• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stacking Non-Identical Slayers

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This question is for both my Sampire and my ABC archer. Can you stack non-identical slayers on both your talisman and your weapon which work individually for the same monster. For example:

Weapon: Undead Slayer / Talisman: Mage Slayer (on a Lich for instance)
Weapon: Repond Slayer / Talisman: Vermin Slayer (on a Rat Mage for instance)

If so, does this give a 200% DI bonus and then the rest to 300% maximum can come from DI on items or Chivalry buffs (CW & EOO)?

Thanks for your expertise!

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Connor_Graham

Yes, they can stack. I always use a repond slayer with a vermin slayer talisman at Barracoon.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take care with the undead/mage slayer combo if you get blood oathed. The results are often shades of gray.

Stayin Alive,

BG

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be aware that the double slayer may not do as much good as you might hope. There's still that cap. So double slayer plus Perfection plus Enemy of One really shouldn't do anything more than any single slayer plus Enemy of One.

If I'm understanding the cap correctly. A big if.

-Galen's player

C

Connor_Graham

Be aware that the double slayer may not do as much good as you might hope. There's still that cap. So double slayer plus Perfection plus Enemy of One really shouldn't do anything more than any single slayer plus Enemy of One.

If I'm understanding the cap correctly. A big if.

-Galen's player
Double slayer plus 100 DI hits you at the damage cap so you don't need to use EoO, which is perfect for a champ spawn situation, or one in which you have mixed mobs in the same area.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Galen -- Connor nailed my intent for vermin and undead spawns.

For the Vermin, the soul seeker has 0 DI, so I will have trouble getting to 100 DI from items. But with the double slayers and 70ish DI plus CW I'll be at 300 cap without using EOO or perfection. I'll use perfection for the mana refresh upon monster death, but won't do that on every monster.

It was also for a slightly more survivable spawner dexxer build I've been thinking about... But it all revolves around double slayers.

-OBSIDIAN-

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Galen -- Connor nailed my intent for vermin and undead spawns.

For the Vermin, the soul seeker has 0 DI, so I will have trouble getting to 100 DI from items. But with the double slayers and 70ish DI plus CW I'll be at 300 cap without using EOO or perfection. I'll use perfection for the mana refresh upon monster death, but won't do that on every monster.

It was also for a slightly more survivable spawner dexxer build I've been thinking about... But it all revolves around double slayers.

-OBSIDIAN-
*nods*

I can personally testify that your plan works well for the Vermin Horde spawn. (Vermin Slayer talisman + Soul Seeker or other nice Repond slayer weapon.)

Now that I think about it, the Conjurer's Trinket stacks with an Undead slayer weapon and a Mage Slayer talisman stacks with an Undead slayer weapon as well.

I tend to forget this stuff because it's so rare that I actually know what spawn I'm gonna do, so I rarely if ever think about Slayers anymore...I pretty much just use normal weapons and try like Hell to get as many loot rights as possible. Sometimes if I leave a spawn area to get slayers by the time I'm back the spawn's over!!

;)

-Galen's player