• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stable Slot token

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still think they should have took the opportunity to introduce "Pet Statues" to the shop instead of a slot token.
Need more space in your stable? Okies, just pull out some older pet and use this "pokeball type thing" on it....presto bingo....you now have a small statue of your pet to put in your house.
Want it back? Then do the same to another pet to make space in stable then open the "statue" in a stables to retrieve your pet. These are not like the summoning crystal balls....there's no whipping into a dungeon and then retrieving your pet. No, these can only be "opened" at the stables.
Want to collect one of every animal in Sosaria?...No problem, you can buy as many as you like from the UO Store, they're 500 Sovereigns each.
No extra stable slots, no people complaining slots should be free, no P2W crying. Job done.

Personally I know I would be buying.....A LOT. lol:cheerleader:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In Star Trek Online I start with 5x12 bank slots, then add additional 17x12 bank slots increases 3€ each. Per character. I can have 5 characters. That's 255€ per account :D

Inventory is not bank. So I can add 9x12 inventory slot increases for 4€ each too. Per character. That's 180€ per account.

Add ships, officers and so on..

It's the pandora's box. I can spent over 1000€ and not have my account maxed. But it comes for free and you can daily grind about 1 to 3€ of store cash out in game :)

Last edited:

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Want to collect one of every animal in Sosaria?...No problem, you can buy as many as you like from the UO Store, they're 500 Sovereigns each.
No extra stable slots, no people complaining slots should be free, no P2W crying. Job done.

Same problem - pay them more money to own more pets. I'd support the idea 100% if the statues were craftable, however! ;)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still think they should have took the opportunity to introduce "Pet Statues" to the shop instead of a slot token.
Need more space in your stable? Okies, just pull out some older pet and use this "pokeball type thing" on it....presto bingo....you now have a small statue of your pet to put in your house.
Want it back? Then do the same to another pet to make space in stable then open the "statue" in a stables to retrieve your pet. These are not like the summoning crystal balls....there's no whipping into a dungeon and then retrieving your pet. No, these can only be "opened" at the stables.

yeah right, sounds good ........ not

Unless of course if you want to own more than 21 weapons you have to 'buy' a few weapons cases to store em in, and if you want more spellbooks/runebooks you have to 'buy' a libraray box, and if you want more than 21 bits of armor how about you 'buy' a closet that holds an additional 5 bits for $6 bucks.

I have no idea why people think it is ok to keep charging ppl for stuff in a subscription game. Stable is just a container, should hold 125 items, absolutely NO flipping excuse for anything less, most people would only 'store' what they use and even if everyone filled em up who the hell cares. This game has 100x less players than it ever had so storage is not an issue, not to mention it costs bugger all to store 000000's and 1111111's which is all it is.

For goodness sake, stop with the it's ok to keep sticking it to the player base with charging us for content that should come with the subscription.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really have no idea how EA works do you. UO wont see a dime of the revenue generated.

The best you can probably say is it keeps UO profitable, but the more UO comes to rely on this additional revenue over and above subscriptions then the more they will charge you for. Its a rip off price, but people are paying it and therefore this will become the model going forward. Forget anything for 'free' (ie part of your subscription) in the future.

Vanity Item, if you can't afford it, don't buy it.

More more more, keep 'em coming devs.

:)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What gets me about this thread is the Taming isn't even a Primary Skill, it's designed as a secondary skill.
So by most "tamers" logic in here then yes you can have more slots, but you can no longer hold a weapon or spellbook. Ok?

What's to stop a Tamer using swords also? So yes Tamers have more of an advantage than Warriors as we can only ride a pet.
Tamers can control pets AND used weapons or Magery.....

Like others have said, These extra slots are pure Vanity.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What gets me about this thread is the Taming isn't even a Primary Skill, it's designed as a secondary skill.
So by most "tamers" logic in here then yes you can have more slots, but you can no longer hold a weapon or spellbook. Ok?

What's to stop a Tamer using swords also? So yes Tamers have more of an advantage than Warriors as we can only ride a pet.

The man has a point!

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since when? Taming requires 3 skills to be done properly. Mana and template demands preclude a tamer from being an effective mage or a bard.

What's to stop a Tamer using swords also?
Pitiful DPS you get without supporting skills and inability to tank when you draw aggro?

So yes Tamers have more of an advantage than Warriors as we can only ride a pet.
That must be the reason why Sampires are so popular.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh right......That must be why I never see Tamers and their GD's at every single EM event.........because their templates are so hard to be effective..... ;)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh right......That must be why I never see Tamers and their GD's at every single EM event.........because their templates are so hard to be effective..... ;)
He was saying that the effective part of the template IS the taming, to combat your notion that taming is a secondary skills. I also disagree, taming is obviously a primary focus skill set, as it takes up half of your skill points.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could argue a good portion of this game is pure vanity. Houses are pure vanity for example. You don't need them to play. More than one stable slot is pure vanity. You only need one pet to be a tamer.

It's more a question of what is reasonable, not what is essential.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

NO Taming is a primary skill like any weapon skill it requires aid...

So by your logic then swords, archery, macing, fencing, throwing..... NONE Of you ought to need bushido, Ninjitsu, Chivalry or anything else just that weapon in your hand... no other skills to back that up or enhance it???

But when a sword fighter adds on Bushido or Chivalry it actually IMPROVES his hit.... does more damage... etc...

If I add Magery, or a weapon skill..... it does jack squat to my pets damage... and the damage I can do combined with my pet is NO WAY near what an Archer or Dexer can do with their weapon.... yet you sit here and tell me that it does.

ONE Skill Spellweaving can enhance my pets life and increase my damage to be "on par" with the rest of the players..... and that's when I use WoD which doesn't work on many creatures... any mage using it will outdamage me without a problem and I can only BEGIN to use that when what I'm fighting is low enough in life...

