• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] SSI and Leech Intensities

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many publishes ago, HML & HLL intensities were tied to weapon speed. I was curious, and tried on TC1 to see if I could imbue maximum HML first then SSI and keep it. Nope. If you were to imbue say 66% HML on a runeblade, then imbue 25% SSI, the 66% HML will be adjusted to 49% HML without any warnings.
[FONT=Garamond ! important][/FONT]

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The maximum Hit Leech you can imbue on a weapon is 50%. It remains unchanged, if you imbue SSI later.

C

Connor_Graham

The maximum Hit Leech you can imbue on a weapon is 50%. It remains unchanged, if you imbue SSI later.
This is incorrect. I've got an imbued ornate axe with HML of 62% with 30 SSI. Mana Leech is based on the swing speed of the weapon and the mana leech formula and not by a 50% cap.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found that out the hard way. I put max mana leech and life leech on a radiant scimitar. Then added the ssi and watched the leeches go down :(

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought a nice ornate axe with (imbued)

hit stam 44%
hml 55%
hit life 55%
ssi 30%
dmg 40%

so you can definately have higher then 50% with ssi
maybe ssi has to go first, then other attributes after to keep the max

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought a nice ornate axe with (imbued)

hit stam 44%
hml 55%
hit life 55%
ssi 30%
dmg 40%

so you can definately have higher then 50% with ssi
maybe ssi has to go first, then other attributes after to keep the max
SSI affects the max amount of HML and HLL no matter the order SSI is introduced to an item. Make an ornate axe with 20% SSI and one with 30% SSI. Then try to imbue them with HML. The max amount of HML you can imbue will be different on the two axes. That's why I went to test to see if I could get around this. This change was introduced when the leech intensities were tied to weapon speed. Slower weapons have higher max values of HML and HLL.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you ever crafted an ornate axe with 84% HLL or HML? How about looting a lance with 100% HML. Ive done both.

The maximum HSL you can imbue is 50% regardless of weapon speed. Not the same for HML or HLL.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting. Again, I learned something. Seems like the Devs tried to make Imbuing as complicated as possible.

How exactly is the correlation between HML/HLL and SSI?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SSI affects the max amount of HML and HLL no matter the order SSI is introduced to an item. Make an ornate axe with 20% SSI and one with 30% SSI. Then try to imbue them with HML. The max amount of HML you can imbue will be different on the two axes. That's why I went to test to see if I could get around this. This change was introduced when the leech intensities were tied to weapon speed. Slower weapons have higher max values of HML and HLL.
So then using that logic that ssi % determines max of like hml wouldn't be best to imbue the ssi first that way if its 20% ssi you can stop at that point with out using anymore items since you will have a lower % max cap on hml etc.

C

Connor_Graham

It still requires the same amount of materials at 0 or 30 SSI to put max mana leech on regardless of what order you do them in.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note that in the formula Storm is providing, the INTENSITY of the leeches DOES NOT CHANGE. And, shouldn't the "100+SSI" be in parentheses? Remember your math order of operations, folks... (sorry, but I was originally majoring in Math teaching - those things are important. After all, remember what a missing parenthesis did to the BOD formulas for 6 years...)

All that changes is the DISPLAYED amount.

The actual base intensity of the leeches is STILL 2-50%, prior to being modified for the weapon speed and SSI.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So then using that logic that ssi % determines max of like hml wouldn't be best to imbue the ssi first that way if its 20% ssi you can stop at that point with out using anymore items since you will have a lower % max cap on hml etc.
This is what I have been doing. Use DC runic on iron ingots until I get 25% or 30% SSI then imbue the rest. I just thought maybe I could get around the rules by imbuing SSI after imbuing leeches. But I might as well keep burning the DC runic and save myself some Relic fragments and special materials.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This is what I have been doing. Use DC runic on iron ingots until I get 25% or 30% SSI then imbue the rest. I just thought maybe I could get around the rules by imbuing SSI after imbuing leeches. But I might as well keep burning the DC runic and save myself some Relic fragments and special materials.
This. I have been doing the exact same thing with the DC runic hammers to save on relic frag costs. With this method, your SSI goes on first so you never have to watch your leeches change post-imbue. I've been selling starter sampire weapons and soul seeker-like diamond maces/leafblades. They are selling well at reasonable prices (between 50-100K depending on the SSI) even without POF.

-OBSIDIAN-

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I even managed to hammer out a Reptile slayer Diasho while trying to make a few 30% SSI Diasho. Rend anyone?