is incredibly hard to judge and test in my opinion and has always irked me. I have run warriors with no 'metal' items and have never noticed any stamina loss or reduction in swing speed as a result.
Maybe the mobs aren't hitting hard enough or maybe my Stamina Leech is constantly countering any stamina loss, who knows.

The only time Stamina really drops is when you are low on health and this, to the best of my knowledge, happens regardless of armour type. Is it at this point you lose less stamina? I really don't know. Does it effect Stamina loss during push through in Fel?

Would be really nice to know how the stamina loss is calculated and more importantly when it is calculated. As of now I don't think this info is available.

To answer the original question, I prefer stats over an invisible, questionable stamina loss reduction. Stamina loss reduction can only work if you are losing stamina, if you are not losing stamina in combat then you have to ask yourself.. whats the point.

That's my thoughts on it. :thumbup1:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have two sampires. One runs a plate/ring suit for the stamina protection and the other runs bone/studded for the LMC bonus. I do not see much of a difference in my mana and ability to cast, as most mana being returned to you should be done by leaching. So the benefit of having 55 LMC over 45 LMC does not appear to be that great. If you're casting frequently, you might see more bonus from the LMC boost than I currently am.

However, I do notice the stamina protection difference between the two. Especially if you are in a sticky situation, which you will see often in this Hythloth dungeon event if you run into the wrong paragon, having more stamina left over in the tank to run off makes the template a little more survivable. I also won't suffer from low stamina in the middle of a fight and need to cast Divine Fury in order to replenish. Because of the Stamina protection, I do not run Stamina leach on any of the weapons for the Plate Samp because it's just not needed. This opens up another mod on my weapons. For the Bone Samp, I feel having the Stamina leach is a bit more necessary.

As others have suggested, it's best to test out both and see what fits you best.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have two sampires. One runs a plate/ring suit for the stamina protection and the other runs bone/studded for the LMC bonus. I do not see much of a difference in my mana and ability to cast, as most mana being returned to you should be done by leaching. So the benefit of having 55 LMC over 45 LMC does not appear to be that great. If you're casting frequently, you might see more bonus from the LMC boost than I currently am.

However, I do notice the stamina protection difference between the two. Especially if you are in a sticky situation, which you will see often in this Hythloth dungeon event if you run into the wrong paragon, having more stamina left over in the tank to run off makes the template a little more survivable. I also won't suffer from low stamina in the middle of a fight and need to cast Divine Fury in order to replenish. Because of the Stamina protection, I do not run Stamina leach on any of the weapons for the Plate Samp because it's just not needed. This opens up another mod on my weapons. For the Bone Samp, I feel having the Stamina leach is a bit more necessary.

As others have suggested, it's best to test out both and see what fits you best.
During the ice dungeon event & wearing 5 piece plate, the artic ogre lord paragons were doing significant physical and stamina damage with every hit. During the Hythloth event, the paragon balrons are doing stamina damage also but not as much as the artic ogre lord paragons were. I do not have a non-plate set to test the difference with to see if the higher end paragons were coded to bypass the stamina protection of plate or if the stamina loss would be even worse without it.

Also during Deceit, I noticed the higher emd paragons were doing noticeable stamina damage as well. When two or three of the higher end ones ganged up on me (and they did very frequently) I was often in trouble for stamina.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
I am in trouble for stamina on a shard where I have really poor sampire. Who is wearing leather or medable plate pieces.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
During the ice dungeon event & wearing 5 piece plate, the artic ogre lord paragons were doing significant physical and stamina damage with every hit. During the Hythloth event, the paragon balrons are doing stamina damage also but not as much as the artic ogre lord paragons were. I do not have a non-plate set to test the difference with to see if the higher end paragons were coded to bypass the stamina protection of plate or if the stamina loss would be even worse without it.

Also during Deceit, I noticed the higher emd paragons were doing noticeable stamina damage as well. When two or three of the higher end ones ganged up on me (and they did very frequently) I was often in trouble for stamina.
When you're taking hits from higher level mobs that do more damage, they typically will still damage your stamina a bit if they hit you hard enough, even with the protection. The plate does still help though and you don't lose quite as much.