StressBall

Adventurer
Nice money making idea please make a land clearing tool so people can place houses in some wooded areas make it limited charges and sell it in the online shop for $'s

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice money making idea please make a land clearing tool so people can place houses in some wooded areas make it limited charges and sell it in the online shop for $'s
You think deforestation of the landscape to a barren wasteland with a potentially never ending urban sprawl is a good thing!? Personally I don't.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You think deforestation of the landscape to a barren wasteland with a potentially never ending urban sprawl is a good thing!? Personally I don't.
Well, now that the Genie is out of the bottle and people are lining up to buy stuff, maybe they should just go crazy with it now. In addition to the land clearing tool, how about:

- BMD (Broadsword Marking Department (TM)) sponsored bill boards that can be placed on roads, on the sides of town buildings, etc. that display a user defined jpg that can advertise goods and services in the game. Clicking on them would take someone to a vendor house. $20 / month. They could supplement it with a BB recharge tool (3 charges, $5).

- Kotyl Strip Mining Machine powered by 10 Kotyl power cores that when placed next to a mountain gives out 500 random ingots / minute for up to 60 minutes before power cores are destroyed. $25. Store can be updated to sell power cores 3 for $5.

- Acme House Moving Tool good for moving one house of any size, fully stocked and decorated. $50. Could be used in conjunction with the Character Transfer Token (Not valid for use with shard shields, duh) to move houses between shards.

etc. etc. ;)

Well.. ok, maybe not.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While this is an idea that I don't really think is tenable from a practical or technical standpoint, it sure would be awesome if a dev would just do a walk around some day mark a few trees that are alone in the middle of otherwise open, green grass clearings that would be great little house spots if not for said tree, and just edit the map.

There are like 100 of those kind of spots for smaller houses in nice wooded areas around the old world. :p

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I add Magery, or a weapon skill..... it does jack squat to my pets damage... and the damage I can do combined with my pet is NO WAY near what an Archer or Dexer can do with their weapon.... yet you sit here and tell me that it does.

I agree taming is obviously a primary skill, however you can out damage a dexer with a tamer. You have to sacrifice defense but it is feasible.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please show me the tamer/pet that can out damage my sampire...please ?
120 swords
120 tactics
120 Bushido
115 Taming (85 Real)
115 Lore (85 Real)
100 Vet (90 real)
100 Chiv

Pet tanks/does damage
I AI and use invis pots to break aggro. Also using onslaught lowers physical resists so pet does more damage.

You can use same suit build as sampire minus defensive stats.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
120 swords
120 tactics
120 Bushido
115 Taming (85 Real)
115 Lore (85 Real)
100 Vet (90 real)
100 Chiv

Pet tanks/does damage
I AI and use invis pots to break aggro. Also using onslaught lowers physical resists so pet does more damage.

You can use same suit build as sampire minus defensive stats.
Hum... I may have to consider something of this nature... but I certainly wouldn't go with swords. But then when you are fighting something with heavy AoE how do you heal you and your pet?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hum... I may have to consider something of this nature... but I certainly wouldn't go with swords. But then when you are fighting something with heavy AoE how do you heal you and your pet?
Usually avoid them with this build. However you could utilize chivs healing for you and invis pots to break aggro so you can get back to healing pet. Wont work without a decent meat shield. I use swords because of onslaught. Using a hiyru plus onslaught can drop a critters physical resist by quite a bit.

* I switch out swords with archery if im being lazy :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have about 45 tamer characters spread out all over the place. About two thirds of them are peace tamers. The rest are tamers I made with a specific template for factions and which I don't use at all anymore. I think I used an advanced character token to start maybe 3 or 4 of them, years ago. All of the rest I trained up from new characters and without the use of transcendence or alacrity scrolls. I like making characters from scratch, especially on shards where I have nothing. Don't have the time these days to do that anymore though. Hardly have time to log in more than about an hour or two per month anymore, although I have spent maybe 5 or 6 hours or so in the last week trying to get a fancy new nightmare on Origin, to no avail. All that being said, I have no plans at this point to buy any stable slot tokens. I've been slowly updating my spreadsheet where I keep track of all the tamer characters' pets and checking the available stable slots for the tamers. Most of my tamer characters still have room for a couple more pets, especially if I do a little more cleanup on them. There are only one or two tamers that maybe could use a slot increase. I have only a handful of the dread warhorses/bane dragons and only one turtle dragon hatchling (a gift from guildmates and I declined more such gifts because of lack of time to play).

Now if the stable slot tokens were being sold so that the increase was account-wide, I probably would consider buying a few of them, probably one for each of the seven accounts I've still got active because that would seem like a smart thing to do (i.e., worth the money I'm spending) and might get me to log in more and do more experimenting with various kinds of pets and the new pet training system. But as it is, with how little I play these days, I won't be buying any unless it's with the gift of sovereigns we got a while back, since I still haven't spent those yet. (Haven't used the in-game store at all yet.) The new pet training system intrigues me, but again, I just don't have the time or inclination at this point to get into using it. Hoping I'll have a chance to check it out sometime down the road.
speaking as the guildmate who always gives you strange and wonderful pets.... i have a couple of those fancy new Night Mares for you on Origin.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In fact, if you think critically on it for a few minutes, crafters are already being led down this path, and have been for a while. They must buy a forged metal artifact tool, or waste a ridiculous amount of time and materials, because they have the success rates for normal gameplay mechanics set so low. They must buy a pen of wisdom, or waste a ridiculous amount of time.
This. They have just about every precedent imaginable to choose from given how many different approaches have been taken by UO teams over two decades. This one is the wrong one to follow.

J. E. Tamer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, are these things still depressingly expensive ($5 for three slots for one character) ?