• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stable Slot increase tokens

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
+3!

I think they would sell a LOT more if they were not account bound.....it would make more sense in the long run because the tamers now will just increase their slots and be done with it...then sales go down exponentially...hopefully they will think about it, because I know I would buy a few for friends that cannot otherwise afford it....sad that I can't!

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You want to be able to buy them and sell them for gold in game or is there a different reason?
Well there is that, also there is buying on one account and maybe giving to another, or being a wonderfully inclined guildy and helpin another guild member or ally out. All kinds of reasons really.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well there is that, also there is buying on one account and maybe giving to another, or being a wonderfully inclined guildy and helpin another guild member or ally out. All kinds of reasons really.
Sovereigns are tied to your EA account and can be used by any UO account tied to that account afaik. So you'd not need to buy on one and give to the other?

I'm not opposed to making the sellable! :p I'm all for using my hard earned RL monies to earn a little in game spending cash. I was just curious if there was a specific reason for the request outside of that.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I typically buy my stuff on one master account and disperse it to the rest much easier to keep the SOVs on one Master Acct rather than spread across 4. And who cares if store items are sold for game gold it is good for the economy and gets store items into hand of folks that might otherwise not be able to afford them. Either way they would sell more and I and several others would have a whole lot less hassle.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sovereigns are tied to your EA account and can be used by any UO account tied to that account afaik. So you'd not need to buy on one and give to the other?

I'm not opposed to making the sellable! :p I'm all for using my hard earned RL monies to earn a little in game spending cash. I was just curious if there was a specific reason for the request outside of that.
And in the case of slot tokens the account under the master account is stuck with them and they are worthless for the other 9 accounts under that master acct.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
+3!

I think they would sell a LOT more if they were not account bound.....it would make more sense in the long run because the tamers now will just increase their slots and be done with it...then sales go down exponentially...hopefully they will think about it, because I know I would buy a few for friends that cannot otherwise afford it....sad that I can't!
One thought. You could get the code and then give it to your friends to apply to their account. That should allow you to get some for them. :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One thought. You could get the code and then give it to your friends to apply to their account. That should allow you to get some for them. :)

Theres no code on things in the in-game store. They are a token that pops into your backpack/

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I wish they would put cinnamon rolls ingame.
Tomatoes... we need them... and we need to be able to throw them...

I once suggested that for Halloween one year we ought to have a stockade by the bank in each town... and beggars who get "tricked" should wind up there so you can throw food at them... would be a hoot... last like a min or so... doesn't that sound fun? hehe

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*helps derail the thread further*

I'd like to see a lot more things added to cooking, including cinnamon rolls, donuts, etc :drool:

Still need to make ale craftable...

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Possibly but if that were the case everything in the in game store should be acct bound.
They may not want to change items that have been in store for years to account bound because they were bought many times by players intending to resell. More than likely they are already in game and on vendors etc. and changing them to account bound in code may cause those currently in game to have account bound status. This would upset those that currently have these. Making new items that are in token form that are account bound lets the player base know before hand that these items are not for in game resale. I can only speculate the reason for this being is to combat duping of new items that are from the store to maximize the revenue. Thus allowing them to have money/time/reason to keep development of items to the store. It also can allow them to judge the type of items to add based on revenue generated as it is hard to judge the success of a product created when sales are taken away by possible exploits. They may do this for more items yet to come but we did not see them do this with the new mounts they added. I can only speculate that anything that changes the nature of the account in the future may be secured in such a manner.

Last edited:

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still think it is account bound because it was easier to program quickly to support new taming changes.

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
They may not want to change items that have been in store for years to account bound because they were bought many times by players intending to resell. More than likely they are already in game and on vendors etc. and changing them to account bound in code may cause those currently in game to have account bound status. This would upset those that currently have these. Making new items that are in token form that are account bound lets the player base know before hand that these items are not for in game resale. I can only speculate the reason for this being is to combat duping of new items that are from the store to maximize the revenue. Thus allowing them to have money/time/reason to keep development of items to the store. It also can allow them to judge the type of items to add based on revenue generated as it is hard to judge the success of a product created when sales are taken away by possible exploits. They may do this for more items yet to come but we did not see them do this with the new mounts they added. I can only speculate that anything that changes the nature of the account in the future may be secured in such a manner.

I don't know who you are, but I decided I will share some digital cinnamon rolls with you.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still think it is account bound because it was easier to program quickly to support new taming changes.
I am pretty much of the same opinion. But also figure if they want more of my dead presidents they would change it so they were obtaining more of my dead presidents.