The stam protection works much better against lower level mobs whereby you probably won't lose any stamina when they hit you.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you're taking hits from higher level mobs that do more damage, they typically will still damage your stamina a bit if they hit you hard enough, even with the protection. The plate does still help though and you don't lose quite as much.

The stam protection works much better against lower level mobs whereby you probably won't lose any stamina when they hit you.
Yes, I know this. The point is that the event mobs seem to be inconsistent in the amount of damage they do to your stamina with sta protection of armor. Someone tested & posted long ago (I cannot find that post anymore) that the plate gives approximately 14 sta protection per piece. I tested today on normal artic ogre lords and was getting around 10-11. My test was a quick one though (no amor vs 1 piece of plate) & I could not keep my stamina from regenerating (so it may be higher). So a 5 piece set like mine should incur 50-55 ish damage before losing one point of stamina. Paragon artic ogre lords were doing somewhere around 50 or more damage per hit to my stamina in addition to doing huge damage on my 70's suit (75 I think). That would mean they were no armor hitting for nearly 140 per hit - which is insane. Also two hits from one and I was basically out of stamina. Now the paragon balrons of Hythloth are not doing nearly the stamina damage (I do not notice it so much) in addition to around 53 per hit on a 70's suit. I think the ogre lords were coded with some bypass sta protection of plate. The deceit paragons also hit stamina pretty hard vs the damage they were doing. But the Fire & Hythloth paragons are not doing nearly the stamina damage the Deceit & Ice were.

On non-event mobs, the sta protection of heavy armor is well worth it. On event mobs, it is still worth it - but the results seem to vary.

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, I know this. The point is that the event mobs seem to be inconsistent in the amount of damage they do to your stamina with sta protection of armor. Someone tested & posted long ago (I cannot find that post anymore) that the plate gives approximately 14 sta protection per piece. I tested today on normal artic ogre lords and was getting around 10-11. My test was a quick one though (no amor vs 1 piece of plate) & I could not keep my stamina from regenerating (so it may be higher). So a 5 piece set like mine should incur 50-55 ish damage before losing one point of stamina. Paragon artic ogre lords were doing somewhere around 50 or more damage per hit to my stamina in addition to doing huge damage on my 70's suit (75 I think). That would mean they were no armor hitting for nearly 140 per hit - which is insane. Also two hits from one and I was basically out of stamina. Now the paragon balrons of Hythloth are not doing nearly the stamina damage (I do not notice it so much) in addition to around 53 per hit on a 70's suit. I think the ogre lords were coded with some bypass sta protection of plate. The deceit paragons also hit stamina pretty hard vs the damage they were doing. But the Fire & Hythloth paragons are not doing nearly the stamina damage the Deceit & Ice were.

On non-event mobs, the sta protection of heavy armor is well worth it. On event mobs, it is still worth it - but the results seem to vary.

So the issue here is that stamina damage also scales up with your dexterity, That was my problem in my testing.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*Human racial ability Tough now provides a small bonus to stamina loss reduction.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think the ogre lords were coded with some bypass sta protection of plate.
My theory on this has always been that ogres, while in appearance fight hand to hand, are actually equipped with a club (there is always a non magical one on their corpse). Mace weapons by design inflict more stamina damage.

I tried to confirm this years ago but it was neither confirmed or denied.

Players have different gear setups, play styles, skill levels, templates etc. Best way to find out if you 'need' the stamina protection is to test it. What works for one player may not work or be required for others and vice versa. I personally run with 4 metal pieces and have no stamina issues (even aginst the Hythloth para balrons), I reckon if I had to drop to 3 for whatever reason, I would notice very little.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

@Kyronix Any chance this could be updated on the in-game tool tip?

@Petra Fyde It is very difficult to find a definitive page on racial abilities in the official wiki (atleast by searching for keywords). Any chance this could be a topic to be updated in more detail?
Doing some testing and as of right now, i'm not seeing a difference in human/elf stamina damage while naked. If there is one, it gets lost in the rounding it looks like.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

@Kyronix Any chance this could be updated on the in-game tool tip?

@Petra Fyde It is very difficult to find a definitive page on racial abilities in the official wiki (atleast by searching for keywords). Any chance this could be a topic to be updated in more detail?
On it

Last edited: