• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Spring cleaning instructions, please

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I'm sort of out of the loop... but I have too much stuff in UO, so could some nice soul post the basics?

1. what is "cleanable"
2. where to take it and what exactly to do with it
3. are points accumulated per character or per account? (does it have to be the same char all the time)
4. what's a nice thing to get when you have no chance for the highest end stuff?

You know, a clue...
Thanks

N

Nenime

2. Where to take it and what to do:

There are five collectors:

- Yonns the Collector (Britain (Trammel), in front of the Artist's Guild, just north of First Bank of Britain (WBB))
- Makiko the Samurai (Zento, Rokuon Cultural Center, 1st Floor, near the south entrance)
- Lozat the Numismatist (Britain (Trammel), East Britain Bank)
- Calaid the Soldier (Britain (Trammel), North guard tower at Castle Britannia entrance)
- Onoe the Soldier (Britain (Trammel), South guard tower at Castle Britannia entrance)

Say "info" next to them and they'll tell you what they take. Then just drag and drop the item on the collector. If accepted, a green turn-in ticket (titled: "Spring Cleaning Ticket") will appear in your backpack with a value corresponding to the item turned in (see in table of above link).

Now you go to Onoe and doubleclick the chest next to him (titled "Spring Cleaning"). Leftclick the ticket icon and a cursor will appear. With this you singleclick the green turn-in ticket in your backpack. The points will accumulate with every ticket. Click the "rewards"-button to see the amount of points you already have.

To claim a reward, click the "rewards"-button and then choose one from the list.

WARNING: Some bugs/errors were reported concerning turning in complete stacks of items (like Grobu's fur). So it would be wise to handle them over one by one. Please heed this http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=378

N

Nenime

3. Are points accumulated per character or per account? (Does it have to be the same char all the time?)

You can transfer or trade the green tickets freely. So it doesn't matter which of your chars has turned the items into the tickets.

But the points themselves (the ones you see in the chest menu) are bonded to the character . No accumulation per account.:(

N

Nenime

4. What's a nice thing to get when you have no chance for the highest end stuff?

I can't give any advice here because I'm clueless too. rolleyes:

N

Nenime

Additional question: How do I get turnable items?

1. Check your belongings

As the title "spring cleaning" suggests, it's an opportunity to get rid of (more or less) unique but useless stuff. So no excuses for keeping hundreds of Holiday & Valentine Gifts ;). You asked yourself what this Magincia rubble is good for? Now you know. Any powerscroll or artefact you certainly won't use or have in doubles?

2. Take advantage of your profession

You are a fighter and you love the smell of mandrake root in the morning? Then try this:

- Help Britannia to fight back the ongoing invasion! (Chaos Shield e.g. 2500 p)

- Struggle for artefacts. For less experienced fighters the probably best way to get highly rewarded turn-ins is to go on a pilgrimage through the Virtue Dungeons. Find a good ratio of [high fame vs. fast killing rate]. Note: To be turnable, Virtue artefacts must actually have the "Artifact Level ..."-tag on it. So only the weapons or shields, not the armor set pieces and not the map. Obviously you may hunt Paragons or in Doom as well to get arties.

- And what about the Ophidians? Just check out if they still have some Rations (100 p) or Slippery Snake Skin (400 p) left (they do!).

- Whatever you hunt: take every treasure map, even the smaller ones (100-1000 p).

Fishermen: Sail the deep seas and throw out your fishing poles. If you find a SOS/MiB I recommend to use it instead of turning it in directly (only 100 p). Pick up everything what is tagged "Recovered From A Shipwreck" (250 p each).
Special Fishing Nets are good turn-ins (500 p). Wether you better turn the fable (white) ones in (5000 p) or use them depends on your fighting abilities. Remember Jonah?

Thiefs: Your mother told you that it's wrong to steal from others? Right she was. But what about all the precious artefacts laying unnoticed in the dungeons of our lands? Get them! Who will miss them anyway? The dragon behind you?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T- maps are also good to turn in. No matter how small they are, every point counts. :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4. What's a nice thing to get when you have no chance for the highest end stuff?

I can't give any advice here because I'm clueless too. rolleyes:

Lizardman in Despise . Kill alot of them fast and hope to get 10 Anniversary items.

N

Nenime

Lizardman in Despise . Kill alot of them fast and hope to get 10 Anniversary items.
I think Magdalene is wondering about the smaller rewards, isn't she? I'm curious about the horse barding. What I won't get is one of this slogan-shirts. What a weird idea this was :coco:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Magdalene is wondering about the smaller rewards, isn't she? I'm curious about the horse barding. What I won't get is one of this slogan-shirts. What a weird idea this was :coco:

Ooops,yep.

Well i got a Beeshive (One of my characters loves honey and a Virtue tile (Spirituality) . Horse Barding and Dragon Head are also on my list to get.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me fishing up SoS bottles seems to be very good to get the points up. 250points for every shipwreck items adds up after some bottles. Don't forget that the chest itself also can be turned in.

N

Nenime

I gathered the most points from the obsidian shields and blades of the Vanguard Controllers. It's a bit harder now.
With some pain I finally gave away a lot of my treasure maps. Treasure hunting is fun! But... so much to do in the game and so less time *sigh*
I must admit that deep inside of me there was a hidden wish to start a career as a dastardly thief *har-har*:gee: Now I have an offical excuse for doing so ;)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm doing a mix of everything you mentioned above but i had about 60 SoS bottles put aside so i'm fishing those up first. While i do that i pull up new ones and nets so it keeps me going for a bit . ;)

N

Nenime

Two new reward armor sets: Sorceror Armor and Scout Armor. So, Frarc, what do you think? :drool:

But what kind of reward is this: Bucket (for 5,000pts)? Must be a hell of a bucket then. :pint:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two new reward armor sets: Sorceror Armor and Scout Armor. So, Frarc, what do you think? :drool:

But what kind of reward is this: Bucket (for 5,000pts)? Must be a hell of a bucket then. :pint:

After my friend have her jewelery set i'm definitly going for the sets. Sorceror armor first and see how far we get for scouts armor afterwards. That all 10 anniversary items will be 10K of points might make it possible to get everything.

No way i turn in a bucket i have. Its a item that use to spawn only now and then and i even think they don't spawn anymore.

http://www.uorares.com/Database/SpawningRares/bucket.php